Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Leo Vince Baffle and Jardines?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Squid

GregHimmel is on a distinguished road
Leo Vince Baffle and Jardines?

I am planning on purchasing the Leo Vince pipes for my 02 SuperHawk (dynojet, k&n). I know it has a street baffle, but is this removable? I want the bike as loud as I can get it with an aftermarket pipe.

Also, I was looking at the Jardine RT-one with the racing baffle. Does anyone have any experience with the pipes and can tell me how the sound and perform.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:16 AM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point
the street baffle will be loud... trust me... my erions are just perfect imo as to what's the perfect sound and loudness. They are louder then others but I've not gotten **** from a single cop or anything
Old 09-12-2006, 12:02 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you want loud and obnoxios go with D&D, IMO they're TOO loud and my 2 Bros are loud so if I think they're loud..... Is there a reason you want the loudest pipes out there?
Old 09-12-2006, 12:12 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Hey I've got carbon Leo's and they don't have baffles in them. They are fairly loud. I've at one time or another also had jardines (the round black powdercoated ones), de-baffled and hole punched stockers, sampled devils, and also D&D's. They were all pretty similar on a loudness scale-except for the D&D's. Like with all their pipes, if you like loud and obnoxious then they're for you. On the superhawk they give a little more or that Harley drag pipe sound. When I went from them to the Jardines I was immediately riding faster and @1k rpm higher everywhere just because the Jardines were noticeably quieter and I initially didn't notice the tach or the speedo. Still pretty loud though.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:15 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

If you really want to be annoying you can do like that other guy on here that wanted to ride around with no mufflers at all. Sounds like a friggin stock car and guaranteed to get you cursed by your neighbors and pulled over in no time...
Old 09-12-2006, 12:19 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by captainchaos
If you really want to be annoying you can do like that other guy on here that wanted to ride around with no mufflers at all. Sounds like a friggin stock car and guaranteed to get you cursed by your neighbors and pulled over in no time...
Old 09-19-2006, 10:56 AM
Back Marker

Jake D is on a distinguished road
I just ordered the black high mount Jardines with race baffles. I really don't want them to be too loud. I live in the City but usually ride only in rural areas. So as long as they are pretty quiet at idle, just long enough for me to get out of my parking garage.

Does anybody have an opinion on the black Jardine high mounts?
Do I HAVE TO re-jet or can I get by with it a little lean? Are they freakin' loud as hell?
How was the install? I assume you cut the mid-pipes and slip on new midpipes.
Thanks!
Old 09-19-2006, 11:08 AM
MotoGP

Unless someone has F'D up your bike no cutting is involved, just loosen the clamps at the end of the pipe and slide them off. The new pipes will have thier own pipes to slip-on and then the new cans. Install is usually fairly easy and you can get by without jetting but I would do it, you may have to do the shim mod though,(go to gregs site or do a search). The Jardines are loud but not the loudest and the highmounts are a little quieter than the low mounts because of the bends in the pipes.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:51 AM
Back Marker

My mechanic recommeneded I shim the needle up with the slip ons. I'll likely do the install myself of the exhausts and take it to the Mechanic for the carb work.

Now the only thing I am questioning is whether or not I'll need heat shields.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:00 PM
MotoGP

Depends on how you ride and the size of your feet, I cooked a pair of nice Oxtar boots on the same pipes track riding. On the track my feet are way up and my toes are on the pegs, on the sreet it wasn't a problem riding on the ***** of my feet. Dennis Kirk has chrome shields for $15 do a search for heat shields on here and you can find a link.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:12 PM
v-twin4tmfw
Back Marker

996 is on a distinguished road
I have some LV high mount pipes and I would recommend the heel guards. I just put them on and did about 500 miles and there's not a mark on them. (Dennis Kirk, samson 4"). It took a few hours to get the burnt boot rubber off of the pipes before I put these on. By the way, the pipes sound incredible. Loudness is probably a 7.5 out of 10, and at low rpm's you can keep it respectable. It doesn't look like there are any baffles in them. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the popular exhausts for this bike.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Back Marker

gssbmm
Can you get the mid pipe only for the high mount LV? I have the carbon low mounts and would like to switch to a high mount for more ground clearance. Checked the web site and didn't find anything.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:31 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by gssbmm
Can you get the mid pipe only for the high mount LV? I have the carbon low mounts and would like to switch to a high mount for more ground clearance. Checked the web site and didn't find anything.

I would give them a call. A few years ago when I bought my current superhawk it had their low mounts and I called them and they wouldn't sell me high mount midpipes, they said I had to buy the whole system. The guy I spoke to I guess was their importer and said they were difficult to deal with and that was why they were discontinuing carrying them. Since then they seem to be selling them again so maybe you can get lucky. I do know Jardine and Two Bros do or at least did sell midpipes.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:31 AM
Squid

superchicken996
Call Leo directly. I spoke with the US rep within the past few months and they can sell you whatever you need... mid pipes, hangers, whatever.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:34 AM
Squid

superchicken996
Two Bro's doesn't make or sell high mount mid pipes anymore. Trust me... I've been down this road.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Back Marker

You can get Two Bros low mount systems still, however, for less than $500 shipped.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Squid

98vtr1000 is on a distinguished road
Talked to leo vince guy today. Seemed very helpful and offered to sell me 2 hangers and 2 high mount midpipes for $360 plus shipping. Decided to order the slip on system for $576 instead!