Extended swingarm

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Jack of all Master of non
Superstock

3amta3 is on a distinguished road
Extended swingarm

i am going to try this again.
i know most of you dont like the idea of streatching a Hawk but i am hopeing someone out there can help me find a company that makes either the whole swingarm or ext for it...... any help would be great.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Superstock

evines is on a distinguished road
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...wingarm-25767/ + https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...my-hawk-25526/ =
Old 06-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 3amta3
i know most of you dont like the idea of streatching a Hawk ... any help would be great.
Any help? Okay. Please use the shift button to capitalize letters. Also, it's stretching. According to a dictionary:

streatching

- no dictionary results

Hopefully you will learn from this post and maybe get a chuckle out of it to.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Oh! This has been on my mind every time I see a post from you. Were you trying to go for the EatMe in reverse for your screen name? Or does your screen name actually mean something. I really am just curious.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:24 AM
907 Noble
Back Marker

AK Ronin is on a distinguished road
Are you gonna throw some DUBS on it and make it OG tripple OG too?

I'm just kidding.

I have no idea where to get the extended swingarm. But when you start working on it, show Pictures!

Good luck man!
Old 06-03-2011, 11:26 AM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
I thought we decided you weren't allowed to stretch your hawk or we'd all beat you up.

Given the lack of popularity of stretched hawks, I'm betting you may have to go with a local custom shop to fab something.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Superstock

i will for sure post pictures but it is hard as hell to find things like that for this bike...

stretching sorry i didnt know this was gram class.

crux- eatmae was a typo that kinda stuck.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:42 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Your best bet is to find someone good at welding and have your stock swing arm modified.

I would suggest buying a spare from ebay and have that one modded as they usually are cheap.

If we knew what part of the country you are in we could provide suggestions of who to use. EG: in Phoenix I would recommend: http://www.ammo-racing.com while they specialize in 4 wheel stuff, I have used them and they are great guys that do good work.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Let me google that for you

Picking any of the top 10 links and getting a quote from them would be a step in the right direction... Or taking the swingarm to a good welder close to you...

The Superhawk isn't a run-of-the-mill bike, so you won't find many custom parts, and it never where that popular with the bling-bling crowd or the quarter mile junkies, so a stretched swingarm will most definetly need to be an one off item... There are no off the shelf, bolt-on options to find...

But you could keep asking the same question and getting the same answer... It's not at all reminiscent of a fly hitting a window... Really, it's not...
Old 06-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Back Marker

Bluesuperhawk83 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tweety
Let me google that for you

Picking any of the top 10 links and getting a quote from them would be a step in the right direction... Or taking the swingarm to a good welder close to you...

The Superhawk isn't a run-of-the-mill bike, so you won't find many custom parts, and it never where that popular with the bling-bling crowd or the quarter mile junkies, so a stretched swingarm will most definetly need to be an one off item... There are no off the shelf, bolt-on options to find...

But you could keep asking the same question and getting the same answer... It's not at all reminiscent of a fly hitting a window... Really, it's not...

Haterz gonna hate

seriously dude the best thing you can do is sell your hawk to someone who is gonna enjoy it for what it is. Step 2 is buy any of the cbrgixxerR6s out there and put your poser gear on it.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Superstock

i love the support in here, i love the bike the way it is but i am not a track rider i like to have my own swing on the look of the bike.
\i figured if i put a post in a different place i might get some others less **** and more open. guess i was wrong...... thanks for the boost though
Old 06-03-2011, 03:45 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
I honestly don't think that most people are trying to hate... you've posted already, and this forum isn't a large one by any means (as is expected from a bike that is somewhat less than mainstream). You've gotten many polite answers of people saying they wouldn't recommend it, given you reasons why, and then showed interest in pictures of you perusing your vision. Some are less than polite, but that pretty much goes with being a human.

Bottom line is, what you're trying to do is seen by some as forcing a function on a bike that just isn't really set up well to handle it. It's like trying to make a civic an off-road vehicle. Or making a 6'4" Amazon into a successful gymnast. Sure, it can be done, but you're approaching the custom territory here, not bolt on. Because of this attitude (from a relatively small bike population, remember?), aftermarket support for the extended swingarm is poor at best. If you're set to have your own swing on the look of your bike, you gotta be ready for the hits and not expect people to sugar coat their opinions.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Superstock

believe me i am not offended what so ever, keep it coming......
Old 06-03-2011, 06:09 PM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
i love the support in here, i love the bike the way it is but i am not a track rider i like to have my own swing on the look of the bike.
\i figured if i put a post in a different place i might get some others less **** and more open. guess i was wrong...... thanks for the boost though
You won't be able to hide on a small forum like this... the same people read every post so the same people reply to re-posts.

Whats so hard about hiring a skilled person to modify one. Or how about this I am a skilled person if you send me the money you would normally spend on a nice stretched swingarm for bikes they make them for like this: HAYABUSA 99-07 BLACK EXTENDED SWINGARM TAX SALE L@@K | eBay

You send me $400 and I will send you a extended swing arm...

`

Last edited by Little_Horse; 06-03-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Superstock

evines is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Little_Horse
a nice stretched swingarm for bikes they make them for like this: HAYABUSA 99-07 BLACK EXTENDED SWINGARM TAX SALE L@@K | eBay
Hahaha! I love that eBay listing, especially the photos with sparkles added.

