Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Integrated tail lights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Squid

kelpike is on a distinguished road
Integrated tail lights?

I am interested in adding the integrated tail light, blinker deal to my bike because my saddlebags kind of hide my blinkers. I am interested in a set from Ebay from roadrashcycleparts. They are about $85. There are cheaper ones on Ebay but these say that they are plug and play. I really don't feel like messing with wires and I don't want to have problems switching back for inspection. I have the option of smoke or clear lense. I asked the seller for pics of the two styles but he says he can't provide that. He says the pic in the ad is of the smoked but it's a black and white pic. I have seen a few on here but can some of you guys show pics and maybe give input on the difference between the two. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
I had a clear alternatives integrated brake light /turn signal for a few years.
1: Folks behind me said most times in the day they could not see the turn signal.
2: After a few years the clear lens started to yellow.
3: I decided I liked the RED lens better, then clear or smoked.. so re-installed the OEM light and added some low profile teardrop turn signals.

Last edited by E.Marquez; 04-03-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:46 PM
THE LANE CARVER
Superstock

whatthefnck is on a distinguished road
I'll 2nd what Marquez wrote. I ordered some LED rear light/blinker combo and upon connection I noticed a weaker brake light than the OEM. Drivers NEED to see that we're braking or they'd pulverize us. So I kept the OEM brake light and added some small LED blinkers in the underside. Can't see them until I indicate a right or left. Looks good n clean, and I still know drivers can see that I'm braking.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:50 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
+1 on Marquez... I've found with my bike that the clear lens is less noticeable than the red one by a noticeable margin (my attribution is towards the red dispersing the light better). And of course smoked is less noticeable than both of those. This was for all lights: braking, running and turn signals. I'm sure there are quality differences in light boards, but adding the red tail lens helps a great deal more than you'd expect.

I ended up putting the red lens on the integrated turn signal LED light body/board and found it to work best.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:57 PM
THE LANE CARVER
Superstock

Personally I think the OEM is actually brighter than the LED lights made for our bikes. I've seen good LEDs out there, but just not for us. And as for the smoked look (on all smoked lights like tail and blinkers), it does look a bit better but the trade of safety is too great bc it's harder to see and we really do need to be seen. We're not in a cage.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:03 PM
THE LANE CARVER
Superstock

Originally Posted by kelpike
I am interested in adding the integrated tail light, blinker deal to my bike because my saddlebags kind of hide my blinkers. I am interested in a set from Ebay from roadrashcycleparts. They are about $85. There are cheaper ones on Ebay but these say that they are plug and play. I really don't feel like messing with wires and I don't want to have problems switching back for inspection. I have the option of smoke or clear lense. I asked the seller for pics of the two styles but he says he can't provide that. He says the pic in the ad is of the smoked but it's a black and white pic. I have seen a few on here but can some of you guys show pics and maybe give input on the difference between the two. Thanks.
Put the link up, I'll see if its the one I purchased [and returned]. And it was a hassle to return bc I had to explain why and send pics of the difference. Seriously it turned into a big ordeal bc they didn't want it back.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:11 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by whatthefnck
Personally I think the OEM is actually brighter than the LED lights made for our bikes..
I'd be curious to see how much difference there is between brands... mine were pretty bright once in the red housing.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:13 PM
THE LANE CARVER
Superstock

I'll see if I can dig up the photo. And then you can get an idea of it. Obviously certain conditions would be stipulation, but the idea is there.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Squid

kelpike is on a distinguished road
VTR1000 Superhawk 1997 2005 Integrated LED Brake Tail Light Clear or Smoke Lens | eBay
I hope the link works. If you search integrated Superhawk on Ebay, the one that shows up at $84.90 is the one. I really have no choice but to add blinkers to my tail light because my new saddlebags cover my blinkers. My bags won't be on all the time but I want to be seen better when they are on the bike.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:51 PM
THE LANE CARVER
Superstock

Looked exactly like the one I ordered. IMO you won't like it, but I could be wrong. If you do order it, be sure about the return policy. And compare to what you currently have before changing it out. Let us know what you did and how it turned out.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:03 PM
THE LANE CARVER
Superstock

The OEM is still in. The LED is resting on top. And it was not smoked.
Attached Thumbnails Integrated tail lights?-951-small-.jpg   Integrated tail lights?-952-small-.jpg   Integrated tail lights?-953-small-.jpg   Integrated tail lights?-954-small-.jpg   Integrated tail lights?-955-small-.jpg  

Last edited by whatthefnck; 04-03-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:05 PM
THE LANE CARVER
Superstock

These 2 are just tail light without brakes
Attached Thumbnails Integrated tail lights?-956-small-.jpg   Integrated tail lights?-957-small-.jpg