Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

So it begins.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Superstock

Squid is on a distinguished road
So it begins.

Last night and today after work I tore into the hawk for its diet. Looking at quite a bit of money and double the time, I should be done with it in a year and change... My dead line is next december but I have a deployment comming up and that will be when I start stocking parts. Front end, rear shock, swing arm bracing, rims and tires. Main goal is to make it light and structurally sound. I wont post picks of the tear-down, but when I get everything apart I show my progress and updates. Kinda excited and not so pissed about the 4 Bent valves in the aft cylinder.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Back Marker

PappySmears is on a distinguished road
Good luck with your Journey mate. It gives you a lot of pleasure to make your bike unique
Old 11-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Superstock

yes it does. Bout to drain coolant and make a lift for the frame so Ican pull the motor out, fame should be ready for prep by thursday.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Superstock

Valves and piston showed up 2 days ago and are in. Manual CCT's are installed and thanks to the search option it went flawless. but how ever I do have a question. I am going to lighten the bike up as much as possible and I want to do track days with her. Carrozzeria rims are next on the purchase as well as new brake master and calipers but what do I do for body work. For those of you who have done track days with this bike are fairings worth the weight? If so: full fairing or just the upper? (Im going to go to make a headlight of sorts so make/model/year fitment wont be an issue.