Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Stock rear turn signal relocation

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 04:55 PM
aja
SuperSport

aja is on a distinguished road
Stock rear turn signal relocation

I'm sure not too many of you still have the stock turn signals, but I do so this is what I did to get a better look from the rear. I'm not sure if this will work on all years due to wire location and plastics, but I did this on a 98.

You will need to remove your seat and rear plastics. Unplug the wires running to the turn signals from the loom. The turn signals are mounted with 1 10mm nut up under the tail. Remove the turn signals and pull the wires through the plastic. There is a metal insert on the inside of the black plastic, keep or discard this, its up to you. You can use it to mount the turn signals in the new place with additional trimming, but I didn't use them. The cluster of wire connections that go to the turns, tail light, etc will need to be moved in front of the seat latch. I had to cut the electrical tape to seperate those wires from the loop to move them all. Flip the holder around that you bend down to keep them in place.
Name:  IMAG0032.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  60.8 KB

Under the rear plastics there is the plastic screw anchor that holds it to the under plastics, you will need to discard these. Mine were already missing and my plastics never rattled, so I didn't see a need for them. The bolt on the turn signal mounts through this hole, you will need to drill a hole for the wires, I didn't measure so you will have to. I had to cut the tabs off of my plastics that the anchor goes through to get it to sit flush.
Name:  IMAG0030.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  30.9 KB

Mount the turn signals and put the wires through the space between the subframe and plastic

Connect the wires to the loom and replace your plastics and seat and you are done. This is a very easy way to make your back end look better while you wait to get you integrated tail light. I did some extra trimming and moved my license plate and light for a cleaner look while I wait for a fender eliminator kit too.
Name:  IMAG0034.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  81.0 KB

Old 12-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Back Marker

MOONSTER is on a distinguished road
That's defently an inovated idea. Not bad.