RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Lowballers are killing me......

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Lowballers are killing me......

While I know everyone is looking for or trying to get a deal, the lowball offers I have received for the stuff I am trying to sell are just getting to be way too much.

It's not like I am trying to make a ton of money here but come on. I have a set of triples for sale and I though I was offering a damn good deal. By a quick e-bay search you can buy a 954 lower, RC51 upper and a set of tapered bearings for 333.90 shipped right now and you would have to spend the hour or two it takes to modify the parts to make them work on a VTR. So offering up my set (which is ready to go with no extra work what so ever) for $165 shipped is a good deal IMHO. It is less than what I have in them but to get offers of $50 shipped or $100 shipped is rather ridiculous but that is what I have been getting......

Then I have a set of wheels that I am damn near giving away on my local CL and the guy has the ***** to ask if he gets a set of tires also....WTF a set of tires will cost more than what I was asking for the wheels with rotors and new bearings.....

I am at the point where it's not even worth the time to even bother.... just let the stuff sit and rot.......

Rant off,
Carry on.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Superstock

pigwings
Patience jarhead. they are good deals and someone will buy.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:54 PM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
I will give you $50 for the engine - as long as you build it into a stage I or II first!!

its hard to figure mike. just hasn't been seen by the right person yet. it will
Old 07-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Back Marker

CascadeRider is on a distinguished road
I know, it's hilarious. I appreciate somebody who can get pissed off and refuse to sell! LOL.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:53 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
In all honesty, I've never been able to sell a set of triples for that much. As a matter of fact, I bought a straight set for my RC51 conversion for $0.01.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by inderocker
In all honesty, I've never been able to sell a set of triples for that much. As a matter of fact, I bought a straight set for my RC51 conversion for $0.01.
While you found a great deal, the lowest price I've seen for a lower is $149 on e-bay for the last 6-7 months. Usually they go for $200 for just the lower.

So I guess I'll just use the damn thing for a paper weight.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Destructive Tester
Superstock

bjorn toulouse is on a distinguished road
Myself, when it comes time to get rid of stuff, I put it on Ebay as a 5 day/no reserve auction with a $.99 opener. I double the UPS calculated shipping cost to 90210 from my home ZIP Code as a flat rate for anywhere in the lower 48.

The **** goes away, I get a few bucks, and once in a great while a couple of knuckleheads will get a bid war going and end up giving me double what I was hopin' to get.

My issue with CL is havin' to talk to the idiots..........although I recently got $20 for the "down to the wearbars" Metzeler that was on the back of the CheeperHawk when I bought it! The dolt that bought it tried to get me to take $10.....I told him I'd drill holes in the sidewall for $10!

Rex
Old 07-11-2010, 08:07 AM
Back Marker

Bluesuperhawk83 is on a distinguished road
not to mention when you advertise on craigslist you get a wave of spam mail from scammers
Old 07-11-2010, 12:33 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I think ebay is evil but sometimes you gotta do it. Bigger audience. I got burned selling a helmet "as is" with 5 pics & having the guys dispute the condition! Ebay is a bully (like the IRS) & I had to refund the wacko. At least you can do a buy it now & just get what your bottom price is. I reposted it & sold it in 12 hours.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Squid

sschuyten is on a distinguished road
Won't post a bike on ebay but, smaller stuff.....

I have an ad on CL inland empire southern california currently. I have been running it on and off since May 22 2010 and have dealt with a number of ********. Some wanna just know the bottom price within the first 3 questions. My favorite has been a guy who txt messages me every other day with his great trade offer. I was polite the first 8 times I said no and even bothered to give him reasoning. So after the tenth time in 25 days I got a little more strongly worded and backed it with evidence from previous conversation. He then calls me every name in the book and gives me his address.
I have gotten some great deals on Ebay for things I have bought but, selling with that animal is an entirely different beast. Bought my wife a showroom condition 04 TTR-125ES that was cleaner then my hawk when I bought her new with 7 miles. I paid about half the price of a CL listing.
B.T.W. I have a 1998 SH for sale in the classifieds here.
$2,500 obo 15,000 miles
Attached Thumbnails Lowballers are killing me......-c1.jpg   Lowballers are killing me......-c3.jpg   Lowballers are killing me......-c7.jpg   Lowballers are killing me......-c5.jpg   Lowballers are killing me......-c6.jpg  

Old 07-11-2010, 06:22 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 8541Hawk

Then I have a set of wheels that I am damn near giving away what I was asking for the wheels with rotors and new bearings.....

