Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Highmounts and rearsets

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 08:41 AM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Kendrick is on a distinguished road
Highmounts and rearsets

Well since the forum went down I finally got the jardine highmounts I had thought about for months. I think they're just as loud as the D&D's but like the look and the sound better. One unexpected side effect is that they cut in on my foot room. They're okay for riding, but when I go to stand on the pegs going over railrod tracks and what not I end up with my heals on the mid pipes. I can get heat sheild so I don't scuff them anyway.

My question is have I eliminated my potential for rearsets by using these pipes? Does anyone have highmounts and rearsets? If you do, do you still have room for your feet?
Old 08-28-2007, 06:56 AM
Squid

superchicken996
LeoVinci includes 110mm bolts and long aluminum spacers with their high mount systems that allow the passenger pegs to remain on the bike. Unfortunately, they don't sell the parts by themselves. You can spend $60 or so on a "spare parts" bag that Leo makes available, but that's a lot for just a couple bolts and spacers.

Find somebody local to machine some 110mm aluminum spacers and buy 4 bolts to match. That should make plenty of space to bolt on the stock passenger pegs.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Squid

98blackhawk is on a distinguished road
go to hardware store,buy long grade 8 bolts to the spacing length you need,got some new small diameter aluminum tubing from scrap metel yard,cut to length i wanted with a hack saw or jigsaw,sanded ends lightly to smoth out,polished to mirror finish with metal compound,looks as good if not better that the ones that companys sell you for $40-$60.i have several hawkers around here compliment me on them and ask what company i bought them from

total cost:$4.00
total time:half hour working slowly
making something yourself and it looking like a machine made it=priceless
Old 08-28-2007, 06:35 PM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Kendrick is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the input, but I'm asking about rearsets. I ment like the Coerce ones that set your feet further back. I tend to hit my heels on the midpipes now that I've got the highmounts. Jardines came with the spacers and everything for the rear pegs, but I haven't tried them out yet.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
If you are already hitting the mid-pipes then rearsets will only make the problem worse......and guys rearsets are not rear (passenger) pegs
Old 08-28-2007, 08:54 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had highmount Jardine pipes and Harris rearsets, if you have heat shields you'll get used to it. I melted a pair of Oxtar boots on the bike at a track day because I didn't have heat shields, (I had this burning feeling on my feet ), but it wasn't a problem riding it that way.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:32 AM
Back Marker

gssbmm
I have high mounts and sise 13 feet. what I ended up doing was have a wielder make the mid pipe longer so my feet would fit even when I'm on my toes. mine don't look to pretty as I wasn't worryed about looks on the race bike but he said they could be poished if I wanted them to be. I'll try and put a pic up later.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Motorcyclenut!
Squid

prhenderson
I have Jardine high mounts and Coerce rear sets on one of my Superhawks and have had no problems. I wear size 11 boots.