Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

FS: 2002 996 (Black Hawk) Super Hawk

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 05:32 AM
Squid

BiG_hUsS is on a distinguished road
FS: 2002 996 (Black Hawk) Super Hawk

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/mcy/1447692144.html

I have a 2002 VTR 1000 Super Hawk 996 for sale. Bike has around 12,1XX miles on it. Still ride it occasionally. Bike rides great, and sounds amazing from the V-twin motor. I get compliments all the time from the sound. I am selling this bike to fund another project. Last service was around 11, 500.

There are a few modifications on the bike and I will sell with a few items. Those items are listed below.

Flush mount LED turn signals.
Underbody tail kit.
Racing exhaust. (Not sure what brand. They are unbadged)
Stock exhaust.
Tinted windscreen.
Stock clear windscreen.
Medium HJC helmet.
XL Frank Thomas gloves.
Service manual.

For $150 XXL Fulmer helmet with mirror shield and clear shield.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Superstock

ttocsmai is on a distinguished road
Looks good, but I just bought one. I do like the back lights, where did you get them?
Old 11-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
By the looks of it, your exhaust clamps are swapped left to right. The exhaust should sit with the long side of the oval vertical.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:03 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by ttocsmai
Looks good, but I just bought one. I do like the back lights, where did you get them?

When I bought the bike, it came like it is. I have added nothing to it. However, If I recall, the guy said he bought the lights and made a bracket for them and the licence plate. I thought it looked pretty good.

Do you guy's think it is a good deal? I need to get this thing gone, I have a desperate need to throw some money into my '65 Chevrolet C-10.

Thank you for the compliment by the way.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:07 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by Hawkrider
By the looks of it, your exhaust clamps are swapped left to right. The exhaust should sit with the long side of the oval vertical.
Yes, you are correct. I don't know a whole lot about the mechanical parts. So I never knew what brand exhaust was on this bike. So I took a pic and posted here, and someone else (may have been you) brought the same point up. I haven't had a chance to get out to the garage to switch them. I do see your point though.

I know these bikes aren't highly sought after, however I know they have a loyal following. Most people either love them or hate them sound wise. I am one that loves it. Do you think it will be beneficial to put this on ebay as well?
Old 11-03-2009, 07:30 AM
SuperSport

Rollin20z is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ttocsmai
Lights are actually part of the PIT-ECK undertail and should have integrated turn signals in the tail light/brakes so the additional turns aren't needed unless they are just wanted. Here is a pic of mine when I had a set of LP tag turns installed also. I believe there is someone on e-bay who sells the undertail for like a 100 pl/sh.
Attached Thumbnails FS: 2002 996 (Black Hawk) Super Hawk-dscn6363.jpg  
Old 11-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by Rollin20z
Lights are actually part of the PIT-ECK undertail and should have integrated turn signals in the tail light/brakes so the additional turns aren't needed unless they are just wanted. Here is a pic of mine when I had a set of LP tag turns installed also. I believe there is someone on e-bay who sells the undertail for like a 100 pl/sh.
Yes, you are correct. They signal as well. However, when signaling they don't really "pop" out at you. I like having the extra signals. I do like the under tail kit though. I like yours as well, very streamlined.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:06 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Rollin20z
Rollin (if that's your VTR),

I see your rear stand (what make? looks like a single arm Pit Bull) engages spools (bobbins) on the swing arm but can't tell it instead of spools its actually a rod going through the axle with slider spools threaded on.

If they are in fact spools either bolted to bosses welded to the underside of the swing arm (SA) or to rivet nuts in the side wall of the SA, don't the spools hit your cans on full compression? If not, what is the CL of the spools relative to he top of the SA and how far forward of the axle?

I drilled my SA and installed rivet nuts to receive the spool bolts but had to artfully grind the length & diameter of the ends of the (Pit Bull) spools quite a bit so they just clear from hitting the SA side of my 2Bros oval cans. Even still after ALSO shimming out the cans a bit from the brackets & rotating the cans so their bottom side angles outward a twit, the spools still have scratched the SA side of the cans!

I guess a level side view photo with a scale in the frame would help...