General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Some people just shouldnt ride!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Speedbump
Squid

Norcalblake is on a distinguished road
Some people just shouldnt ride!

Well I wont say which one but I work at Cyclegear and always park my 05 titanium grey SH out front. I love it I always get people to stop and look on it because Its in great condition. But then tuesday this guy comes in wobbling all over, pulls up right next to my bike and doesnt get his kickstand down all the way and stands up.... see where im going with this. God its just stomach wrenching to see your bike laying on its side. So preliminary with the tank being fixed not replaced is right about 2 grand for parts. Worse part, is after we exhanged info I had to still sell him stuff...I should win a merit badge for keeping my cool during that!
Old 03-12-2010, 10:36 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Grr!. Hope is insurance covers it all!

T-Rex sliders have saved my bike from similar situations 3 times already.. Paid for themselves so many times over.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Speedbump
Squid

Ya it should, but he originally tried to keep it off insurance. Ya honestly was waiting untill my next paycheck to order them... thats all i can keep thinking about is damn i just shoulda done it awhile ago
Old 03-12-2010, 10:46 AM
MotoGP

Sliders aren't perfect, when I got sideswiped at 40mph I ended up replacing the left side fairing (though it could be repaired if I really wanted to) because I slid along the curb, and if the fall is just right I will still lose a blinker ($14 from chaparral for replacement pair). But all in all they are amazing in my experience.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
I have a policy... If they keep stuff of their policy they pay me in cash... And I add a good amount to the actual amount... It's that simple... If they have a problem with this, they can go the official route instead...
Old 03-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Speedbump
Squid

Damn that was all that was wrong after going down at 40, thats pretty good. Ya im gonna go with the no cut sliders when i get the money. Ya thats a good point, i was mainly concerned about the left side but he put a small crack on the right fairing too... i feel bad about wanting to charge him 350 for that crack but then im thinking i didnt screw it up, my bike was perfect till he showed up why should i suffer
Old 03-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Norcalblake
Damn that was all that was wrong after going down at 40, thats pretty good. Ya im gonna go with the no cut sliders when i get the money. Ya thats a good point, i was mainly concerned about the left side but he put a small crack on the right fairing too... i feel bad about wanting to charge him 350 for that crack but then im thinking i didnt screw it up, my bike was perfect till he showed up why should i suffer
Point is you shouldn't... Either he ponies up for the repair to have the bike as good as before or his insurance does... It's no difference to you which... If it is to him, well... That's his problem...
Old 03-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Squid

Aramis is on a distinguished road
Worse part, is after we exhanged info I had to still sell him stuff...I should win a merit badge for keeping my cool during that!
Merit Badge, hell I'll nominate you for the Nobel Peace prize for keeping your cool after that!
Old 03-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Well I wont say which one but I work at Cyclegear
I bet I can guess which one.........lol
Old 03-12-2010, 11:29 AM
MotoGP

here is the pic:

Old 03-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Speedbump
Squid

Ya i know, which is why i just went ahead and reported it cuz i just want it fixed. Lol i know i went in the back room and punched the door first cuz i was on the clock and couldnt be a dick and loose my job lol.. but was impressed i didnt chew him out, its my baby lol. Hey 8541hawk there are a bunch in the area, i could be at any lol. I just know not everyone is fond of cyclegear on the forums so i wasnt gonna say which one lol
Old 03-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Speedbump
Squid

Ouch lazn, sorry bout that! Mine wasnt moving so didnt end up that bad atleast, but the guy that sideswipped it paid for it?
Old 03-12-2010, 11:39 AM
MotoGP

Ouch lazn, sorry bout that! Mine wasnt moving so didnt end up that bad atleast, but the guy that sideswipped it paid for it?
It all worked out in the end. I did have to hire a lawyer, the medical bills made the bike damage a minor 2ndary thing.

actually total repair costs with all new parts + labor from the shop would have been (if I am remembering right) in the $2500 range, but I ended up fixing it myself and taking a check from the lawyer. (and that included a new exhaust and new fork leg, both of which I decided to just live with the scratches)

