Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

sharkskinz shipping FYI

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 02:04 AM
SuperSport

residentg is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Christian_man30
I know you'll hate me....but I went job hunting a few weeks ago & found out that Sharkskinz is only 18 miles from where I live & the owners live in melbourne, just right up the road from me.

Trying to talk to them & see if I can do some side work for them & earn me a lower from them.
You're ok man, good luck with the job. JB
Old 05-17-2010, 08:00 AM
pragmatic anarchist
Superstock

peterpanic is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr
yep, if they are not willing to ship USPS they can keep it.......
and... Usps on the other hand is great to deal with. It ends up coming canada post and unless its a real big item they won't charge me for it. So anytime I make an ebay purchase I make sure its shipped usps.

Yeah Baby, that's the spirit! My quasi-government employer handles VOLUME! That's how we do it. Plus the archaic Postal Board of Governors (political payoff positions) have to all meet to discuss and agree on any changes and they're all so ******* busy serving the public, they never can all be in the same place at the same time.
USPS actually contracts with Fedex and UPS for transportation and preliminary sorting. We pay them to fly **** so they don't have planes with almost nothing on them anymore. Found money for them! Postal Service has so much invested in letter handling that they hesitate to concentrate on parcels...the only truly reliable mail since you can't send those lower fairings electronically till Tweety figures out how to do it.
Unfortunately, USPS has adopted a "business" model as opposed to the traditional guaranteed public service we once were. Hence the eventual five day delivery and removal of public mailboxes and closing of small stations. Enjoy it while we can!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Superstock

doomcookie is on a distinguished road
I even see some on ebay that charge 250 for shipping, When i order from peckteck they send me a full set fairing of RC51 for 30-40 buck shipping using UPS and the box was huge .. I think 180 is bs