General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

A Zen moment on the hawk

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 07:42 PM
SuperSport

yruyur is on a distinguished road
A Zen moment on the hawk

I have been riding my Hawk for almost a year now but things aboslutely changed for me this weekend. Me and a few friends went through Prescott from Phoenix through our normal twisties.

But this time was different. I have never felt so in tune with the bike. It was a beautiful day, the roads were clean of gravel, the temperature was perfect and I had good tunes in my helmet. Corners that once made me cringe a little, I wanted more of. I felt myself getting lower and lower in each turn. I have never felt so conifdent in taking corners.

Hearing the engine grumble combined with surroundings changing as we went higher in altitude was amazing. I just loved the power and pulling hard out of the corners.

My wife on the back was perfect, as I forgot she was there at times. For the first time ever I have been able to remove all my chicken strips. I must say I got a little cocky at some points and actually put my hand down on the ground in corners. Enough to put a few holes in my glove.

All I know is I have been riding for 15+ years and have never such a zen moment. I can only hope that everyone gets to have a moment like that.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:44 PM
SuperSport

yruyur is on a distinguished road
Oh yeah, we wanted to check out Inderockers shop but the forum was down for most of that day so we couldn't get the address. We will make it up there soon.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:49 PM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
There is one particular ride for me that was like that. I was alone, ridng as the sun was setting and just in tune. The road was perfect, my frame of mind was perfect.

I'll never forget it.

Thanks for sharing it!
Old 11-15-2009, 10:21 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
I've been riding for 40 years and have had many wonderful rides that i refer to as being "in the zone", and some of those have occurred 2 up, but unfortunately, not with my wife. She beats on my back and wreaks havoc if ride at even 75%, consequently, I've had to banish her from riding, once for as long as a year.
On a couple of those "in the zone" rides, me and my bike had to return on the back of a truck, one was when I demo'd the hawk. Be careful of those feelings of grandeur cause they can bite you.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:17 AM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
I have had a few "Zen" moments with the hawk in the 4 yrs I have had her. Most of the time they occur late into the season on a favorite well known road. It is the feeling of being completely relaxed while at the same time just blazing an amazing pace, great feeling, addicting.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Superstock

NCDave is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I've had several of them too. My favorite was probably when riding an older VX800 across the Cherahola Skyway. Empty roads, perfect curves.

Funny how it works too. There are some days that it doesn't feel "good" just as well.