Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

Recommendations on pants?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Back Marker

SuperHawkins is on a distinguished road
Recommendations on pants?

What do you guys recommend for pants? I'm a street rider, no track time (yet, cant afford the fun!), ride "safely aggressive" on the street....my back tire has no chicken strips let me put it that way. Looking for a good pair of riding pants that won't break the budget seeing as I'm moving into a new appt at the first of the month.

Catch is, my local drag strip, which I've been dying to lower the front end and take the VTR too...( it outruns my buddy's 919 which did an 11.4 a few months back...I'm itching to see what mine runs, being as I've always been a 1/4 mile guy)....

Well tech at the track is fairly stringent and for the bikes, they require shoes that go over the ankles, a jacket, gloves, helmet, and pants... I don't know specifics and what kind of pants will fly, but if I show up in a pair of Draggin's denim, I doubt they'll actually BELIEVE me that theyre reinforced, and pull me.

So do yall have any recommendations for a decent pair of pants that will pass tech, for a fair price? I honestly won't wear them very often, just on spirited rides and to the track.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
How about....ready....drumroll, please.....

Assless chaps!

I think it'd be funny as hell if you wore them on your last pass of the night and just stood up and putted down the strip.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Back Marker

SuperHawkins is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hawkrider
How about....ready....drumroll, please.....

Assless chaps!

I think it'd be funny as hell if you wore them on your last pass of the night and just stood up and putted down the strip.
That'd be freakin awesome...maybe let a nut hang out

On topic, I hear good thing about these Frank something-or-other pants.....they any good? I have a Cycle Gear locally...didn't discover this until a few weeks I rode to my cellphone store to pick up a charger, on the bike....and stopped and saw bikes in the parking lot....Damn cycle gear is next door!
Old 04-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Frank Thomas. They used to be pretty good. They have gotten bigger in the last few years. Dunno if their quality has stayed the same or gone down in light of their growth.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:59 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I have two pair of FT leather jeans. One with the Strike set and the other just black. I like the fit and have no problem with the quality. The rap with FT is that the Brits put the zipper on the other side of the jacket so some Yanks can have a slight problem with that!
Old 04-24-2007, 11:22 PM
Superstock

RPV-Hawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SuperHawkins
What do you guys recommend for pants?
Don't Wear em!
Old 04-25-2007, 04:27 AM
Back Marker

timdske is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SuperHawkins

Well tech at the track is fairly stringent and for the bikes, they require shoes that go over the ankles, a jacket, gloves, helmet, and pants... I don't know specifics and what kind of pants will fly, but if I show up in a pair of Draggin's denim, I doubt they'll actually BELIEVE me that theyre reinforced, and pull me.

So do yall have any recommendations for a decent pair of pants that will pass tech, for a fair price? I honestly won't wear them very often, just on spirited rides and to the track.
Why don't you just call the track and ask them what kind of pants they
require. Then you'll know.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Back Marker
Back Marker

penst8grad
I have a pair of Honda racing leather pants for "spirited" rides with friends. Just picked up a pair of Icon Superduty Khakis for normal riding.

I've seen enough after pics that I will NEVER wear jeans or shorts to ride.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Back Marker

blokeontheend
you could wear Bohn body armour under Icon Anthem pants to get impact protection + abrasion protection. BMW inotex jeans are kevlar + denim weave but expensive. Olympia Moto makes a cordura jean with CE protectors that looks like jeans. www.webbikeworld.com should have some ideas for you.