RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

cars and some people...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:59 AM
guru of things sparky
SuperSport

Circuit_Burner is on a distinguished road
cars and some people...

A short and concentrated rant.

We all ride, and we all even ride the same bikes. So our shared riding experiences while piloting a SuperHawk around the city are going to be fairly congruent.

It never ceases to amaze me when someone in a car tries to jockey or race with me in traffic. Especially at a stoplight. I understand that non riders will never know the capabilities of bikes, even the cars they drive.
(todays example)
when some jerk in a Hyundai with a big hollow fart-can muffler and exhaust leak starts revving up his motor and looking over at me, I cant help but laugh. His Bass speakers thumping in the back seat had broken all the spot welds in that flimsy little body and the whole car was just this rattling sound. I usually dont race those guys, lol. But today when he peeled out from the light I had to wheelie past him.

When blazing down I-75 in Dallas theres always some Lexus or Mercedes that really thinks they have a shot at deciding where in traffic I will be, and will competitively spar with me for position.
Am I a bad person for sometimes displaying how much slower their car is?
I cant help it, it comes from teenage motocross years, but I dont allow anything to pass me, ever. If I ever get killed on the road it will probably be some punk *** kid or illegal alien in a cheap rice box with a fart-can muffler and a sticker from a mcdonalds happy meal on the paint.
Oh yea, it will have some of those hubcaps that stay spinning after the car stops.

Last edited by Circuit_Burner; 05-06-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Back Marker

bundleofgrundle is on a distinguished road
you're in good company here then my friend. It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people are on the roads. I don't race people at stoplights, but when some dipshit with stick on hood scoops and a fart pipe pull up next to me and start revving like they wanna race... i put them in their place. These idiots need to be reminded that their noisy honda civics are simply appliances. I deeply enjoy the process.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Super Byrd
Superstock

Byrdman is on a distinguished road
+1 to both of ya'll
Old 05-06-2009, 03:45 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
A couple friends and I diced it up with an Evo last weekend. It was the last of the curvey roads before my house. I smelled Cam2 and saw a red car in the distance. Typically I take it easy on these roads because I almost always see a county mounty out there. So we slowly caught up to the car and he punched it. His car had almost everything the ole 'Hawk had in acceleration but he was slowing me way down for the turns. My friend on the '07 R1 probably didn't even know we were racing hehe. We got stuck behind a slow car on a road easily capable of triple digits. I was done cause I knew there would be a cop. He passed the car, sure enough a cop popped around the corner coming at us. He probably wasn't speeding and we saw no brake lights, but as soon as the cop cleared his view he took off again. Saw him in the distance a couple minutes later with a white car behind him. Saw him again pulled over in a driveway as we happily cruised by still behind the slow driver. Sucker!

Know what's better than smoking some kid in a rice burner? Smoking a moron on a stretched whatever on a slightly curvey back road. What? Too scared to hit the boost button??
Old 05-06-2009, 04:23 PM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
not many cars can beat the 3 second 0-60 numbers of the hawk, fart exhaust cans do make honda civics 10 times faster, thats why I added a dynojet sticker to my bike, the sticker makes my bike ten times faster too. Now bow foo's.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:44 PM
guru of things sparky
SuperSport

Circuit_Burner is on a distinguished road
I wonder what the kiddoes would think if I put a shiny fat fart-can muffler on the back of my vintage 1972 olds 98 ?
That 455 would sound sweet. lol

not
Old 05-06-2009, 05:23 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I think you should put on a pair. Dump them out behind the doors with 2" turnouts. Doug Thorley headers, Thrush mufflers and a 2" 90 was great.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:07 PM
SuperBike

