Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

7" dia. LED Headlight. Anyone buy this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
7" dia. LED Headlight. Anyone buy this?

Has anyone purchased this headlight? Universal Motorcycle 7" Mat Black LED Headlight Suzuki GSF Project Streetfighter | eBay

I have been looking to upgrade the two 65W/100W H3 fog lights that I have been using as headlights (I know, I know). I was looking at new technology, LED's, but for decent quality and decent light output, you pay through the roof. However, I just came across the LED headlight above for a good price. I was seeing if any of you guys purchased this LED headlight, and could tell me if it's worth buying it or not.
Otherwise, I will just go for one or possibly two retrofit projectors.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:26 AM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CruxGNZ
Has anyone purchased this headlight? Universal Motorcycle 7" Mat Black LED Headlight Suzuki GSF Project Streetfighter | eBay

I have been looking to upgrade the two 65W/100W H3 fog lights that I have been using as headlights (I know, I know). I was looking at new technology, LED's, but for decent quality and decent light output, you pay through the roof. However, I just came across the LED headlight above for a good price. I was seeing if any of you guys purchased this LED headlight, and could tell me if it's worth buying it or not.
Otherwise, I will just go for one or possibly two retrofit projectors.
That may be a good deal, at list from the price it is, but I don't see what's the actual output in luminous or lumis. you have to make sure you get enough output for a headlight, the thing that is really good about this is that it's an easy mod to the wiring if any and it takes very little amps to run these lights, as such you can add a Christmas tree of these lights on your bike
Old 07-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
I found this light too for a smokin' price. However, it doesn't have a hi/low beam.
1350 Lumen Superbright LED Utility Light
Old 07-28-2012, 09:45 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
The amount of Lumens are rather pointless... It's like saying my pedal bike goes faster than yours because it's red...

It's how the light is distrbuted and focused that matters for a headlight... A bright light that blinds oncoming drivers and doesn't really have a beam to light the road for you is pretty useless, don't you think?

There's a reason that good LED headlights cost money, and probably also a reason that these are cheap...
Old 07-28-2012, 09:45 AM
SuperBike

scottiemann is on a distinguished road
cheapcycleparts.com type headlight in the search and there are many options with pretty good prices...
Old 07-28-2012, 02:06 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Tweety
The amount of Lumens are rather pointless... It's like saying my pedal bike goes faster than yours because it's red...

It's how the light is distrbuted and focused that matters for a headlight... A bright light that blinds oncoming drivers and doesn't really have a beam to light the road for you is pretty useless, don't you think?

There's a reason that good LED headlights cost money, and probably also a reason that these are cheap...
You are the expert Markus!
Matt (CruxGNZ) take it from here and listen to Tweety's advice, it will save you allot of aggravation!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NHSH
You are the expert Markus!
Matt (CruxGNZ) take it from here and listen to Tweety's advice, it will save you allot of aggravation!
Nu-uh... Not an expert... Just dumb enough to try all the things other people are smart enough to ask first about... So while I haven'tt tried these particular one's... I have tried a bunch or relatively cheap LED variations of headlights... None of them worked well...

Actually, with the price of those, it's not too far off a HID projector... So, I'd rather get one of those, and get real light...
Old 07-29-2012, 07:20 PM
SuperBike

+1 agree, I would go with a projector anyway knowing the benefit you get...