Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

HPower-replica stacks

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 06:05 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
HPower-replica stacks

Something I wanted to share for those running (long) HPower-replica velocity stacks (including DrHOnda's offering). I had the air filter out a couple of days ago and noticed that the hoses linking the valve cover vents to the translucent plastic reservoir seemed to be in the way of the airstream. IN others words, it appeared that the stacks were not being fed "clean" air, but rather disturbed air, having to pass over the hoses (which, despite my elementary knowledge of aerodynamics, would obstruct and disturb airflow; a truly silly situation, whihc, in theory, would esentially ruin all of the work that went into designing these lovely billet stacks)). So, being an OCMD type, I set about correcting this. I simply cut back the plastic tab located in the bottom of the airbox (upon which the hoses sit) by about an inch, which leaves the hoses sitting below the entrance to the stacks (I put a hole at the base of the tab, allowing me to tie-wrap the hoses in place in their new lower position). So, to make a long story short, I went for a ride yesterday and found the bike to feel noticeably snappier. Placebo effect? possibly, although logically the physics are sound.....

sharing this for anyone else running the stacks. If anyone else tries it (take a few minutes to do), report back and let me know what you found....... Markus.... dyno run?

cheers
Old 05-18-2013, 07:06 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Old 05-18-2013, 09:22 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
I'll try to remember to snap some next time I am in there......