k-d-williams is on a distinguished road
It's kinda ironic that i just saw this thread as just about 30 minutes ago i was on my way back to work after eating dinner. I pull up to a red light and this yellowish/green ricer car pulls up next to me gunning the gas. He had his fart cans blasting, the light turned green and off he went. The next light he was there waiting for me. The car had 3 hispanic males in it and they were all smiles. He now pushes the pedal to the floor so i could hear his engine running against the rev limiter. I said to myself "what the hell".
The light turns green and off we go, only got thru 3rd gear and 10K rpm's before i had to slow for the next light. When he caught up with me, he stopped his car just shy of my rear in the next lane and would not pull up beside me. When i turned around and looked at them, they were no longer smiling but I was! LOSERS!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Superstock

dshakes is on a distinguished road
Some drunk douche pulled up next to me in a beat up v6 camaro and proceeded to tell me (slurredly) "bikes aint ****". Starts revving his motor and pretty much making himself look stupid. So I let the Hawk breathe a bit-with no baffles- and saw a few heads turn. Light turns green and I hole shot it like a drag bike-for about 10 feet-and watch him swerve down the road as i trolly along at 45mph. Watched him get the boys in blues interest also. I thought it was pretty funny. Coulda slaughtered the guy but not today.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:37 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Its only bad if you can't control yourself. I do the same often out of frustration, but honestly, I'd rather just stay away from those types of drivers because I don't trust their car control or judgement. Sometimes that means picking a different lane or in the city, just letting them go ahead and pass them later at a stoplight.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:42 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Anyone ever install flame throwers on a superchicken?

I like mine deep fried:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cLSemGGpTg
Old 05-07-2009, 12:39 AM
Back Marker

Malice is on a distinguished road
I guess I'm lucky as I don't get that very often on the Hawk. I do get the wheelie motion all the freaking time though. I do, however, get the ricers ALWAYS reving on me and wanting to race me in the Mustang. Maybe cuz it's loud and has rumpity rump from the stage 2 cams you don't usually hear on newer cars or maybe it's cuz the plate alludes to it's 10 second capabilities (I won't give the actual plate number but you get the idea). Maybe now that I've given it to the wife and she's ordered different plates it won't happen as much. I think it's just part of the ricer mentality to want to get squashed at every possible opportunity though
________
Yamaha Qy10

Last edited by Malice; 05-01-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:19 AM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
I like to leave the stop light with matching speed. This usually leaves them confused as to how much power you really have. Then somewhere in the mix I like to grab just a tad more throttle and pull them just a few feet. At the stop light, they don't offer any eye contact or another challenge. Nice to know we have more power and speed than we need without actually having to use it all the time to prove it.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Back Marker

Malice is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by motojoe
I like to leave the stop light with matching speed. This usually leaves them confused as to how much power you really have. Then somewhere in the mix I like to grab just a tad more throttle and pull them just a few feet. At the stop light, they don't offer any eye contact or another challenge. Nice to know we have more power and speed than we need without actually having to use it all the time to prove it.
I've done that a couple times myself. No need to get into a full on race when all you have to do is pull real hard for a second or two to get a jump then let out of the throttle. It might even be more humiliating letting them know that you can whoop them but don't need to waste more than a second of your time
________
Lovely Wendie99

Last edited by Malice; 05-01-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:54 PM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
Ja'ever let 'em race ya to where ya KNOW the speed trap is, then slam the binders on?

Ja'ever pass a Hardley Ableson on the OUTSIDE of a corner, with one hand on yer hip, while looking back over yer shoulder?

Ja'ever give a 600cc R6 or GSXR absolute fits on stoplight blasts? (Gotta respect them GSX 1300 R's tho').

Ever smile and say, "Yup, she's mostly stock".

I wonder, though, at the dork in the Japanese cage with the phart can and three buddies who thinks his cage has enough torque to do serious street stuff with that extra 550#'s of baggage in the passenger compartment. If it were still 1969 and the car in question was my Dart 340 4sp, yeah, maybe. But a 4 cyl japanese stocker with a phart can? Don't they teach physics in school anymore?

