Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Scored a Wilber's - Anyone here?

Old 10-04-2008, 08:03 AM
ReNoob
Squid

Sablotny is on a distinguished road
Scored a Wilber's - Anyone here?

Was searching for a Fox Twin Clicker or Penske on Ebay for a while, this popped up yesterday and I grabbed it. Looking forward to adding this and a Race Tech spring & valve fork rebuild to the Superhawk this winter.
Attached Thumbnails Scored a Wilber's - Anyone here?-wilbers.jpg  
Old 10-04-2008, 08:22 AM
SuperBike

trinc is on a distinguished road
looks like there is no ride height adjustment ?

it ( rear shock ) is such a large amount of money to spend but once you do you will never question why you did it.

just make sure it has the correct spring on it & enjoy.

i really said to hell with it & bought a brand new penske a couple months ago... my only complaint was it then pointed out how bad the stock fork valving was !

tim
Old 10-04-2008, 08:38 AM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
Nice - they are great shocks. I have some friends with them and all very satisfied. It makes a huge difference in both performance and comfort as its so much more compliant. Agree, make sure the spring rate if for you - a good suspension shop can check easily and see if it needs any service. Now just switch the front end, you'll be all set
Old 10-04-2008, 05:53 PM
ReNoob
Squid

Sablotny is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the good info. Supposedly this was built for a Superhawk rider who is 185 pounds. I'm around 190, so it should be aw-ight. Saw them listed for $890 and I got mine for a little over half that. I'm going to have a shop do the Race Tech deal on the forks and then I think I'll be stoked.