Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Two into One Stealth Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Squid

Mark RSA is on a distinguished road
Two into One Stealth Pipe

Hi all, I was I believe one of the first to remove both standard (heavy) pipes and have a single two into one Stealth Slip on fitted to my 1998 VTR (Super Hawk to this Forum). Photo attached.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Performance issues?? how does she sound?
Old 10-20-2006, 11:58 AM
Superstock

Radiaoktiv is on a distinguished road
i dont get it
Old 10-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Squid

Sounds really great when it was pre CCT collapse with popping on decel around 2800 rpm down! Very deep rorty sound - very cool! Oh yeah when on decel the popping occasionally scares the sh.. of the neighbourhood dogs! Top Speed around 260-270kph!
Old 10-20-2006, 12:14 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
I don't mean to bust the proverbial bubble but I saw a VTR with a two-into-one about five years ago in this area (Montreal, Canada). I am at a loss to remember, however, what the brand of the pipe was.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Probably ART exhaust. They made a few of these, though I don't think they were ever available in the US.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:51 PM
MotoGP

For some reason Hindle comes to mind but it was a few years back so it may have been ART....
Old 10-21-2006, 05:46 AM
Back Marker

Dave Wicks is on a distinguished road
Smile Stealth pipe

Hey Mark;
Where can a guy get one of these?? If you say no longer available..shame on you for showing it to us..So ah..er where do you usually park your bike at night?? Is it like..ah normally well lighted around where it sits?? Kidding..Are these still out there...Jetting or performance issue?? Less weight is good..especially back end weight on the front end lite Super Hawk

Dave
Old 10-23-2006, 10:30 AM
Squid

Two into 1 Reply

I meant to say one of the 1st in South Africa!
Pipes are made locally i.e. excellent quality and virtually a copy of a Yoshimura RS3 I think. Price in our value R1500 fitted!
Old 10-23-2006, 10:36 AM
Squid

Stealth Pipe

Jetting yeah, pipe leans it out a lot had to rejet! Re dyno - now a bit yucky from CCT repair will be redyno'd and jetted on 24/10/06 will let you know. Weight wise the pipe is super light.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Squid

Another Photo! VTR Stealth Race pipe

Like it?
Old 10-23-2006, 01:42 PM
Back Marker

Dave Wicks is on a distinguished road
Stealth Pipe

Hey Mark;

Looking close at your photo..it's a slip on?? Looks like the old pipe turns under the bike..suspect it's capped off..?? I have wondered about modifying the stock muffler and using the header, but making it all come out the one side..Anybody ever try that?? Guy could put a "boom box" underneath to increase volume..Kind of a torque chamber..what think ye?? How does 1500 rand transfer to Canadian, and when are you going into the export business. Guy in our church is from S. Africa..going to have to talk with him... I built a two into one on a 650 CXE Honda..kind of Guzzi style..Europe and Canada had them..don't think U.S. got that model...used modified stock system with Box that came from factory.

Ride Safe
Dave
Old 10-30-2006, 08:18 AM
Squid

Stealth Pipe

The original pipes feed into a collector box/point two into one into two :-D which was removed. The technician then welded the rear pipe onto the bit left over effectively it is indeed a two into a single pipe with a slip on can. I haven't taken her for dyno yet as I was ill last week - hopefully it will all come together this week!
Old 10-30-2006, 04:42 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
By chance did you get a baseline dyno?
Old 11-07-2006, 05:57 AM
Squid

superhawk101 is on a distinguished road
left side exhaust

I switched mine over to a single sided left exit exhaust setup about five years ago when I bought my SH I picked up a staintune extreme high mount off ebay for $60 and then modified the header pipe (cut off the right side exhaust outlet and tig welded on a patch) then wrapped the header to help reduce fluxuations in exhaust temps. I attached some pics.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Squid

Two into One Pipe and POPPING

Bikes back from tech - he messed up valve timing, had to retime - sounded like a 500 thumper [wierd] 76bhp on dyno. So we had serious words, he redid valve timing - got it right. Sounds like it used to, mean torque is back. Ha Ha so is the backfire or as somewill prefer popping on decel - tech just cannot fix this - I personally don't like it. I believe pilat screw must be adjusted or the worst insert some form of whatever inside the can - to increase back pressure - I was told it 'breathes too much and the result is air - petrol mix in the exhaust pops on it's own - feel liek an idiot sometimes when a tech tells you something like that and you just not sure if it is so or not? Some help here please guys. Just what do I do to reduce the popping from 3k downwards. Oh yeah the dyno is now at a comfortable 119bhp at high altitude up here in Pretoria.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:47 AM
Squid

Opos the spelling is jsut not so good wehn yuo tpye a lttile qiuck!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Squid

Oh original dyna before pipe change was 106bhp [came with the bike when I bought it - power was awesome even then! A bit wilder now but managebale! Just eats tires!!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:54 AM
Squid

Agghhh! - why did the tech mess up valve timing - mmmm she dropped a cct on front cylinder - now warning just...bang crrrr! bent valves, had heads both redone and new valves, seals and nicely reseated, new gaskets etc. thats when the bloke buggered the timing on the valves - just a point of note between waiting fro him to do nothing and then someting took around 2 1/2 months - never shall he see me again - he still owes me a cap for the timing cover on the left side of the motor he chewed up just because it was 'stuck'. Reputation does not always mean the best tech - beware of these types - cost you cash , time and frustration [local tuning fundi - I might add - he is!] my opinion nahhhh! But that just me!
Old 02-22-2007, 08:46 AM
MotoGP

wow! you went from 106 to 119 hp!?!?

On a discussion about 2 into 1 set-ups on vtr1000.org, one chap had dynoed his set-up and stated that he picked up some low and mid at the expense of some slight top-end.

http://vtr1000.org/phpBB2/viewtopic....78669f3c8bbee8

cheers