General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

What's the worst that you've seen?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 08:20 AM
Squid

ZTurtle is on a distinguished road
What's the worst that you've seen?

I recently went to look at a hawk for sale. It was cheap, so I expected it to be rough. I hoped for a bike that had been well mantained, but recently neglected by the current owner. You know, fork valves, pads, chain and sprocket, those sort of things.
Instead I got this (form my previous thread):

"This thing was one of the worst pieces of rolling monstrosity that I have ever seen on two wheels. It was rougher than an ex wife with five kids.
It was missing a lower fairing. It's front tire was worn out. The rear rotor was eaten up - it not only had grooves, but it was lumpy. The front rotors were warped.
The paint looked like it had sand mixed in it.
The left clip was only half there under the grip - when you grabbed it, the end flapped.
The sprocket was bucktoothed, and the engine block had paint pencil on it. The stock cans had been pulled apart, baffles torn out, and screwed back together(and the screws were rusting out).
The clutch lever wobbled.
The rear subframe was polished in some parts, rusting in other parts. The frame was kinda polished....to a rough swirl.
Bad miss, coughing through the carb(prolly due to the unbaffled exhaust).
It had a set of really really shiny passenger pegs.
And oh yeah - it leaked oil.
I could go on and on, but really - it was bad even for $1k. The only way the bike would be worth it would be for parts....but I couldn't find a single part on it that wasn't jacked up.
I can't believe that anyone would drive it down the road."

Share with me the descriptions of worst bikes that you ever saw ridden. I mean the BAD stuff. The ones that made you watch them go just to see the horrendous accident caused by neglect and afro engineering.
Bring the funny!
Old 11-19-2010, 09:28 AM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
I had an old yamaha 500 at one time. it was all rusted out and I used to try to get it running every once in a while. Fortunately it was kick start, so the battery didn't hold me back. I used to run it out the country roads. The suspension was totally shot, so it was a fun experience.

I also bought a cheap suzuki that I rode home from purchasing it. No fork fluid in the front end. bald tires. at least the headlight worked.

What you described above is junkyard material.