RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

The climate facts that everyone ignores.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 03:23 PM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MLB
Useless f---ing conservatives sticking their heads in the sand.
That's telling him!
Old 12-09-2008, 05:12 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MLB
Useless f---ing conservatives sticking their heads in the sand.
You and Obama can blow me.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:18 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Truckinduc
ok ok, the inventor of the internet can go first...

Last edited by j shizzy wizzy; 12-09-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:38 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
2 words:

Originally Posted by PJay
I'm doing my best to convert the VTR to run on sheep methane off the farm.

It's difficult enough to get them to cooperate in unnatural acts, far less strap one on to the bike in place of the gas tank.
Animal Husbandry
Old 12-10-2008, 04:36 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Cleveland is on a distinguished road
Wy does the animal get to be the "husband"?
Old 12-10-2008, 05:18 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
Why doesn't anyone ever mention to the "we're all going to die if we don't start driving electric cars" .
Any body figured out what we're gonna with all those left-over dead batteries?

Last edited by L8RGYZ; 12-10-2008 at 05:36 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:35 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Randman
Ain't it about time for an oil and tire thread???
Gotcha covered on the oil...

OK, so oil/gas prices were high so all the enviros & politicians could talk about was how little oil there is and our so-called "addiction" to oil. Now gas prices are super low. Damn, where's this oil shortage? Oh, so the real issue is with price is the oil producers controlling the supply, and thus the price?

And the same characters are using the failure of the auto industry to hawk electric cars. They're acting like the reason the auto companies are in trouble is because they are not making the kinds of vehicles the environmentalists approve of.

By the way, who really wants a car that can only go 150 - 200 miles before it needs to spend 5 - 8 hours on a charger? Yeah, GM builds that & we'll gobble 'em up! Not happenin'. Now I'd be interested when they come up with insta-charge.

Last edited by L8RGYZ; 12-10-2008 at 05:37 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:23 AM
SuperBike

trinc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by L8RGYZ
Gotcha covered on the oil...

OK, so oil/gas prices were high so all the enviros & politicians could talk about was how little oil there is and our so-called "addiction" to oil. Now gas prices are super low. Damn, where's this oil shortage? Oh, so the real issue is with price is the oil producers controlling the supply, and thus the price?

And the same characters are using the failure of the auto industry to hawk electric cars. They're acting like the reason the auto companies are in trouble is because they are not making the kinds of vehicles the environmentalists approve of.

By the way, who really wants a car that can only go 150 - 200 miles before it needs to spend 5 - 8 hours on a charger? Yeah, GM builds that & we'll gobble 'em up! Not happenin'. Now I'd be interested when they come up with insta-charge.
i won't argue about E cars/ flex fuel & CAFE standards but if you want to end the control of the oil market... prove you have another alternative.

tim
Old 12-10-2008, 07:12 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by PJay
I'm doing my best to convert the VTR to run on sheep methane off the farm.

It's difficult enough to get them to cooperate in unnatural acts, far less strap one on to the bike in place of the gas tank.
Is it really all about the sheep in NZ???
Old 12-10-2008, 07:27 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by trinc
i won't argue about E cars/ flex fuel & CAFE standards but if you want to end the control of the oil market... prove you have another alternative.
tim
Well, I would say prove, and I mean really PROVE, that the alternative being proposed is really better than what we have now. Using corn for fuel has proven to be an expensive alternative with a negative impact on agriculture, but a short term boon for the corn producer states lobbying on it's behalf.

There's the law of unintended consequences to be reckoned with in every scenario. And we should go in with our eyes wide open on any proposal.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:07 AM
SuperBike

trinc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by L8RGYZ
Well, I would say prove, and I mean really PROVE, that the alternative being proposed is really better than what we have now. Using corn for fuel has proven to be an expensive alternative with a negative impact on agriculture, but a short term boon for the corn producer states lobbying on it's behalf.

There's the law of unintended consequences to be reckoned with in every scenario. And we should go in with our eyes wide open on any proposal.
we often think of the 'zero sum game' but this situation is a lot bigger than the price of a gallon of gas. we have to stop thinking of what we can do that is cheaper than gasoline and think of what we can use that isn't a product of crude oil.

i'm far from a greenie so thats not my focus... my focus is reducing the influence that oil has in the world & what the cash being made from oil is used for.

every alternative will have it's + & -'s but you need to weigh those against the power of OPEC.

for e cars we'll need more power on the grid, oregon state univ has a tried & proven nuke reactor and a program to reclaim spent fuel rods. i don't see anybody building any though. hell we're pulling out productive dams to help salmon runs.

flex fuel seems promising - if you can burn gas or bio. there is a lot of research in bio oil with switchgrass, scotts broom, algae etc.

cliff notes: every option vs. gasoline will be more expensive but defunding the mid east will be a long term benefit that outweighs the extra $1 per gallon of fuel.

tim
Old 12-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm all for having diversified energy for consumer consumption. We can have bio, flex, diesel, gas, hydro, electric, natural gas and what ever type of combustible you can imagine. We are all not going to be able to use the same standard for every application.
We need to have more types of sources for energy available and let consumers dictate what sells. If we had more domestic petroleum production we probably wouldn't to depend on foreign supply. We would not change the amount we use, just the amount we import. But the big picture is we to diversify the types of energy we use. There is room for more than one type.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:08 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...0-274616db87e6

some guys think Gore is a bore
Old 12-10-2008, 12:30 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

Al Gore is as useless as make-up on Rosie O'Donnell.