Hey 3amta3, maybe you could just get your Superhawk Bedazzled and call it a day.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:21 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Bluesuperhawk83
Haterz gonna hate

seriously dude the best thing you can do is sell your hawk to someone who is gonna enjoy it for what it is. Step 2 is buy any of the cbrgixxerR6s out there and put your poser gear on it.
With what I posted you are dubbing me a hater? Get a clue...

I gave him a pretty straight forward answer... That there are no place to buy the things he wanted pre-made... That he should look at getting it custom made either by a local shop, or someone that does custom swingarms as a business... What's hating about that?

I don't want to ride a stretched hawk myself, but if this guy wants to, let him... I just get slightly annoyed with him asking the same question and expecting different results three times... When the answer is pretty simple... So for that, he got a small poke in the ribs...
Old 06-04-2011, 05:32 AM
Superstock

since i am new to this web site i had no idea that the forum was such a small place. i figured ask the question in a different area of the forum that maybe there would be a different group of people that might be able to help me out..
i was not trying to repost just to repost, i had a reason for doing it not knowing the small size of the forum.
like i said before i love my bike for what it is but i also like to make it my own too. just like my cars, i have a 2010 charger R/T.if i left it the way it was when i got it, it would just be another Charger on the road. so to make it my own i striped all the lables and trim and blacked out the tail lights and chrome tinted the windows. i promise you wont see another like it.... that the same way with my bikes, i like to do something a little different to make it unique.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:39 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by evines
Hahaha! I love that eBay listing, especially the photos with sparkles added.

Hey 3amta3, maybe you could just get your Superhawk Bedazzled and call it a day.
MAN THAT WOULD REALLY WORK!!!!! i cant believe i never thought about that.. i know, i know what i could do. i could trim out the whole fairing with the ones that look like diamonds and then use the pretty colored ones to outline the head light and turn signals. OH,OH,OH i could also put frills around my seat make a flower pattern on my bitch seat...... OH MAN, i cant wait to get started. off to the craft store i go. thank you so much this would not have been possible without your suggestion.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:13 AM
MotoGP

since i am new to this web site i had no idea that the forum was such a small place. i figured ask the question in a different area of the forum that maybe there would be a different group of people that might be able to help me out..
i was not trying to repost just to repost, i had a reason for doing it not knowing the small size of the forum.
like i said before i love my bike for what it is but i also like to make it my own too. just like my cars, i have a 2010 charger R/T.if i left it the way it was when i got it, it would just be another Charger on the road. so to make it my own i striped all the lables and trim and blacked out the tail lights and chrome tinted the windows. i promise you wont see another like it.... that the same way with my bikes, i like to do something a little different to make it unique.
Ok, so you didn't know... No harm, no foul...

Now you do know... So git yer *** in gear and modify that bike...

Like I said, it's not my thing, but I'm curious about the end result just the same... Swapping in a unmodified swingarm if it doesn't work out isn't that hard...

Like it's been said, the best option with less cost is probably to get a second swing, and go find a local guy to weld it... Cutting off the axle mounts and rewelding them with a spacer should be possible... Probably a good idea to brace it at the same time to keep it from flexing...
Old 06-04-2011, 08:22 AM
Back Marker

superhen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Little_Horse
You send me $400 and I will send you a extended swing arm...
OK, out of some sound advice, and some nonsense, finally your question is answered! Your not going to find a better deal than that, a machinist/welder who knows SHawk swingers. Guess this forum is working out pretty good for ya!
Old 06-04-2011, 08:26 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by superhen
OK, out of some sound advice, and some nonsense, finally your question is answered! Your not going to find a better deal than that, a machinist/welder who knows SHawk swingers. Guess this forum is working out pretty good for ya!

Maybe he thought I was joking but the offer stands. I will even source a stock swing arm to modify.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Back Marker

superhen is on a distinguished road
Well, you may think you'll find a better deal, but then you'll have to do redo it, once, maybe twice. So yeah, $400 for getting what you want the first time = good deal. Plus you keep a forum member in beer $$$...
Old 06-04-2011, 09:14 AM
SuperBike

I thought it was a fair price, there are some swing arms for busa's on ebay for $1500
Old 06-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Why do i have a feeling it's going to end up looking like this......

Extended swingarm-hellokittybusa.jpg

Old 06-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Superstock

that is truly the direction i was hoping to go with mine, hawk. you have some awesome design ideas
Old 06-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk
Why do i have a feeling it's going to end up looking like this......

Attachment 11904

All it needs is an extended swingarm and some asshat with flipflops and a **** helmet riding it.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Superstock

nope just me in pink assless chaps, no shirt and hot pink skull helmet.....
Old 06-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Back Marker

nope just me in pink assless chaps, no shirt and hot pink skull helmet.....

I hear thats a popular option in San Francisco
Old 06-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Superstock

never been but maybe so. MAN I LOVE THIS FORUM
Old 06-19-2011, 04:54 PM
Umm...I'm awesome. Duh...
Squid

shake-n-bake is on a distinguished road
im in daytona. if you really want it done, take it off and bring it down and i should be able to get it done in a week or so if the price is right. it would be awesome if you got an extra one so there would only be one weld line and a cleaner finished look. i still dont like the extended swingarm idea, but what the hell... to each his own i guess...

Last edited by shake-n-bake; 06-19-2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: forgot shit

Quick Reply: Extended swingarm