Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Streetfighter time! Where to get parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Squid

forsfed25 is on a distinguished road
Streetfighter time! Where to get parts?

I know this has probably been asked before but I cant seem to come up with good answers... I'm thinking of going to a streetfighter look and would like to know where I could find parts like superbike bars, risers and such or kits, and miny winsheilds/headlights.

Looking to stick with stock guage cluster, wiring, cables, and hoses so need suff that will work with that if possible. If not where would I find longer cables and hoses?

Any tips or links would be very helpful. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Squid

thumperslaw is on a distinguished road
Renthals is what i use on my other bike. Really good and strong! I don't think you need to make the cables any longer which is money saver there. Headlight well eBay always got stuff like that for sale
Old 01-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Squid

Dimensions on bars? Risers?
Old 01-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Squid

hellonwheels is on a distinguished road
check rizoma for bars and risers, parts unlimited has a whole section on headlights
most shops carry a catalog
Old 01-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Head Scratcher
Back Marker

poppazuti is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by forsfed25
Dimensions on bars? Risers?
There's a lot of options on the risers and bars, it's all gonna boil down to what you want, and what's comfortable for you.

I know this website has been mentioned already but it's definitely worth a look.
Rizoma Handlebars - Motostrano.com
However, the clamps they sell for the handlebars can be picked up for $25 at almost any motorcycle shop (even the clamps for tapered bars). The prices for the bars are pretty standard for a tapered bar.

Got my mirrors thru this site. IIRC I actually had to place the order thru Cycle Gear. Fair pricing, shipping was quicker than expected, but I actually preferred the $20 bar end mirrors from China that I got off of ebay as the set I got here don't offer much more view than stock.
Spiegler Performance Parts - Motorcycle Performance Parts | Custom Motorcycle Accessories

As for the headlight, well if you're looking for a generic 7" round headlight (which will fit any round headlight you can pick up at the auto parts store and plug right into the stock headlight plug...) go to ebay. I've purchased two so far before landing on the one I like. First one was from a mid 80's KZ550, second was from a newer SV650 with the fly screen. I've been thru three sets of mounting brackets before figuring this out. 1.875" to 2.125" Stainless Steel Band, T-Bolt Clamp w/Zinc Bolt | Fastenal

Works like a champ and at roughly $20 they are far cheaper than most brackets you'll find on ebay or elsewhere. You just need the ears to the headlight.

The stock gauge cluster will work with all of this but you won't be able to use the stock gauge bracket. I've been running without gauges until I can get a new bracket made up (real hard to keep track of the gas usage...)

Sorry this is long winded, but hope it helps.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:08 AM
Squid

Haha no the longer the better! Thanks a bunch. This should definitely get me rolling on this project.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:22 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices