Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Parts Compatible

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Squid

raceruss2003 is on a distinguished road
Parts Compatible

Is there a list of parts from other bikes that will fit onto the SuperHawk?

Right now I am just finding individual posts with specific mods. Being a new SH owner, it would be helpful to know all the different options that are out there in one long list as opposed to searching around constantly.

Thanks
Old 08-14-2011, 09:16 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Heh, that's like asking what ingredients make a good meal... with enough effort, you can get pretty much anything to work. Even bolt on mods come in different levels (like front end swaps). I mean, microwaving soup isn't much work, but it's one step more than buying McDonalds.

There's an entire thread based on which R/R's fit the superhawk and how they fit... and this is a pretty bare-bones electrical component, and I've never seen anyone try to compilea list for every single part...

What are you planning on doing with it? If you just got the bike, ride it for a bit and then see what you're interested in changing... there's no rush. Look into R/R update and replacing your CCT's as preventative maintenance, and go from there.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 08-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by raceruss2003
Is there a list of parts from other bikes that will fit onto the SuperHawk?

Right now I am just finding individual posts with specific mods. Being a new SH owner, it would be helpful to know all the different options that are out there in one long list as opposed to searching around constantly.

Thanks
The VTR is a bike that has inspired a lot of people, me included to play with modifciations... The list of parts that can and have been made to fit is never ending... If you ask us to make a single cohesive list, don't expect it to be done the next century or so...
Old 08-15-2011, 03:45 AM
Squid

IAGeezer is on a distinguished road
Which oil is best? Kidding, really.... One of the joys of VTR ownership is the fact that they are easy to work on and invite modification. A very rewarding machine to ride and tinker with. Better yet, this forum is a great source of ideas to steal - I mean use.