Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Backed Into A Corner

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 07:38 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Backed Into A Corner

I purchased (Ebay) a radial clutch master cylinder to replace the stock unit. Why? Because of the interface between the handle bars (Tommaselli) and the stock clutch master I can only get the bars pulled back so far. The position of the bars is good enough with the stock master, but I thought I could do better. Dry fit with the radial master and a bit of bar adjustment gives a little more upright riding position. That also means that the brake master/bar arrangement needs to be similar. Because of OCD I wanted both masters to match. So I purchased a matching radial master. Ebay again. Same seller and it came from the same bike. That bike was a '09-'11 Ducati Monster 1100. These masters were used on some other models around the same years.
Here is the rub: While a rebuild kit is available for the clutch master, the brake master rebuild kit is, it seems, unobtainable. While I don't know if either really needs rebuilding yet, it would be nice to be able to source the parts when needed.
So the question is, does anyone have a suggestion as how to go about finding the rebuild parts through a work-around or getting the brake master rebuilt by some authorized service. I have spent a fair amount of time searching the internet and have come up with nothing. Well not exactly nothing. What I coming to understand is Brembo/Ducati do not sell those parts because of liability issues. Which seems rather odd as older masters are still supported.
Never again!
Old 01-29-2021, 07:16 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Can't help you unfortunately but I have been running a Monster 1100 clutch master for quite some time now on my VTR and am very pleased with it.
Old 01-30-2021, 07:11 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr
Can't help you unfortunately but I have been running a Monster 1100 clutch master for quite some time now on my VTR and am very pleased with it.
Yeah I know. Thanks, it's your fault. lol
Old 01-30-2021, 07:50 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by xeris
Yeah I know. Thanks, it's your fault. lol
Please accept my deepest, heart-felt apology for leading you down the road of temptation, lol
Old 01-30-2021, 04:05 PM
Superstock

YMRacing is on a distinguished road
Imagine my surprise that this post wasn't related to rear braking and "backing into a corner"...