RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Bad Influence

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Back Marker

toy4xchris is on a distinguished road
Bad Influence

So its not really a bad thing but its official you all are a bad influence on me and my poor bank account. I can't come on this site with out wanting to do more to my bike.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:05 PM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
I find the worst times are when I'm not riding. the more I ride the less I care about the need to modify. but we have long winters here, so it passes the time - never lose sight of the primary reason for having a bike.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Back Marker

Red_Liner740 is on a distinguished road
sheesh, u're telling me

i'm already planning on replacing the clutch and clutch spring, thinking of a new headlight setup, LED tail lights upgrade, whole bunch of other things....and yet when i was riding it this season i didnt do a damn thing do it other than change the oil...
Old 11-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Back Marker

Yea I am slightly slowed on my riding do to my foot and pain so I find myself online a lot looking for new ideas and parts. Today is one of those days come spring and summer though and you might not ever hear from me....
Old 11-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Superstock

Mike996 is on a distinguished road
I know the feeling man...

When i first got my bike i was happy with it and didnt want to change anything. The more time i spend on this site, the more money its costing me. But... ya cant take money with ya when you croak, so ya might as well spend it and have fun while youre still above the ground.

Speaking of that, I literally just bought a set of those super bright l.e.d.'s for my 3rd eye on my bike.

Last edited by Mike996; 11-17-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:19 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cliby
I find the worst times are when I'm not riding. the more I ride the less I care about the need to modify. but we have long winters here, so it passes the time - never lose sight of the primary reason for having a bike.
Thanks alot, NOW you tell me...
Old 11-17-2009, 06:19 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by captainchaos

haha - as if it would make any difference to you, of all people! you have one of the worst cases of the modding bug. And your good at it, so you recruit others envious of the work.
You tempt them with just alittle "gateway" mod like some suspension tweaks and next thing you know they are hooked changing swingarms. you're a pusher and one of the original bad influences on this site in my recollection.

and thanks for that influence, by the way!
Old 11-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Squid

raptorrider is on a distinguished road
SPENT MORE TIME MODDING IT, THEN RIDING IT!

Saw an Ad on Craigslist for a Ducati 1000 sport with a seriously long list of mods totaling $7000. The bike had 3000 miles on it and the owner stated. Spent more time modding it then riding it. That line i mention frequently to bike riders with the fever.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:03 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
haha - as if it would make any difference to you, of all people! you have one of the worst cases of the modding bug. And your good at it, so you recruit others envious of the work.
You tempt them with just alittle "gateway" mod like some suspension tweaks and next thing you know they are hooked changing swingarms. you're a pusher and one of the original bad influences on this site in my recollection.

HAHAHA this sounds very much like some form of addiction...I guess I did get a little carried away as my '98 looks pretty much like I rode through the superhawk and rc51 aftermarket with a magnet on it. I'm actually getting around to hopefully finishing it up, for now. And I usually "need" other two wheelers of some sort in the garage for when I need my fix for a ride. Plus my angel has her dad's harley in the garage which (gasp ) I love to ride as well.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Superstock

Mike996 is on a distinguished road
I definately ride mine more than i mod it, so i might be behind the curve, but i love my hawk and the feeling i get when i crawl on it it and snap the throttle.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos

Where'dya think I got some of my ideas from huh? I blame the captain and hawxter equally for the rear and icebud and a few others for the front... I'm not to eager to detox yet though...

Albeit I might have gotten a few new ideas for this winter season... I test rode a Tesla the other day and then a electric converted Geo for $4800... And I do have an old forklift motor lying around and I can always find a old beater in the small and light category... Hm... What happens if you overvolt a forklift motor to 144V?! You make tracks on take off... That's what...
Old 11-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Back Marker

My problem right now is the chain is shot so while waiting for the new chain and sprockets I bought a bunch of other stuff lol that and well I just don't know how to leave things alone always been a better mech than rider.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:17 PM
SuperBike

its fun to do for sure. I blame greg for sure - with his first site with the PAIR and bafflectomy threads as a start. and a guy, I think it was don herve or something close to that, on the old RLZ site who fab'd some mirror extenders. wonder what ever happened to him. all started off innocently enough, a few tweaks here and there, then the bike grows on you, then you get some slipons, then some cams........................
Old 11-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Back Marker

yea most of my small tweaks were on my 1st superhawk back in 2002 the slip ons and a few things here and there and with this one I kinda dove in head 1st lol