Last edited by lazn; 03-12-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Speedbump
Squid

How bad did u end up
Old 03-12-2010, 11:49 AM
MotoGP

How bad did u end up
only lasting damage is a knee that aches and swells when I use it too much, otherwise I was wearing all my gear except armored pants, and that saved me from what could have been very ugly. (was almost a year ago now, there is a thread about it from back then somewhere)
Old 03-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Speedbump
Squid

I might have even read it at somepoint too, just bad at remembering names.. well good its only a knee, but too bad cuz knees are the worst injuries ever.... had to postpone the police academy because of a knee injury that just wouldnt heal
Old 03-13-2010, 07:53 AM
Superstock

doomcookie is on a distinguished road
Well I wont say which one but I work at Cyclegear and always park my 05 titanium grey SH out front. I love it I always get people to stop and look on it because Its in great condition. But then tuesday this guy comes in wobbling all over, pulls up right next to my bike and doesnt get his kickstand down all the way and stands up.... see where im going with this. God its just stomach wrenching to see your bike laying on its side. So preliminary with the tank being fixed not replaced is right about 2 grand for parts. Worse part, is after we exhanged info I had to still sell him stuff...I should win a merit badge for keeping my cool during that!
I don't know how you kept you cool man. Other people would have got a *** whooping contest started already.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:25 AM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
haven't we all at one point or another dropped our bikes?

Working at cyclegear you probably get a front row seat to alot of drops.

The good news is he had insurance. The only reason I would loose my cool about it is if the guy was a dick, accidents happen it sucks but he was willing to take responisbility.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:39 AM
Back Marker

toy4xchris is on a distinguished road
Man I don't know how you managed to stay calm I had my 1st SH knocked over by a box truck in front of the dealership I worked at and I went crazy but then again so did all my coworkers. If it wouldn't have been for a service manager yelling at the guy I probably would have hit him. but just knocking my bike over like that managed to get 2,500 from the insurance company without any damage to the tank. Sorry to hear that happened to you.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Speedbump
Squid

ya i think i was more in shock cuz i just couldnt believe it just happened, well he is willing to pay but kinda trying to low ball me... not worried tho cuz i already filed the claim just incase... Ya we see it a bit, my manager has had an r6 and r1 each RUN OVER twice... i def feel bad for him.. thanks guys this.. least you all know what im going thru haha
Old 03-14-2010, 07:44 AM
Back Marker

JDRiderCoach is on a distinguished road
Been there, done that. Forgot to drop the side stand parking my old ZR7 years ago at work. It first hit a Ducati Monster which fell and hit an RC51 which thankfully held up and prevented a vintage beemer with sidecar from being the last domino in the line. Amazingly the Duc only had a tiny nick in the tank's clearcoat. The RC51, however, had a Ducati bar end lodged in it's fairing. Being the responsible adult that I am, I ponied up to repair it to NEW condition. That was one long walk into the building that morning for sure. The guy on the duc wanted nothing but an apology. I bought about $700 worth of new OEM plastic for the RC. I've dropped just about every bike I've owned at some point(inlcuding my poor Busa, see my Mojave Mile post). It's never for the same reason, IE lesson learned and not repeated. This last one was stupidly trying to stack 2 ramps on top of each other and then push a 600 pound hypersport up. I'm perfectly fine when the wheels are moving, it's that low to no speed stuff that's tricky. But your wobbly customer sounds like he could use some training or maybe just sell the bike and get a Miata. Hope he's not a flake and your bird get's back to mint condish.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Speedbump
Squid

Aw man thats a rough day, glad they were cool about it. Ya I was just venting bout that, I know everyone goes down. Ya hes a doctor who has some exotic car but doesnt seem like much of a biker, seems like lack of skills and his bike is not in great condition... Ya I find out tommorrow if he can pay me in cash or if im going thru insurance... Atleast I finally get my two bro exhaust out of it.. cost of a new left pipe isnt too much less for what i can get for two bros