Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Installed my Hpower velocity stacks and I am impressed

Old 09-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Back Marker

hawkman996 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Installed my Hpower velocity stacks and I am impressed

I received my Hpower billet velocity stacks from FL02Superhawk996 today. They look good straight out of the package. I popped the tank and threw these little guys on and in about 20-30 minutes I was off on the test ride.

Upon initial start up I noticed the bike did not need as much choke as usual and once started the tone seemed a bit deeper. I let her warm up and I hopped on for the fun. She pulled away and I did notice a little stutter in the mid rpms on partial throttle. Around town the bike was virtually the same but once I got on the back roads and twisted the throttle I was surprised at how the bike accelerates above the 5500-6k rpm mark. Throttle response all around feels improved but the upper-mid to top end has a different character and I must say I like it. I have had my hawk since 2003 so I am very familiar with how everything feels on her and she has changed for the better. I'm digging the little bit extra intake growl these provide up high too.

I honestly was not expecting a difference I could feel but rather just adding to the package I already had but I am more than happy with how the hawk feels now. I will need to bump the needle up since I had some minor fueling issues with the addition of the stacks.

When I installed the jardine slip-on's and bmc filter a while ago I went one bigger on the mains and shimmed the needle up and she has been great since. Now with the stacks I am wondering if I put a thicker shim in or double shim and leave the pilot and main alone.

Thanks FL02Superhawk996
Old 09-08-2009, 10:25 PM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
Mains first, as yours will most probably be too big (one size) now. You can then fine tune from there.