Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Devil highmounts vs Jardine highmounts

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Back Marker

Blurr is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I have the Jardines now, they are hight but I want higher mount REALLY like the MIG exhaust but none to be found so now Im looking into Devil and the Leo Vince

What do the TBR look like ? How high are they ? Do you loose the pegs or have to move the signals?
Old 05-04-2007, 02:56 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Blurr
Anyone have the Leo Vince high mounts ? Do you have to move the signals ?
I've got high carbon Leo's and yes the signals will be in the way, which is why I just left them off. Here's an older pic but you get the idea. Plus I trimmed the undertail a little and pulled the cans closer in. Ebay is your friend, they were in perfect brand new condition for $500 Some guy bought a bunch of stuff for his bike then ran out of money and turned around and sold it all.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Back Marker

Well I really want them but wasnt sure if you could keep your signals or not
Old 05-04-2007, 03:11 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Prob not the stockers. But I think they're worth losing the signals over. Here's a newer pic.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Back Marker

Yeah they are really close to the body lines arent that?

Yeah thats what I like like the MIGs etc hmmm always could do an all in one tail light deal
Old 05-04-2007, 03:50 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Yeah I've just been lazy I guess-signals haven't really been a priority. I still have a few things to iron out with the bike before I start taking it further than my neighborhood anyway. But they aren't that close together "stock." Like I said I trimmed a little of the undertail and bent in the hangers. I actually had them really close together, almost like underseat, but I liked them best spaced out a little. They're as close the the fairing as possible w/o touching. Gives the bike a sweet narrow look from behind.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Back Marker

Yeah I really want to see what the leo high mounts look stock and try that and see if i can keep the lights right its a bit of a hassle to not use them here but yeah i like my jardines but wish they were a little higher and closed to the body lines
Old 05-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Back Marker

I like the MIGs a lot and heard the Devils are the closest thing to them so but really liking the Leos only thing I dont like is they are oval and not round
Old 05-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Back Marker

My thing is I want them higher up to the body you know hmmm wonder if I should try that other fellows idea with reversing the pipes
Old 05-04-2007, 07:53 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

I've thought of doing that a couple times-like a 916. If I get one of those cool license plate holders like an r6 has and put the pipes under the seat I'd turn the ovals horizontal and see how it looks. I could put mine even higher but I'd have to push them further apart so they'll clear the fairing. I like them in tight. Devils are round but they're big round. The migs are small round like the black jardines.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:35 AM
Back Marker

Darkone22 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Blurr;51549]Yeah, I have the Jardines now, they are hight but I want higher mount REALLY like the MIG exhaust but none to be found so now Im looking into Devil and the Leo Vince

What do the TBR look like ? How high are they ? Do you loose the pegs or have to move the signals?[/QUO

Attachment 3102 only one i got right now u can see it comes up to the turn signals.. The TbR highmounts uses the foot pegs
Old 05-05-2007, 03:51 AM
Back Marker

let the sun come up and i will get u better pic and post it on photobucket so u can see it better
Old 05-05-2007, 06:32 AM
Back Marker

some of them~

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...1/S5001319.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...1/S5001318.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...1/S5001317.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...1/S5001316.jpg

oh and i did the wheels my self not to bad for a noob
Old 05-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Back Marker

Yeah I am really leaning towards the Leo Vince for sure, just have to figure out the signal lights really but really like to see and hear the Devils to be sure.

how loud are the leos ? better or worse than the jardines?

I heard Migs and again still the nicest I seen and heard every love them but bloody hell cant get them no more.

Only thing with the Leos is they only have the aluminums for some reason its not abad thing but yeah.

I was going to get the carbon devils but they are like 200$ more than the leos and I prefer rounds to ovals but they do look nice and they are up real high and I like that.
How high are they with out bending ? Did you have to loose the signals before you bent them?
Old 05-05-2007, 02:09 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

You're not going to be able to use the stock signals with the leos. I only gave a slight inward bend to the hangers to pull them in tighter. They're higher than the jardines and 2bros. Jardines sound good but have a higher pitched sound than the leos or the two bros. Yes they're pretty loud. I think they sound better than the jardines but what sounds good is as usual different for different people. As I keep saying I've yet to hear a set of pipes that sound bad on one of these things.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Back Marker

Yeah for sure, really thinking I am going to go with the Leos and ditch the jardines and just get an all in one tail light or something
Old 05-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Back Marker

Look at these, I mean this is off there webpage I dont mind this if I could find some signals like those but dont really want them installed on the body if I could do a tail light thingy right
Old 05-05-2007, 03:56 PM
OUTLAW
Squid

BensonTweed is on a distinguished road
Carbon Fiber Pipes are worthless on V-Twins. They dont last. I went through two carbon fiber sets on my SH. V-Twins just rattle them to pieces. They look great but looks arent everything.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Back Marker

Totally going with the Leos now just gotta find someone in Canada who sells them at a decent price
Old 05-05-2007, 08:27 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by BensonTweed
Carbon Fiber Pipes are worthless on V-Twins. They dont last. I went through two carbon fiber sets on my SH. V-Twins just rattle them to pieces. They look great but looks arent everything.
I think part of the problem is the heat. I've seen carbon pipes burn up and part of that is the fact that folks never service them with new packing. The Leos are supposed to have a thin aluminum liner to help protect the carbon from the heat. Don't know if this works as I haven't put nearly enough miles on mine yet...I'm sure if you park your bike in the sun all the time, just like a car, stuff goes to **** pretty fast too.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:10 PM
Squid

port3025 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know where I can get some sound clips to compare exhausts? I'm leaning toward getting some jardines for my recently purchased hawk. Does anyone know of any other pipes that are really loud? For me, there is no such thing as too loud.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Cleveland is on a distinguished road
I have no sound clips, but I hear D&Ds are loud... alot of people here say TOO loud.. I have Erion Bros low cans that I cut down... They were more than 18" long.. now barely break 11". I did it cause I rashed one on both ends, and cosmetically it bothered me. Cut the other to match. Now they are loud.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Back Marker

Anyone have issues with leaks on the clamps on the jardines, on the right hand side where it bolts to the stock part?
Old 05-24-2007, 11:41 PM
OUTLAW
Squid

BensonTweed is on a distinguished road
vance & hines are the loudest. i had carbon fiber v&h but they cant handle the vtwin vibration. i have stainless jardine rt-one's now and they are way more mellow. you want loud...............vance and hines
Old 05-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Squid

bigbob65 is on a distinguished road
i just sold a cut down d and d set very very awsomely loud brought me back to the days when i used to race my tlr1000 and original hawk and thumpers

those were the days

days i was deaf

now ive got the black jardine round pipes and i absolutly love them best sounding besides the mig high mounts

one day im going to rip his migs off his bike and put on my jardines