Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

High mount input requested

Old 10-17-2004, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator
Back Marker

mamisano is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: High mount input requested

I went with a set of Jardine high mounts. The keep the passenger pegs, and if I remember correctly, did not require and modifications to the turn signals. They sound great too

Since I recently sold the 'Hawk, I am actually selling the Jardines. They have a little rash of one of the mid pipes, so I reinstalled the stock units when I sold the bike.

Later,
Michael
Old 10-19-2004, 03:49 PM
Superstock

cdyer77
Hey Michael, how much do you want for the high mounts? I might take them off your hands.

Chris
Old 10-29-2004, 06:49 PM
Squid

wheeliefun996

Devil highmounts are awsome. I've heard a couple of other more comon pipes, and I'm very pleased with my choice. They can be adjusted to different heights by moving the brackets. Either way you'll probably need smaller turn signals. I love the sound. They come with spacers for the rear pegs and thats pretty normal, although there kinda ugly that way. My 2cents
Old 12-09-2004, 08:07 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road

Umm, why do you need rear turnsignals for trackdays? :P
Old 01-17-2005, 03:08 PM
Back Marker

HotStreetVTR

I'm not sure about having to remove the turn signals--something you could resolve by getting a tail light assembly that integrates turn signals--, but the GPR titanium, carbon fiber, or stainless high-mount systems for the VTR do not require removal of the pillion mounts or passenger pegs.

Further, GPR titanium full systems can be purchased at a suprisingly low price from Marietta Motorsports, to my knowledge, the exclusive distributor of GPR exhaust in the USA:

[web:99339d0fe5]http://www.1888fastlap.com[/web:99339d0fe5]

cheers,
HotStreetVTR
Old 01-21-2005, 06:18 PM
Squid

wheeliefun996

Do you have to have them in you're state? I got rid of mine since I don't need them in mn, and I ride almost exclusivly on back roads, so hand signals are plenty. There is room for smaller ones if I chose to put new ones on.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:53 PM
Squid

StuDaddy

Originally Posted by HotStreetVTR";p=&quot
I'm not sure about having to remove the turn signals--something you could resolve by getting a tail light assembly that integrates turn signals--, but the GPR titanium, carbon fiber, or stainless high-mount systems for the VTR do not require removal of the pillion mounts or passenger pegs.

Further, GPR titanium full systems can be purchased at a suprisingly low price from Marietta Motorsports, to my knowledge, the exclusive distributor of GPR exhaust in the USA:

cheers,
HotStreetVTR
Doesn't look like they sell GPR exhausts for the Superhawk though.... unless you know something I don't. They do have a helluva lot of buttons on that site :wink:
Old 01-26-2005, 06:54 AM
Squid

StuDaddy

Looks like I found my answer. I emailed Marietta for prices/availability. Below is thier response. BTW, prices given are for slip-ons

My email:
Hello,

Do you carry either GPR or Venom slip-on exhausts for a 2001 Honda Superhawk?

Their Response:
I can get the GPR for you but unfortunately no Venom. The stainless cans will run $899, the Carbon and Ti are $1189, and the Poppy are $989. It takes me roughly 2-3 weeks to get those here and are available in high mount only. Heres a few pictures with a set of Carbon cans installed
http://www.gpr.it/moto_scheda.php?id_moto=20 .