Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Just picked up a lower

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 03:36 PM
SuperSport

NOrrTH is an unknown quantity at this point
My buddy has one of these and has melted a hole through it on the lower right side. I strongly advice wrapping the header and putting that silver padded heat shield stuff on the inside of the lower.

I'd save some money and aggrevation, paint it black and it will still look just as good (or close) to painting it stock.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:41 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
thanks for the info. The pipes are already wrapped and I can and will apply some of the heat tape (can always pick up a bunch more at Crappy Tire)..AS I said earlier, I may have to perform some surgery on it if I find it traps too much heat. The VTR engine tends to run too hot as it is (IMHO).

cheers
Mikstr
Old 06-09-2006, 05:15 AM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
Get yourself a $2 can of paint and do a test paint to see if you like your colour choice. No expense if it doesn't look right. Then you can do it properly when you have the colour sorted.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:34 AM
MotoGP

I have an acquaintance who works in a auto body repair shop who has offered to paint it. He only asked that I bring in a paint sample for him to match it so I will bring the seat cowl to allow him to match the blue. Of course, I may yet go the black route since I know you can't mess that up. I am just concerned about how closely matched the blue will/would be. I was also thinking red to match the Honda logo on the tank (and seat striping,....) but am afraid that may be a case of overkill.

cheers
Mikstr
Old 06-09-2006, 10:07 AM
SuperSport

CNI Dawg is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mikstr
I have an acquaintance who works in a auto body repair shop who has offered to paint it. He only asked that I bring in a paint sample for him to match it so I will bring the seat cowl to allow him to match the blue. Of course, I may yet go the black route since I know you can't mess that up. I am just concerned about how closely matched the blue will/would be. I was also thinking red to match the Honda logo on the tank (and seat striping,....) but am afraid that may be a case of overkill.

cheers
Mikstr
Try these guys.
Expensive but it's the right color
http://www.colorrite.com/CRPLfactory...imageField.y=6
Old 06-09-2006, 10:55 AM
MotoGP

Hi Bill,

thanks for the tip but my bike is a different shade of blue. A meaner, more "business-like" midnight blue I will try to find it on the site though. Thanks for the link (mine is a 99)

Mikstr

P.S. It has to look good for when I pick up all that extra acceleration from your chain and sprocket combo, lol
Old 06-13-2006, 04:18 AM
Squid

willie
"I didn't mean that the bike would get hotter, just that it will trap the hot air and the rider will feel it more than the street version. Although it will block some of the air that blows on it, that's all."

Sorry if I sounded like a di**. I hope it didn't come across like that, I apologize if it did. Yes you are right it does trap the hot, especially while sitting at stop lights.................
Old 06-13-2006, 08:16 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by willie
"I didn't mean that the bike would get hotter, just that it will trap the hot air and the rider will feel it more than the street version. Although it will block some of the air that blows on it, that's all."

Sorry if I sounded like a di**. I hope it didn't come across like that, I apologize if it did. Yes you are right it does trap the hot, especially while sitting at stop lights.................
Not at all Willie, I was just clearing up what I meant. :wink: