Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

More tinkering...

Old 04-04-2015, 11:02 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
More tinkering...

Getting the bike ready for the season, so I got around to doing a few small things yesterday
- installed the LED voltage sensor; drilled out the hole where the "phony bolt" is on the stock cluster, and it looks OEM.... now I will know if my stator acts up....
- replaced the tip on my JDM shifter with a Woodcraft folding unit.....

to do:
- get tires installed on Dymag rims (bought protectors and special tire lube from Brock's) and install on bike (have spacers and new pads for calipers - larger CMC rotors; give the calipers a good cleaning too, as well as inspect the condition of the DLC-coated caliper pins...)
- install updated/modded carbs (will snap pics of my H-wing diffusers, if anyone cares to see....)
- remove shock and have it rebuilt (disassemble, clean, inspect, lube linkage); I plan on either reducing or eliminating the rear shock shim (presently at 5.3mm) to help give the bike a bit more stability...

Feel free to share your latest projects...

Last edited by mikstr; 04-04-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:33 AM
SuperSport

NZSpokes is on a distinguished road
I wanna see the H wing!

I have been told on a VTR with correct settings on the suspension the most shim you need is 4mm. Thats what mine has and its rock solid. Turns very well.

My current project has 4 paws and a tail. Not had a dog in 15 years so having some fun with my new mate.