Group Rides Get together with fellow riders...

Riders in Northern Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 08:50 PM
SuperSport

reaper is on a distinguished road
For those of us who rode Saturday in sub-freezing but very sunny weather it was a nice ride, particularly Hotbrakes doing the donut out in front of Hooters.....well done!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:29 AM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
Thunderstorm

Here's some pics of the afternoon thunderstorm that went through central Virginia on Saturday. There was even a twister that spiraled down to the ground haha. (I spun out on cold tires and cold pavement)
Attached Thumbnails Riders in Northern Virginia-bikesrear.jpg   Riders in Northern Virginia-bikesfront.jpg  
Old 12-03-2007, 09:44 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice ride guys. Enjoyed the wheelies. Good to meet you Reaper. Also, nice to have plenty of EMTs around on the ride!

I was surprised to see it was only down 46 deg. when I got home... it felt a bit cooler by then.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:47 PM
SuperSport

Reaper and I went out today for a spirited exploration of unknown territory. We chose an area below AP Hill southish of Bowling Green. We ended up in King and Queen County and King William. We found some pretty good roads and some not so good roads. There was NO traffic and plenty of places to pass the few slow movers we did encounter. We were lost for most of the ride, but I remember the names of the good roads.

L8RGYZ- you need to take off during the week! We have some good rides with no traffic and I try to stay at a sensible pace and just blast the turns. I plan on getting out Sunday 4/6 if you're in. I got your message about bike night, and I almost made it last week, but I had spent the day with Hooks (929) while he got his shoulder reattached after a non motorcycle related mishap. Let me know!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Pew Pew...lasers
Superstock

taskmasta is on a distinguished road
Sup...fellow nova superhawk rider here. Let me know the next ride you go on. Maybe I'll have new tires put on my hawk by then. If not...I'll just take the VFR out.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:27 PM
SuperSport

VA riders...Heading to the mountains Sunday. Meeting in Oilville around 10am off of I64/250. If you wanna go let me know.

Task Masta...I'll probably ride the VFR so if you ride yours, you won't be the minority.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:04 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Hotbrakes
L8RGYZ- you need to take off during the week! We have some good rides with no traffic and I try to stay at a sensible pace and just blast the turns.
Never saw your post on 4/2, but thanks for the call today. Looking forward to Sunday.

Sorry to hear abt. Hooks... that dude needs to take up some safer sports!

I like the sensible pace on the straights, but I'll be taking some video, so I'm counting on you doing some big monos. (Or doesn't the VFR play that way?)
Old 04-12-2008, 09:09 PM
SuperSport

Well unfortunately I'll be V4ing tomorrow. I'm not sure if the Hawk is road worthy for a 500 mile ride, plus another guy is riding his VFRer so I can't leave him out. The VFR feels more solid in the turns too, maybe its the smooth power delivery, or the new tires, or the extra 50lbs. I dunno, but we'll have fun either way. See ya bright and early.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:04 PM
jb
Squid

jb
hey,
Im in md near harpers ferry.
let me know if anyone wants to ride.

jay
Old 04-14-2008, 05:52 AM
SuperSport

L8RGYZ- Awesome ride yesterday. That was one of the best rides I've ever been on if not the best. I'm not sure how you know your way around like that, but it was nice not having to turn around and wonder where we are half the time. Let's do it again next Sunday.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:56 AM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by taskmasta
Sup...fellow nova superhawk rider here. Let me know the next ride you go on. Maybe I'll have new tires put on my hawk by then. If not...I'll just take the VFR out.
Doing my tires on Thursday or Friday at Reaper's house. See if you can figure out a way to carry yours down on the bike and we'll get em mounted for you and then ride. It takes an hour to do front and rear on the bike. Oh, and you should've ridden the VFR yesterday with us. That ride was perfect for the Viffer, long and twisty.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:37 AM
SuperBike

I'm not sure how you know your way around like that...
Ha Ha ... fooled ya! You know it's funny, I don't think we had to backtrack even once. At my age that's a miracle.

- Hey - this thread is getting ancient. We need a fresh one for the next ride. -

Last edited by L8RGYZ; 04-15-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Pew Pew...lasers
Superstock

taskmasta is on a distinguished road
Doing my tires on Thursday or Friday at Reaper's house. See if you can figure out a way to carry yours down on the bike and we'll get em mounted for you and then ride. It takes an hour to do front and rear on the bike. Oh, and you should've ridden the VFR yesterday with us. That ride was perfect for the Viffer, long and twisty.
I was out of town on Sunday. I was in Jersey. Let me know when the next ride is. I can probably go this weekend on Sunday. I have football on Saturdays.