Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Anyone needing sliders?

Old 06-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Squid

Windchill is on a distinguished road
Anyone needing sliders?

I'm noob and instead of asking I'll offer the following. http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/ has sliders for our Superhawks. I have not received mine yet but can give you all the thumbs up with regards to the customer service so far. Seller was prompt with e-mail response and assured me my order would be filled in time as promised. all in all WC
Old 06-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Squid

shawkpilot is on a distinguished road
I wonder what keeps the bodywork on it the picture with the frame sliders. It looks like all the fastners were removed. Could be the new weight saving mod, take all the screws out!
Old 06-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Squid

Thanks for the heart attack! Once they arrive I'll post install pics. Hopefully all will be well. WC
Old 06-22-2007, 05:49 PM
SuperBike

ali_squidz is on a distinguished road
I dont see a pic of the bike with them on. they are good lookin sliders tho. Definately post a pic when you get them on!
great price too.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
I see the bottom pic shows them installed, but IMO it's a bad angle. I don't understand how they mount, and if that small steel bracket is the mounting point then I definitely have my doubts about them. The Lightek ones that I (think I) have use a 5/8" thick aluminum bracket that looks and feels beefy. The small steel bracket looks like it'd bend easily on impact.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:56 PM
roll through
Squid

vtrider is on a distinguished road
those kinda look like junk from the pics,I guess some better pics can tell the tale. The LSL have a SUPER beefy mount,the lightning performance look pretty good too
Old 06-30-2007, 11:13 PM
Superstock

Speed_Demon is an unknown quantity at this point
What a cheezy website. I wouldn't buy anything from them. Most of the links don't work. Do you really trust them to offer quality and support?
Old 06-30-2007, 11:17 PM
Superstock

Speed_Demon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Hawkrider
I don't understand how they mount
The slider mounts securely to the thermostat housing which is cushioned by the radiator hoses in a crash. Sounds like a steal to me... as in they steal your money for crap.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:16 AM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
thanks for posting. I'll be interested to see what you think when you have them.

Originally Posted by Windchill
I'm noob and instead of asking I'll offer the following. http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/ has sliders for our Superhawks. I have not received mine yet but can give you all the thumbs up with regards to the customer service so far. Seller was prompt with e-mail response and assured me my order would be filled in time as promised. all in all WC
Old 07-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Squid

Install

I cannot say I am entirely happy with my purchase. The sliders are delivered in what can only be called a presentation case. Aluminum box with foam sleeves for the various parts; very professional looking. The Sliders and mounts seem stout enough to me, even though I think all these sliders look like total crap. Looks leap out the window when your $800 deep in plastic replacement! The right slider mounted up nicely, felt secure and looked decent. The left is another matter. I had to purchase a 1-1/2" SS fender washer to make sure the bolt would cover the hole in the frame. It' s in good shape now but I was severely let down. There are also no instructions for the kit. On the whole I think the kit looks quality and may just be. I'm hoping i don't have to find out. This is my first Japanese multi-cylinder bike after owning two Buell XB's and several single dual sports. So far, FoghornLeghorn, my SuperHawk is a delight. I also fabbed up some soft bag supports out of sheet steel; mounting them to the exhaust hangers. They worked admirably and I'll be visiting the local metal shop for a professional set. I'll get crappy pics up here soon. WC