Rant off,
Carry on.
which is how much $ for exactly what (rear with rear drive hub & dampers with rotor, front with rotors with X # miles, and new bearings all around?) in what shape?
Old 07-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Superstock

hondavtr1000sp2 is on a distinguished road
While you found a great deal, the lowest price I've seen for a lower is $149 on e-bay for the last 6-7 months. Usually they go for $200 for just the lower.

So I guess I'll just use the damn thing for a paper weight.
I got a SP1 lower triple with bearings & all locking nuts shipped to Australia for $89 u.s several months back. I was selling a cbr600rr swingarm that i payed $40 for on ebay for $50 & had no buyers, I was in no hurry to sell so i raised the price to $160, yes $160 from $50, then it sold for $160. You just never know what can happen. I find when you are desperate to sell, you get no offers but when you are in no rush the offers come flooding in.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:19 PM
jet wrench
Back Marker

loserbaby is on a distinguished road
While I know everyone is looking for or trying to get a deal, the lowball offers I have received for the stuff I am trying to sell are just getting to be way too much.

It's not like I am trying to make a ton of money here but come on. I have a set of triples for sale and I though I was offering a damn good deal. By a quick e-bay search you can buy a 954 lower, RC51 upper and a set of tapered bearings for 333.90 shipped right now and you would have to spend the hour or two it takes to modify the parts to make them work on a VTR. So offering up my set (which is ready to go with no extra work what so ever) for $165 shipped is a good deal IMHO. It is less than what I have in them but to get offers of $50 shipped or $100 shipped is rather ridiculous but that is what I have been getting......

Then I have a set of wheels that I am damn near giving away on my local CL and the guy has the ***** to ask if he gets a set of tires also....WTF a set of tires will cost more than what I was asking for the wheels with rotors and new bearings.....

I am at the point where it's not even worth the time to even bother.... just let the stuff sit and rot.......

Rant off,
Carry on.
Your prices are "high"... I spoke with you about your valve'd and sprung, stock forks. I wanted them separated from the rear... over the phone you raised the price.... not sold!

awhile back you promised to send me some pilot jets, when they didn't arrive, you blamed and made excuses... never arrived!

see what it's all worth to you sitting in your garage!

rant all you want... I got ur number-it's BULLSHIT!
Old 08-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by loserbaby
Your prices are "high"... I spoke with you about your valve'd and sprung, stock forks. I wanted them separated from the rear... over the phone you raised the price.... not sold!
Lets see.... I had a price for a package deal but you wanted things broken up but couldn't understand why the prices might change in that situation. Then you tried to offer a price that was possibly acceptable for a set of stock forks, not ones that have been re-valved and re-sprung, so you were told no deal. Guess what, it all sold for the price I was asking.....

awhile back you promised to send me some pilot jets, when they didn't arrive, you blamed and made excuses... never arrived!
I remember that, it was what 3 years ago...... Someone was looking for some pilots, I had an extra set which I sent out for free, I was later told they never arrived. So what was i supposed to do, refund your money. I will send you out a refund right now....

I also have your number my friend, and it Looser.....
Old 08-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Besides you are a classic example of a lowballer...... you don't have the $$ to buy something that is offered for sale yet you still reply and say you want to buy it and then turn around and say "Oh I only have XX dollars, is that ok?" Well if you can't afford the stuff why the hell do you reply in the first place?

And with your jacked up attitude I am glad now that the jets never showed up, I guess your too damn cheap to spend $10 to buy your own damn parts......
Old 08-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Who are you?
SuperSport

Just_Nick is on a distinguished road
If I ever get some USD forks, I will hit you up for the triple Mike.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Just_Nick
If I ever get some USD forks, I will hit you up for the triple Mike.
No worries my friend...... though having it around sure has come in handy servicing USD forks for people.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:50 AM
SuperSport

ranchomice is on a distinguished road

Rant off,
Carry on.
Mike, place them up for sale at $320 and maybe then you'll get offered half again and make what you were looking for in the first place!
Old 08-08-2010, 03:51 AM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Its a crazy place out there.

I'm not a fan of EGhey, but CL foh sure.

Quickie

My AC went out on my '00 Civic, w/ 283k on it. Posted on 2 CL's near me, w/ what was good & what was bad, I thought my email would blow up.

I sold my beloved Civic for $1900. what I asked.

Honda Baby.

Lastly, I will never sell my VTR - 1st Moto's rarely hold any kind of value, 2nd I got WAY too much invested to let some asshat low ball.

Ride it until it blows up>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by ranchomice
Mike, place them up for sale at $320 and maybe then you'll get offered half again and make what you were looking for in the first place!
I have thought of that but I am using them too much lately. Like I said they come in real handy for working on USD forks. Best holding clamp ever for taking the end caps off on so I can have folks just bring me their forks, not the whole bike if the want.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Squid

cwlucky13 is on a distinguished road
what wheels are you selling
Old 08-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by nnjhawk02
Lastly, I will never sell my VTR - 1st Moto's rarely hold any kind of value, 2nd I got WAY too much invested to let some asshat low ball.

