Racing Topics related to MotoGP, AMA, WSB, TT, Etc.

TRACK FUNNNNNN

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 12:42 AM
Squid
Squid

dpg23 is on a distinguished road
TRACK FUNNNNNN

Hey, Brothers... somehow I stumbled onto these Y-Tubes and wanted to share. We need road courses here in the US with this type stuff! Sure it might be old school European style, and to me that is the "shazzile my dizzle!"
I started out on a Toco 44 @8 yrs. old in the dirt(my last off/road giddy-up was a 490 MAICO @ 53), and that's where I expect I will end up! (Ashes to Ashes in dirt, and won't we all?)(Dirt Bikes, Road bikes then Expiration ?)...Point being, I don't mind gettin' air or a little bit loose. So on the road in between, let's have a little fun!
I sure wish SEARS POINT had a jump like this. Please, don't get me wrong Sears is touted as one of the most unique and challenging courses in North America, which I have the "privilege" to live just 45mi. close. It's the only track I have had, again (the privilege) to ride on so far, and for those who have not... it is truly BADD-****!!!!!!!!!!!!
The VTR seems ...to me, so suited for this track. It's up and down hill elevation changes and awesome turns... gives me wooood. The place is Sooooo much damn fuuunnnnnn! If it had a jump...it would even more ominous?

If I'm not mistaken... I believe this is Jonathan Rae#4. British SuperBike Series. Too cool for school !!!!

Cadwell Park Jump - YouTube

Josh Brookes @ Cadwell Park - YouTube

Cadwell Park, The Mountain - YouTube

PS: I am not a snoop dog fan by any stretch of any imagination!!!!!!!!!!!

HOPE YOU ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 04:18 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Seen this before but still CRAZY good.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:25 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
or you can put your *** on the line like these fearless gladiators. Supposedly promoters are trying to get up a series of 6 or so IOM types races........"would be wild racing" is an understatement.

Isle Of Man TT - YouTube
Old 03-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Squid
Squid

Originally Posted by nath981
or you can put your *** on the line like these fearless gladiators. Supposedly promoters are trying to get up a series of 6 or so IOM types races........"would be wild racing" is an understatement.

Isle Of Man TT - YouTube

Nath,
Truly, I have always thought that some of those IOM TT boys are "Not of this Earth" Just: flat insane, nutz, all ***** and seriously fast riders.
To be honest though, I sometimes wonder is it the fast guys or the spectators, which possess the greater intestinal fortitude?
Regardless, It would be great to see some of that type racing here in the states...might even help bring more attention to, and help promote media
coverage of our sport? Ya never know? I remember watching NASCAR on WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS in the later 60's. Now look, they have their own network.
Known as the SPEED CHANNEL!
Old 03-11-2012, 07:36 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dpg23
Nath,
Truly, I have always thought that some of those IOM TT boys are "Not of this Earth" Just: flat insane, nutz, all ***** and seriously fast riders.
To be honest though, I sometimes wonder is it the fast guys or the spectators, which possess the greater intestinal fortitude?
Regardless, It would be great to see some of that type racing here in the states...might even help bring more attention to, and help promote media
coverage of our sport? Ya never know? I remember watching NASCAR on WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS in the later 60's. Now look, they have their own network.
Known as the SPEED CHANNEL!
yeah, those spectators are idiots too.....and plenty of coverage for NASCAR and NFL, and oh...a golf channel.WTF. but bikes are nowhere. Maybe cause many real bikers are more doers than watchers, but pisses me off since i want to see much more and better motorcycle coverage in the US, more like EURO coverage and i would be a happy camper.

In the 60-70s racing, riding, and riders.......... a whole diff ballgame. Steeply banked wooden tracks and leather helmets were immediate precursors to my riding time and this mentality prevailed. One bike did it all, hillclimbs, dirt drags, woods and street duty. Always carried a few tools and baling wire so we could get home cause **** was always coming loose on those nortons, trumpets and beezers. We were always racing, drafting and passin at flat out speeds for miles and miles, draggin hard parts and partying, never wore helmets, gear or even glasses(read: lots of sandblasted eyeballs), seat surfin down long mountains, falling-off every summer (I didn't feel like i was riding unless i did-dumbass! haha). 10 to 15 and sometimes more of us would ride from bar to bar, starting out Sat morns, riding/drinkin/etc all day and night till closing time 2AM. Missed turns, wheelies gone bad, tip-overs at stops, dozing off at 3am/75-80mph trying to make it home. Many stories. Had a piece of leather attached to seat behind me to flip back over my license and tail light when the chases began--stealth rider escapes or dies trying. How did we make it? Different times and luck i guess because no skill, brains or responsible riding among us. Most guys who fell off usually quit or settled down quick, but a few of us just got back on and kept gettin it.

The weird thing is that the friends who did get killed on bikes, some of whom were wild asses and good riders, but lost their lives when not doing crazy ****. Three of them died when cagers turned in front of them while they were within the speed limits, just crusin. That's one reason i don't even like the word crusin and don't believe in it to this day.

Anyway, those IOMers are somewhat normal to me and a lot of others from that era because of the aforementioned experiences, however, these guys are totally anachronistic by today's standards, more true in the US than Europe.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Squid
Squid

Well Nath, I believe we must be some kind of kindred spirit! What you describe, is truly awesome! I can also say some of my first, 'best memories were when the carnival came to town and I got to see the board-trackers riding THE WALL! Too cool!! The next best thing was the Tilt-A-Whirl. Also I can not say, that I, along with some of my buddies, we are not guilty of most of the antic's you talk of! GREAT STUFF!!! I think we would get along well! D.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:29 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
DPG are you a racer?
Old 03-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Squid
Squid

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
DPG are you a racer?
Well, no I am not licensed racer> Hence"Wanted" to be racer! I believe I would have been a decent culb-racer @ worst! I love the sport and riding!
Why do you ask?
Old 03-15-2012, 10:09 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Because with all that enthusiasm in the first post there are tons of tracks and race schools all over. You can get on the track pretty easily.

It is every bit as fun as those videos look. I have done 12 events a year (4 races/event) since 98 when I raced Daytona. The more you do the easier it gets.

Just get out there and do it.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Squid
Squid

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
Because with all that enthusiasm in the first post there are tons of tracks and race schools all over. You can get on the track pretty easily.

It is every bit as fun as those videos look. I have done 12 events a year (4 races/event) since 98 when I raced Daytona. The more you do the easier it gets.

Just get out there and do it.

Well Smokin'
Your right. The one track-day @ SEARS_POINT was one of the best days I have ever had since knowing sex. Don't get me wrong, sex is topps'. But the track runs a close second!! I just dig it!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the encouragement