Group Rides Get together with fellow riders...

North Virginia ride on SKYLINE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 06:25 AM
Brooks' Cycle Centre'
Back Marker

superchickencornermonster is on a distinguished road
North Virginia ride on SKYLINE!!!

For those of you that don't know me, I'm Jason, the owner of Brooks' Cycle Centre' in Fairfax, VA. Through no fault of my own, I've not been very involved in riding lately. With the shop, my kids, my broken bike and the move to Fairfax, I have been lacking. All the while helping me out around the shop, at home and on the road is a good friend I call Luis. I met Luis right after my accident, so him and I have not been riding together, but I promised him the weekend after the fourth, we will be going to the mountains. Well, him and I finally got my bike back in to commission this past Friday and we ae anxiously awaiting the big ride into the mountains. I know noone here has been on a ride with me, but trust me, there will be no straight roads where I go. When you go on one of my rides, you have an absolute BLAST!! (and I don't mean Buell). I aim to make this Skyline run no different. Luis has been a great friend, a powerful allie and my new Mechanic. So please help me welcome Fennec to the great SkyLine and come out with us for one great ride!!

[color=blue]On July 12th, Luis and I are leading a trip down skyline drive, anyone that wants to come, please RSVP. Below is the itinerary.
0900: Meet at the StarBucks on 29th in Fairfax: ADDY: 11725 Lee Highway Fairfax, VA 22030
1000: Leave StarBucks Skyline
To get to skyline, we are taking '66' to Warrenton, then 211. We are going down skyline as far as 64 for our turn-around point and mid-riding snacks. Then back up the Skyline. We plan on taking 211 back out to the a small tavern called the Griffin for a celebratory lager with some lads. After that, we are going to hit "Cresthill Rd" back to '66' right next to Winchester. After that, it's a quick 20 mile scoot back to Fairfax. That should put us back in Fairfax right around sundown about 8:30 or 9:00. Luis and I will be going to "Fast Eddie's" for a few beers and some pool, if anyone is interested. Here's the addy for there if anyone wants to meet up after the ride: 14114 Lee Hwy Centreville, VA 20120.
LET'S RIDE!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Pew Pew...lasers
Superstock

taskmasta is on a distinguished road
Hmmm...that's my girl's birthday weekend. I'll see if I can sneak away for a couple of hours.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:34 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
I hope the ride went well. I've heard that Skyline and 211 are heavily patrolled these days so I usually stay way down south and end up taking the BRP up to 64 to head home. If yall want to come down for that loop, let me know. It is definitely worth it, no straight roads after Fredericksburg. I work in Manassas so we could meet up around there.