Members Rides Show off your SuperHawk!

Saying Hey,

Old 03-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Back Marker

rooster is on a distinguished road
Saying Hey,

Figured I would finnaly post after veiwing website for almost a year. Still have nothing to offer website in the form of knowledge except my 05 SK is a blast to ride. This also is my first bike I have ridden or owned (I get alot of crap from my riding buddy for getting a 1000cc sport bike). I originally, was looking for a 599 but I just did not fit on it (6'2" 215lbs). I fell in love with the v twin sound and had to have the hawk. The funny thing about owning a Superhawk is everywhere I go someone either had one or knew somebody that had one. I constantly get compements about her. I will probbly get blasted for saying this but IMO learning to ride the hawk is easier than say a 600cc inline. Hawk has tons of torque so I can get lazy with my gear selection. Power is not abrupt like most smaller inline fours and you get engine braking. So far I have been to Deals twice, Blood Mountain once and I ride hwy60 and 64 to Blue Ridge all the time. Only mods done to the bike are Racetech spings in the front and a 5mil shim in the rear coilover (getting Pilot tires this week). I am going to Barber the 31st for my first trackday should be a blast is anyone else going? Will try and post a pic of her later.

P.S. passed a flat black naked Superhawk with red wheels and a standard handlebars in the back of a Ford truck Saturday in Chattanooga, was that someone that post here? If so great job on her.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:43 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Thanks for posting! You don't have to be a fountain of knowledge to hang out here! I'm a prime example You just gotta have a sense of humor and an appreciation for raw power! I would sooner walk as drive an inline 4. My kid's got a 600 inline. Cute little bike. Cute kid - but he's not so little anymore!
Old 03-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Doug,

I thought that was "your" bike now.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Superstock

Birdoprey is an unknown quantity at this point

And as for 600s: Rode the YZF600R to Bikeweek yesterday. The wife won't ride on the back of the 'Hawk ! Jeez, it sucks. Constant shifting, no torque, little engine braking. It does sound good, though, Hindle pipe. Anyway, I was thinking of riding it to work tomorrow, you know, 10,000rpm on the main drag, stuff like that, but I think I'm gonna have to take the 'Hawk...

Oops... sorry...
Old 03-11-2007, 07:21 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hawkrider
Doug,

I thought that was "your" bike now.
Indeed! I own a little bike! Just proves to you why you should keep your grades up!
Old 03-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Back Marker

The only flaw I have found with the Superhawk so far is the fact that its looks are a little dated. I love the looks of naked sportbikes and wish Honda would reintroduce the SK or the RC51 as a naked model. The power of a V twin, the looks of a Monster and the reliability of a Honda. I belive the downfall of the SK is the fact Honda never improved on it over the years. Also, the target market would either buy a SK, 919 or a VFR. IMO Honda could have done better buy combining two of the models such as the 919 and the Superhawk together. Then people like us wouldnt have to spend money making the SK naked instead we could just buy it that way. Let me get off my soapbox. Ironically, now I am looking for a cheap, slightly damaged 600cc sportbike to do trackdays on. I am more than a little hesitant about taking the Superhawk on the track. I found a 1998 F3 in the paper that is a good possibility. From what my freind said they a pretty much bulletproof and I wouldnt feel too bad if I lowsided it. My goal is to be a better rider thru the turns and finally lose those pesky 1/4 chickenstips on the D204s.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
The only reason the Superhawk looks dated is because of the single headlight. If they were to graft some 1000RR-type headlights on then it'd be the **** again. Hmmm, I wonder if I could do some Photoshop work?

Naw, I suck at PS!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:05 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
where do you live Rooster?

And Welcome...
Old 03-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Back Marker

Chattanooga, TN. Sorry it takes so long to reply, work for some reason doesnt want us to play on the internet. I guess they want me to acually do work. Bummer