Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Exhaust System Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Superstock

Birdoprey is an unknown quantity at this point
Exhaust System Advice

I'm ready to buy exhaust, either slip-ons or a full system. I'd like your advice on what to buy. Which ones are lighter, louder, which require re-jetting? Is it worth it to get a full system? I'd like to stay with standard mounts since I'll use soft saddlebags at times.
I've heard a bike with Two Brother's and was surprised how quiet it was. Maybe too quiet. I've also heard one that was bafflectomied. Not bad but it backfired quite a bit. Maybe it needed the PAIR disabled?
Your thoughts and preferences are appreciated. Anybody got any sound clips?
Old 01-28-2007, 09:41 PM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
I like a full system, as the standard collector is not real good in my opinion. My Moriwaki pipes are much better in their design.

Without a doubt the best full system I have seen is the M4. It has multiple pipe diameters, balance pipes, and is an absolute work of art. The owner of this system gets 112 rear wheel HP with standard internals.

If you see one buy it!!!

Just my opinion of course!! LOL
Old 01-29-2007, 12:14 AM
Squid

Miscia is on a distinguished road
The best full system is from Akrapovic imho. Light, loud and combined with a race air filter will give you about 10hp, but you will need to re-jet.
If you choose slip-ons you will not have to re-jet if you keep the baffles on, but you could need it if you remove the baffles.

If the bike backfires, the only thing to do is re-jet because it means you have a bad carburation (too much air, here in Italy we say "thin carburation", nut i don't know how you say it :P)