Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

Dainese Zen Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 05:49 AM
Back Marker

senecagreen
Dainese Zen Jacket

I recently bought this jacket and it fits like it was hand tailored. A very good leather jacket and I would recommend it. It comes with a full removable liner. It has perforated chest panels and front side of sleeve panels. Made of heavy leather. And fits american riders in the chest area. Also has armor everywhere except the back. I bought the G1 back protector. It is even tailored to take into account the space the back protector takes up so it doesn't affect the fit.

I tried the Alpinestar leather jackets but they felt funny in the chest and shoulder area when just standing around. Both Alpinestar and Dainese are cut for riding. The Dainese didn't feel tight in the chest and shoulder area when standing and it is still cut for the riding position.

I also bought the Hellracer gloves which I would highly recommend. I have had my eye on this jacket since Christmas but didn't want to spend the $430. I bought it when I got my 20% off coupon in my Cycle Gear catalog.

Jacket: $344 (20% off)
Back Protector: $70
Hellracer Gloves: $140

I worked a little overtime to buy all this but it was well worth it. The Jacket is nice enough to make you want to wear it as a dress jacket. Both Alpinestar and Dainese are cut for european riders but the Dainese seems to have a little extra room in the chest for american riders chest and shoulders.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:32 AM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
All the Dainese stuff is really nice but it's pricey! I try to shop the sales and specials but you rarely see their stuff on the clearance rack. Not even much in the used department either. That means that the guys that buy it, wear it and keep it. For now I'm still hanging my dollars on the bike rather than my body! I've got some Frank Thomas, Cortech, Shift and First Gear. The cut of the First Gear jacket is just as you describe the Alpinestars - too small for Mericun riders through the shoulders and chest. The only time I don't feel cramped is on the bike.