Members Rides Show off your SuperHawk!

bags for the SH

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Squid

the1bolton is on a distinguished road
I have a set of the corbin beetle bags. I'm relatively happy with them for basics but they can't carry as much as they look like they can (they use the bag's internal room for a turn signal bulb). I want to cut out the bulb section and the back and re-fiberglass it to be bigger either this winter or spring and replace the bulbs with some form of smaller turn signal setup. I am pretty sure I will be much happier then.

Lots of work... but I really like being able to lock my bags on my bike when I go places. Also they protect stuff inside rather well. Recently dropped the bike when my knee gave out in the driveway and the bags hardly even noticed it. I hate that they don't easily come off the bike when I want to unload them.

my girlfriend has some fieldsheer contour saddlebags on her ninja 650R and loves them. When she dumped her bike and they were sacrificed (instead of her leg) she instantly bought another set. Used them for a trip (almost) to Canada. No idea if they fit on the superhawk well.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Superstock

Bearshawk is on a distinguished road
love all the pictures guys! this is great and dannyz i love the paint on the VTR! i recently did my old kawi 650 almost the same color, except i got my paint from a guy who did old chryslers, its something like island teal blue looks pretty snazzy
Old 11-26-2010, 01:05 AM
Squid

gordthebiker is on a distinguished road

I use a Motofizz bag for the Firestorm. I had the Monorack for my xjr1300 but the position on the VTR worried me (too far back).

My buddy's solution for the r1 was to take the seat cover off the tail section and bolt the Givi plate through it as seen in the pic below....

Old 11-26-2010, 07:11 AM
Back Marker

Furrybiker is on a distinguished road
Nothing wrong with Teal or Jerez Blue as it was known!!
Attached Thumbnails bags for the SH-10042010346.jpg