Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 05:22 PM
The Underdog
Back Marker

Edwards07 is on a distinguished road
Exhaust system

I want to make an exhaust system, and would like it to mimic a gp pipe. I really would like it to look very similar to this Racefit exhaust.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to go about making something like this? I don't want to spend 6 bills a piece for one of these. Any info would be great. Thanks!

-Miles
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust system-k5.jpg  
Old 03-01-2008, 06:12 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Looks to me that you could fix up something from AutoZone or Advanced to accomplish something like this. Note the size of the midpipe - it's huge compared to the stock exhaust.

This isn't all bad but you have to stretch collectors or bushings or whatever you want to call it to get from the stock 1" up to a 2 - 2&1/2.

I think the Thrush cans that I ran on my CJ were in this size range. You may have to take the cans apart to shorten them.

Make sure you live in the country because this is about as open header as it gets and will cause complaints if not warrants for crazy loud.

On another loud note I see that Star Cycle is selling new D&D sets for $439. I don't know if they are the hi-mounts and have been too swamped at work to call them to find out.

I think fuel prices are finally hitting home in princessland. These stupid ****** in their Hummers, on their mobile phones in the fast lane have largely been parked. For every 25 cents gas goes up another thousand motorcycles hit the road.

He buys a Hardley and she get parked.

I guess you have to take the bad with a little good.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:18 PM
The Underdog
Back Marker

Edwards07 is on a distinguished road
Thanks! Ya i saw that the mid pipe on most of those systems are huge! But i think i can get away with a 2inch. I found that i can get a replacement baffle from racefit for around 80 bones. That at least gives me something to work around. I really like that carbon fiber look with it being perfectly round also. I really don't like my ovals, even though my scorpians sound absolutely sick. I wonder where i can find someone to make me a carbon cylinder. Know of anyone?

I could care less about people complaining. There are so many Harley's with way louder pipes. They'll get bitched at before me.

Here is the link to the baffle: http://www.hammythecanman.com/exhaus...wlerBaffle.jpg

-Miles
Old 03-02-2008, 01:03 AM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Hi Miles,
You can find stock carbon fiber tubes on the web, not cheap from what I saw. Here’s one I found. http://www.cstcomposites.com/carbon_fiber_tube.htm I bought stainless tubing bends from Burns Stainless for an exhaust system I made for my car http://www.burnsstainless.com/
Old 03-02-2008, 07:49 AM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
http://vfrworld.com/forums/modificat...hlight=exhaust

I'm experimenting with this on my VTR, I just need to get some muffler packing to wrap around my 4" baffles. I cut off the stock pipes where they expand into the cans. Pics coming one day...
Old 03-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Can't see the pics. Must register and sign in.