Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Leo Vince high mount pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 11:43 AM
Squid

MessF4 is on a distinguished road
Leo Vince high mount pics

Hey gang-
Does anyone have any Leo Vince high mount pictures? I am contemplating making my low mount a high mount, but I haven't seen any pictures specific to this application so I'm not sure how it will look. If anyone has any pictures of this, or of any high mount, please post so that I can check them out. Thanks.

By the way, I have done a search, but haven't been too successful.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:37 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Yeah but Im retarded and havent spent any time trying to figure out how to post pics on here. Email me, I have two older pics of my carbon Leo high mounts.

Last edited by Wolverine; 05-23-2017 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:24 PM
v-twin4tmfw
Back Marker

996 is on a distinguished road
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ead.php?t=3811

I can put up a few more if you would like, just let me know
Old 10-21-2006, 05:34 AM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Do the passenger peg extensions come as part of the hanger package for these pipes and mufflers?
Old 10-21-2006, 08:58 AM
v-twin4tmfw
Back Marker

996 is on a distinguished road
I bought the bike with the LV pipes on it so I have no clue. I know a few people on here were looking at purchasing them so maybe they can chime in.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:53 AM
MotoGP

I have seen other pix with the extensions as you have them on yours so I know they are not home built cnc or something of that sort. I think this is a good deal because most high mounts require doing away with the passenger pegs.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:50 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

I bought my Leo's used off ebay (more like mounted and then taken off-they were like brand new) and they DID come with the spacers for the passenger pegs and the longer bolts, so I'm assuming those are Leo parts and that if you bought them new they would be included. Jardine and Devil also include longer bolts and spacers for their systems so you can basically use any of them-and I've bought individual parts from both Jardine and Devil, so you could probably buy just the long bolts and spacers from either one if you need to.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:56 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Okay, here are a couple older pics of my bike...
Old 10-21-2006, 12:03 PM
MotoGP

Thanks, Captain! I knew they were out there someplace. It seems like most of the guys like the LV sound. I have a pair of D&D that I got from Calitoz and my son runs a D&D on his CBR. I like the sound on his bike but I'm not sure of the sound on the 'Hawk. I've thought about gutting my stockers for now - might even do it this afternoon. I have to have mids bent for the D&D's but I'm reluctant to do so if I don't like the sound. I'm not one of those "louder the better bikers" and I hear that the D&D's are just that. My son found some sound samples on the net the other night but the LV's they had were from a CBR or other inline and not the 'Hawk. Because the Superhawk has such a unique engine, it will always have a unique sound no matter what brand cans you put on it. One of the guys on the Firestorm site has "I used to be undecided. Now I'm just not sure." as his signature. When it comes to exhausts that's pretty much where I'm at.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:25 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

I've at one time or another tried stock pipes, a couple pairs of Jardines, standard mount Leos, D&D's, de-baffled stockers, open midpipes, Devils, and high mount Leo's. Also have a two bros set that I'm polishing that I've yet to sample. That's a cool thing about buying on ebay for instance-if you don't like it you just resell it and you don't really lose out. Usually you can clean something up and take a better picture of it and usually even make a few bucks-I always have. Well again you can buy a pair of brand new chrome midpipes from Jardine-I think they charged me $75 for one side a couple years ago. They also fit the D&D can I had lying around perfect if you want to go with highmounts and your current D&Ds. Or just sell the D&D's you have and put the $ towards another system. I've had them and they ARE loud but they DO sound pretty cool. A little bit more of that sharp drag pipe sound. In the past I also took the rear baffle out of a pair of stock pipes but of course went a step further and holed up the next baffle in too. Surprisingly they sounded about as good as anything else I've come across. Maybe they don't look as cool as highmounts but they sound as good and also alot friendlier on the wallet. Funny unlike every other system they didn't pop on decel either. Just be careful not to dent the muffler from the inside out like I did.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Squid

MessF4 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the replys. I called Leo Vince USA yesterday to ask about the midpipes and associated hardware. The midpipes themselves cost $135 each. The mounting hardware, which includes brackets and the spacers to retain the stock passenger pegs, costs $84. That's why, before I shell out another $350, I wanted to see exactly what they would look like.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:23 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=captainchaos;33478]I've at one time or another tried stock pipes, a couple pairs of Jardines, standard mount Leos, D&D's, de-baffled stockers, open midpipes, Devils, and high mount Leo's. /QUOTE]

Cap'n,

Do you know is the cf Leo's are a cf sleeve only or a cf sleeve wrapped around a metal tube.

Thanks.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:49 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

I've read they have a metal liner inside to try and protect the CF
Old 10-23-2006, 04:53 AM
MotoGP

Thanks for putting the bookends on this for me, Captain! Before our Sunday ride to the country for breakfast I drilled the outer baffle on the stockers full of 3/8" holes all around the perimeter of the little pipe in the center. I am quite pleased with the sound and the impact to my wallet. The low growl on decel is just exactly the sound that I was looking for. It will take the bitches off their phones when you're beside them. The sound "power on" still has a little way to go. Your description of the raw race header sound is exactly on and exactly what I want to avoid. I have a good pipe guy right down the street from my shop and he says he will bend both mids for a hundred bucks. This got me thinking last nite that I might hi mount the stockers. Have you ever seen this done? I don't think the stock cans are bad looking - they just sound shitty. I looked again at Greg's drawings in "Bafflectomy" and I'm not sure that drilling the inner baffle gains you that much. You described this above - any further thoughts?
Old 10-23-2006, 07:56 AM
Superstock

Radiaoktiv is on a distinguished road
someone just posted a set of spacers on ebay yesterday i think

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10-23-2006, 08:03 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by nuhawk
Thanks for putting the bookends on this for me, Captain! Before our Sunday ride to the country for breakfast I drilled the outer baffle on the stockers full of 3/8" holes all around the perimeter of the little pipe in the center. I am quite pleased with the sound and the impact to my wallet. The low growl on decel is just exactly the sound that I was looking for. It will take the bitches off their phones when you're beside them. The sound "power on" still has a little way to go. Your description of the raw race header sound is exactly on and exactly what I want to avoid. I have a good pipe guy right down the street from my shop and he says he will bend both mids for a hundred bucks. This got me thinking last nite that I might hi mount the stockers. Have you ever seen this done? I don't think the stock cans are bad looking - they just sound shitty. I looked again at Greg's drawings in "Bafflectomy" and I'm not sure that drilling the inner baffle gains you that much. You described this above - any further thoughts?
There's 2 problems you'll run into if you decide to go this route. 1) The stock cans are made of ss so they emit a ton of heat which you will feel and just might be hot enough to melt some things if it's too high. 2) They weigh a ton so now you will have a lot of weight up high which is not where you want it for cornering. One of the main reasons I got the aftermarket pipes wasn't just for sound but the weight savings, the stock pipes must weigh a good 35 lbs. Just my thoughts and good luck in you decisions oh and most companys will sell you just the mid pipes for just a little more than he would charge to bend them.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:04 AM
MotoGP

I caught that too, Nukeman! Thanks!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 08:26 AM
Back Marker

3D02 is on a distinguished road
Sometimes you can find footpeg spacers at your local hardware store (not Home Depot) in the fastener section. My local Mom&Pop store has all kinds stainless/chrome fastener goodies.:-D