Ride it until it blows up>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
Oh, I"m not selling the bike. Besides the fact that it's one of my Favorite bikes out of all the ones I have owned, I could never get the $$ back out of it. Hell the suspension alone is actually worth more than the rest of the bike at this point....... Besides I have a few more plans and things to do which should keep me busy with it for a little while still.

This was about just selling off extra parts.

Though this fine member "looserbaby" just highlights what I have been saying......

Things are just a bit different from my point of view.....
Yes I has a full suspension set up for sale. Now these were not just stock items, They were both re-sprung & re-valved by http://www.le-suspension.com/ a well known local guy who does a lot of AFM & AMA bikes. Just to have the forks done will set you back $600. Then to go through the shock is another $400 (I say it would be about the same as having some who really know what they are doing putting a full race-tech kit except he uses his own parts instead of theirs) and also toss in a forke brace to complete the set up.

So when it comes time to sell it what is a fair price? The stuff is all in good shape as I do keep up on my suspension maintenance. The rear shock had just been service (which I did every 2-3 years @$140) and I was very up front about the fact that, if i was going to run them, I would change the bushings and seals. I also did this every 2-3 years on top of changing the fluid every years. There were no leaks or any sign of bushing slop, it just IMHO time to change them.

I set a price of $450 for the whole set up, a pretty fair price IMHO but I guess some people think that is just way too much...... So I get a PM from my good buddy, looser. It say he want to buy the suspension. Not that he want only part of it or anything about the price.

So I call him and then he says he only wants to buy the forks. I told him I would think about separating the items and figure out the prices.

Now I have to figure out what to ask. As now I have to go through the whole selling process and have to ship 2 separate items I came up with $300 for the forks and the brace. Then list the shock for $175 (and remember i just up $140 into it) Once again, I though this was more than fair and technically I did raise my prices but not on the part Mr. Wonderful was looking at, but then I'm just BullShit.

So I call him and tell him this and he gets quite upset. Then asks how much without the fork brace. So now that I have to try and sell another bit separate, I told him $250 for the forks. You can't even touch the parts to try and valve them yourself at that price.

Then I get, well I only have $200, will you sell them for that. I told him no, as IMHO they were worth a bit more than than. So once again, not sold, is correct. It's just that it was me who refused to be low balled that hard for them. So I guess because I didn't want to bend over for him, I'm just BullShit.

I had forgotten all about the pilot jet thing. Yeah I remember the whole thing. You needed some pilot jets and I just happened to have a spare set. So I offered to send them to you. I didn't ask for any $ and just taped them to a piece of cardboard and threw it in the mail.

A week or so later you got in contact with me and said you didn't get them. My attitude now , they same as then, is that you know that sucks they didn't get there but what do you want me to do about it?

I guess that's blaming and making excuses...... Then again, because I didn't run out and buy another set of jets and mail them to you, I'm either just making it all up or once again just BullShit.

So while, looser, you might think I'm a price changing, excuses making just plain BULLSHIT. I see you as an ungrateful, cheap ***, lowballer who trying to talk a bunch of **** because he didn't get his free stuff and I said no to an offer I felt was way too low.

About all I can say now is , just remember it's Mr. BULLSHIT to you my friend.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Superstock

dshakes is on a distinguished road
someone just buy the damn parts already!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 05:00 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I've kinda given up on the whole parts scene. Lowballers and tire-kickers are of no interest to me. Neither are these stupid ******* that can't go to the fiche and pull a parts/price list.

Hang up the phone and buy a real computer. Then we can talk about building a real motorcycle.

Used parts in excellent condition are worth half of the new part.

Parts that are misrepresented by their owners or shippers who expect to make money on shipping are an equal nuisance. I'll never forget the pitiful bitches in Canada that shipped my GSXR 6-pots. Five weeks in transit, when it arrived the box looked like it had been in a Rugby match, fee for shipping, customs, various other bullshit: $55

Tag from the PO on the box - $18.

It's cheaper and more fun to leave the **** in the garage and watch the squids flop around like landed fish.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by dshakes
someone just buy the damn parts already!!!
Hell all that stuff sold within 48 hours of me posting it, so to some the price was rather fair......
Old 08-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Seņor Miembro, Ay Caramba
SuperSport

Scooberhawk is on a distinguished road
Do I play devil's advocate? Nah... not a good time. But let me not leave without disbursing some small bit of wisdom: There's more than two sides to every coin.