RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Wow tires piss me off

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Superstock

Mattaua is on a distinguished road
Wow tires **** me off

Well on my other bike i replaced the rear tire 2 times in 6 months. I've had my superhawk for about 2 months now and it came with BRAND NEW (less than 50 miles) shinkos and now my front tire has gone flat from a hole. Will this crap never end??? this will be $350 worth of tires in just about 7 months. What a pain in the @$$
Old 07-18-2010, 07:18 PM
jet wrench
Back Marker

loserbaby is on a distinguished road
I plugged a rear, don't know if that's wise on a front. I've never blown a tire, and it scares me to think if it were to happen at speed...
Old 07-18-2010, 08:06 PM
SuperSport

jay956 is on a distinguished road
you have a few options. buy more touring oriented tires, or go easy with the right wrist.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Nose Picker
Back Marker

996SSVTR is on a distinguished road
I had the same problem, I work in an industrial area where people scrap metal and I have to ride through crap I cant see. Last time I picked up a 1/4" staple and ended up with a flat. I went to replace it from Cycle Gear and puchaced the protection plan for $25.00, they will replace your tire for free if it has 75% tread and pro-rated after that.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Squid

streetsurfer is on a distinguished road
I just got a flat last saturday, I was riding downtown about 20 miles from my house, a staple 1/4" wide and about and 1" long got me in the back, I heard a little 'pop' and thought the worst, then a few seconds later the front end seemed to be turning in with the tinniest lean, pulled over, flat.

I left my phone at home and had no change, I called roadside assistance (tollfree payphone) and was told they'd send a truck, I was in a parking lot on a one way, of course the towtruck driver drove right by without seeing me and didn't bother to go around twice!

back to the gas station where I used the phone, bought the fix a flat in a can that they do not recommend for bikes, put it in the tire, waited for the hole to 'seal' (45 min) rode home slowly, got home around 5am !

The next morning I went to fix it and there were now two different holes, one I didn't even see, I plugged them both, let them dry, then I took it for a test ride, one plug popped out and the fix a flat 'goo' went spraying all over the underside of the bike and my legs etc, made everything all sticky and shitty. Bla bla bla.

Sorry not to jack your thread, just to say, TIRES **** ME OFF TOO !!!!!!!

Last edited by streetsurfer; 08-03-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Trust me... Once you have used the "fix-it" goop on the tire, do not attempt to plug that tire... Throw it away and buy a new one... That chemicals doesn't mix well with the ones you use for plugging...