Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

F4i Front wheel

Old 04-18-2011, 08:48 PM
  #1  
RIPI
Squid
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 41
RIPI is on a distinguished road
F4i Front wheel

Anyone know off the top of their head if the F4i front wheel I have is of any use with either regular SH forks or with USD forks from an SP2? Already has no bearings so changing them is not as much of an issue as proceeding without them might be. This wheel should he considerably lighter than the stock anchor and it will therefore certainly wheelie even easier,especially with a Pure spooned on... and since the Michelins are perfect from the factory imagine how much better it will corner with no wheel weights needed!
RIPI is offline  
Old 04-19-2011, 09:38 AM
  #2  
Banned
MotoGP
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lake View Terrace, CA
Posts: 5,942
8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by RIPI View Post
Anyone know off the top of their head if the F4i front wheel I have is of any use with either regular SH forks or with USD forks from an SP2? Already has no bearings so changing them is not as much of an issue as proceeding without them might be. This wheel should he considerably lighter than the stock anchor and it will therefore certainly wheelie even easier,especially with a Pure spooned on...
Sorry bit no it will not fit either set of forks you have listed.


Originally Posted by RIPI View Post
and since the Michelins are perfect from the factory imagine how much better it will corner with no wheel weights needed!
Care to expand on that just a little bit??
8541Hawk is offline  
Old 04-19-2011, 10:18 AM
  #3  
RIPI
Squid
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 41
RIPI is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 8541Hawk View Post
Sorry bit no it will not fit either set of forks you have listed.




Care to expand on that just a little bit??
Just being goofy. Michelin claims that the reason they have no mounting dot on their tires is that they are so perfect there is no light spot.....

Anyone need an F4i wheel with or without rotors and a decent Q2 mounted?
RIPI is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 06:57 PM
  #4  
Katryder
Back Marker
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Palm City, FL
Posts: 114
katryder1@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
F4 Front Rim, 6 Spoker

I have a set of USD 2006 CBR1000RR Forks that I am in the process of installing. My ? is will the F4 rim I am about to buy fit? I already have the 6 spoker for the rear. Thanks for the info, B.
katryder1@gmail.com is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 08:21 PM
  #5  
RIPI
Squid
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 41
RIPI is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have a set of USD 2006 CBR1000RR Forks that I am in the process of installing. My ? is will the F4 rim I am about to buy fit? I already have the 6 spoker for the rear. Thanks for the info, B.
That is what I bought for my RC51 forks but apparently it won't fit. Can anyone expand upon what dimensions don't work? Have not had a chance to try and line things up yet, working on race tech internals at the moment.
RIPI is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
jscobey
Modifications - Cosmetic
17
04-06-2014 07:57 AM
uchi
General Discussion
0
04-16-2010 04:52 PM
Just_Nick
Classifieds
0
11-25-2009 11:58 AM
AC COBRA
Modifications - Performance
8
07-13-2006 07:37 PM
Loco
Classifieds
2
04-12-2006 07:24 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F4i Front wheel


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.