And I don't care how much exhaust work is done to a stock Civic in the exhaust, the performance parameter doesn't change enough to make it worth the effort.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
I had one doofus challenge me at three consecutive lights today... At the third light I let the hawk clear the throat, dropped into take of stance and sat back and watched him launch away... Then I shugged my shoulders at the officer sitting in the marked car behind him, who shook his head, smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up when I rolled out calmly... And then proceeded to light the bar and shoot after the civic...

Some people are to dumb to be behind the wheel... That one is probably too dumb to be walking too...
Old 05-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=Tweety;215580]I had one doofus challenge me at three consecutive lights today... At the third light I let the hawk clear the throat, dropped into take of stance and sat back and watched him launch away... Then I shugged my shoulders at the officer sitting in the marked car behind him, who shook his head, smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up when I rolled out calmly... And then proceeded to light the bar and shoot after the civic...

Some people are to dumb to be behind the wheel... That one is probably too dumb to be walking too...[/QUOTE

Priceless.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:39 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
I don't get challenged as much as I did 20 or 25 years ago. Bikes are much quicker and I think a lot of car guys know it.

Last time was a middle aged guy with a crew cut, Clark Kent sunglasses and a supercharged Mustang.

I let him have the holeshot because I want to keep my original clutch as long as I can, 'cause I'm not much of a drag racer, 'cause I don't much care for wheelies.

I caught and passed him at the top of 1st gear with the front wheel maybe 6 inches off the road, about as much wheelie as I'm ever comfortable with.

I ran it up to the top of third and pulled over to wait for my riding buddy on his GL 1800.

Mustang guy went by laughing and giving me a thumbs up. I think he knew he'd get beat, he just wanted to run it for the fun of it.

Totally different than the guys whose egos are wrapped around how quick their cars are.

I'm the same way. I know there are a few cars out there quicker than me and my bike.

If I ever run into one, I'll laugh and give him the thumbs up too.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Squid

Barch is on a distinguished road
At age 40 -riding for 22 years, I can also say this: a 20-year old d-bag is no different than a 45-year old d-bag. They all somehow disregard simple logic and believe that their two-ton car can somehow race a liter bike. They are too stupid to realize it has nothing to do with lack-of c@ck size or how much they spent on their ride, but it's just simple science. Sorry, but my 996 will take their 3-series everytime.
What is different (after 20 years) is that I know better than to smoke them past a reasonable speed/safe limit. I get far more satisfaction leaving someone challenging me at a light and then waving to them as they pass me a 1/4 mile later having to risk jail time to catch up. Trust me, they know they've lost at that point, and that pisses them off even more.
I wish someone had told me all this years ago, so hear it goes... the beauty of a bike like a 'Hawk is that you can smoke all the a-holes in cages you want without compromising your safety or comfort zone.
Don't ever let anyone in a car force you to exceed your own personal limits. Smoke 'em fast and play it cool, Believe me, you inflict far more ego damage that way.
Have fun and ride safe,
Brian
Old 05-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Back Marker

Red_Liner740 is on a distinguished road
I know that the bikes faster, and to be honest with you, most ricers do too...they just wanna see you punch it...

i tend to roll out with them, short shift into 2nd, get 2nd to about 4 grand and just twist the throttle for a second and end up a 100ft infront of them....

time machine? yes....cuz u're almost in two places at the same time...lol
Old 05-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Back Marker

Derbig Mooser is on a distinguished road
I have never seen a bike win a confrontation with a car. One tap from that cruddy little Subaru and it's over.
I figure anyone who is stupid enough to dare the "contest of speed", "reckless driver" and "exhibition of power" tickets is dumb enough to drive into me.
And ever since the $4 a gallon gas, the roads have been much, much less crowded here in Warshington. That's good. But there is just as many local Police, State Highway Patrol, County Sheriffs, Federal Military Police, and even Tribal Police watching, and they need to give out tickets! Enforcement here is very heavy.