Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

seat angle

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Squid

franklin is on a distinguished road
seat angle

The stock seat is angled such that i am pushed into the tank... do the corbin or sargent seats have less of a forward angel to them? also, are they much heavier than the stock seat?? thanks.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:11 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

supermarto is on a distinguished road
I am wondering the same thing... I'm looking at the Sargent. I am thinking that, combined with Helibars will make this the perfect scoot.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Superstock

redman is on a distinguished road
I recently put a Sargent on my bike and here's my .02
I don't feel any forward angle at all. In fact I am now figuring out how to put some sort of extra padding or temporary foam block behind my ace so I don't have to hang on when accelerating hard. I'd prefer to be supported by the seat so my arms/hands are left to control the bike. Comfort level is better...can't say whether it's softer or firmer but it's better.
Quality manufacture, nice leather, nice storage tube underneath. Re: the extra pad at rear...I'm 165lbs so maybe you heavyweights fill up the seat area better than I. I have a good 2 inches between the step and my butt.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Superstock

HRCVTR1000 is on a distinguished road
Ok I guess ill chime in . I put the Corbin on mine a couple of months ago . Compared to the stock seat the Corbin is way heavier . It is also much FIRMER , but thats actually what makes it more comfortable ( It cups your *** ) no more pressure points in the wrong spots . Another plus for the Corbin is that it has a rise right before meets up to the tank it keeps you right in the part of the seat you want to be in ,plus no more squashing your bawlz int the tank ! I know everyone says the the Sargent is so much better ( and it might be ) and too be totally honest I would have gotten the Sargent ( based on other members opnions )if I had not found a almost new Corbin for $200 less than the Sargent . I am very happy with the Corbin . Its very comfortable ( to me) , it looks great ( carbon fiber) , The Solo seat fits like it should ( mine must be the only one that does) and for the price it was hard to pass up ! but I guess compared to the stock Seat either one is going to be a BIG improvement .
Old 10-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Squid

franklin is on a distinguished road
thanks for the input
Old 10-06-2007, 05:25 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
+1 on the Corbin,

Fits like a good Horse Saddle and no more ***** into the tank.