Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

I have questions on modifying my VTR SH

Old 04-19-2014, 10:47 PM
Squid

Spawnbike is on a distinguished road
I have questions on modifying my VTR SH

I know Im a new member and have been out of the loop for a bit.

But I purchased an RC 51 that's pretty custom and now im ready to work on SH.

After getting compliments on my RC single sided swing arm i would like to do that to my SH.

Qustion 1 Which single sided swing arm is easiest to install on my SH.

Question 2 I would like to have matching wheels is this possible.

Question 3 If not possible to have matching wheels should I swap the front end to a CBR 100O RR to help try and match wheels that is if a vfr swing arm will fit like my RC.

Thanks guys Im sure there is a well full of information somewhere here maybe I can be led in the right direction.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:10 PM
SuperSport

jscobey is on a distinguished road
how to for SSS conversion

another how to on SSS swaps

another, IMHO, much better swinger swap

the RC51 swinger will net you much better performance. but it seems like your going for the "cool" factor. VFR swinger swaps are just a look thing from what i understand. Honestly i dont even like the look of singe side swingarms, the swinger itself is Fugly and the side without the swinger looks wrong. and they are usually heavier than a regular swinger because they need to be so beefy to handle cornering loads.

but the mods i do are specifically for performance. i know alot of guys are after a certain look. i just happen to think that the performance mods look cool too. win win! i get the SSS on VTR's because stock, the superhawk isnt a performance bike or anything. but i cant imagine anyone taking an RC51 (race bike) and put a vfr swinger on it. just not my cup of tea but to each his own ehhh?

there is 2 threads on how to do the SSS conversion. its the VFR that fits. just dont know if its the 750 or the 800.

Last edited by jscobey; 04-19-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:26 PM
Squid

Spawnbike is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jscobey
how to for SSS conversion

another how to on SSS swaps

another, IMHO, much better swinger swap

the RC51 swinger will net you much better performance. but it seems like your going for the "cool" factor. VFR swinger swaps are just a look thing from what i understand. Honestly i dont even like the look of singe side swingarms, the swinger itself is Fugly and the side without the swinger looks wrong. and they are usually heavier than a regular swinger because they need to be so beefy to handle cornering loads.

but the mods i do are specifically for performance. i know alot of guys are after a certain look. i just happen to think that the performance mods look cool too. win win! i get the SSS on VTR's because stock, the superhawk isnt a performance bike or anything. but i cant imagine anyone taking an RC51 (race bike) and put a vfr swinger on it. just not my cup of tea but to each his own ehhh?

there is 2 threads on how to do the SSS conversion. its the VFR that fits. just dont know if its the 750 or the 800.
Oh there no denying it, I'm only doing it for the wow factor my RC is more for show than go and my SH will be the same. My other RC Im hopefully purchasing soon is going to have the go factor as I'm turning into a track bike only. I have been riding for over twenty years and the older I get my performance mods for the street does not appeal to me anymore "other than more stopping power and grip". I'm trying to create "as corny as it might sound" works of art. I like to make things to look unique.

Tinkering with bikes is my therapy.

Thank you for the links and your advise much appreciated.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:27 AM
SuperSport

jscobey is on a distinguished road
I hear ya. Should be a pretty fun undertaking. I like wrenching almost as much as riding so mods are a great sense of accomplishment for me. I wish I had a bike to wrench om and one just to ride, cuz half of the time my bikes in pieces since I can't stop moding it. The problem is I'd find things to mod on the other bike.

Keep us posted on the progress. I know the difficult part is getting everything to line up straight in the right spots but it's been done. And take lots of Picturesssss!