RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Cyko Wheels USA - worst service ever!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 02:59 AM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Cyko Wheels USA - worst service ever!!

Well another deadline goes by from this guy Larry Brown, and still my order is not finished. He says stuff like "I'll do it next week", "I'll do it tomorrow", "Working on it now", "Will ship to you on Friday" and it never happens. It is just BS, and he cannot be trusted.

I ordered these wheels on the 6th December 2007, and was told I would have them in 3 weeks, and now on 31st July 2008 I still do not have wheels to fit to my bike.

They have been paid for in full, which by the time you pay for sprockets and freight etc was just under $3000 AUD.

The correspondence that has been exchanged with this deal is staggering-

I have in my email inbox 52 emails about this. I don't know how many more have been deleted.

I have sent 89 emails.

I can't estimate how many phone calls have been made to Larry at Cyko. I know some weeks the retailer has called him every day. A lot of the time he does not answer his phone, and he does not often return our calls now.

For the last week he has not answered a call or replied to an email.

This is the worst service I have ever received from any business in my entire life. But I won't give up. He has my money, and I want my wheels.

I AM NOT HAPPY!!!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 09:28 AM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Shayne;

Pretty outrageous situation. I'd never heard of this outfit until I read your post. I went to the Cykoracing website and the first thing I noticed is that there is no physical address listed for the company.

I'm reluctant to do business with people who don't wish to tell me upfront where they are located.

I did some poking around in online business directories and found Cyko racing listed as a "manufacturer" with an address of 160 East Loma Alta Drive, Altadena, Ca. 91001.

Looked up that address on Google Earth and it is a home in a residential neighborhood.

No listing for a "Larry Brown" at that address. The address is listed as the residence of a woman named Suzanne Madison, phone number unlisted.

I hope you get the product you paid for, and maybe you will, but this Cyko looks like a strange sort of business to me.

Last edited by RK1; 07-31-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:47 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
sorry to hear Shayne. If he lived nearby I'd gladly volunteer to pay him a visit for you. Not sure how you paid him but if by credit card perhaps you could try to get a reimbursement...
Old 07-31-2008, 10:37 AM
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport

hawxter996 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by RK1
Shayne;

Pretty outrageous situation. I'd never heard of this outfit until I read your post. I went to the Cykoracing website and the first thing I noticed is that there is no physical address listed for the company.

I'm reluctant to do business with people who don't wish to tell me upfront where they are located.

I did some poking around in online business directories and found Cyko racing listed as a "manufacturer" with an address of 160 East Loma Alta Drive, Altadena, Ca. 91001.

Looked up that address on Google Earth and it is a home in a residential neighborhood.

No listing for a "Larry Brown" at that address. The address is listed as the residence of a woman named Suzanne Madison, phone number unlisted.

I hope you get the product you paid for, and maybe you will, but this Cyko looks like a strange sort of business to me.

cyko racing 1-888-295-6999

keep at them.

i called got recorded greeting ,they may be folding.
never heard of them myself.

good luck.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:41 AM
Superstock

pigwings
Some police departments will check into this kind of thing.
Happened to me with a ebay slime-seller. Got my $ back.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:52 AM
SuperSport

haknslash is on a distinguished road
Yeah never heard of them either. The business name alone scares me LOL. sorry to hear of you going thru this. Hopefully you paid with a credit card and can get your money back.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:34 PM
RK1
MotoGP

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/...topic=126045.0

Shayne isn't the only one to have had problems with Larry Brown of Cyko Racing Wheels. This guy FINALLY got a refund.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:51 PM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Shayne needs to fill out the complaint forms that the guy in the Hayabusa forum filled out, or have one of us Yanks do it as his proxy. The ******** needs to pay people back and then go away.

federal trade commission
better business bureau
attorney generals office in california

No offense Shayne, but the bullshit ad copy on his website should have been a clue as to what doing business with this guy would be like.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:18 PM
RK1
MotoGP

http://ag.ca.gov/contact/complaint_form.php?cmplt=CL

Shayne, here's a link for the online complaint form at the California Attorney General's office if you want to use it.

Also might be a good idea to sign up and post to the Hayabusa forum at the link above.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:31 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

newb007 is on a distinguished road
ALL PUBLIC INFO BELOW
Public DNS info for cykoracing.com

Registrant:
Larry
274 west Las Flores Dr.
Altadena, California 91001
US

Registrar: DOMAINBANK
Domain Name: CYKORACING.COM
Created on: 13-DEC-02
Expires on: 14-DEC-08
Last Updated on: 15-DEC-06

Administrative, Technical Contact:
Brown, Larry *******@arelli.com
Arelli Design
274 west Las Flores Dr.
Altadena, California 91001
US

Business is registered to the guys home address. His other wheel business is also listed below. I don't know if he just works there or is still employed but they are registered with that business.

Arelli Wheels (arelli.com)
Phone:323 837-0862
2925 Vail Av Commerce, CA 90040

This is a business park and most likely where they fabricate the wheels. Everything gathered is public information and might help you track the guy down or someone who will listen.

Registrant:
Arelli Alloy Wheels
4525 W. Jefferson Bl.
Los Angeles, CA 90016
US

Domain Name: ARELLI.COM

Administrative Contact :
Johnson, Kelly
KellyRoJo@AOL.COM
4525 W JEFFERSON BLVD
LOS ANGELES, CA 90016-4004
US
Phone: (213) 733-0403
Fax: (213) 733-0423
Old 07-31-2008, 06:15 PM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
You need someone to crack some skulls! I hate guys like this.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:06 AM
SuperSport

Wow!!!!!

Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. Being from Australia I don't know what US law alows me to do. So I will look at the info you guys have given me to see what I can do.

I will put up a post in the general section asking anyone who lives nearby to go check it out for me, to see if the business is still open. My concern is that it has closed down now. The address I have is the same as you guys found.

Thanks again,
Shayne
Old 08-01-2008, 01:25 AM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by shayne
Wow!!!!!

Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. Being from Australia I don't know what US law alows me to do. So I will look at the info you guys have given me to see what I can do.

I will put up a post in the general section asking anyone who lives nearby to go check it out for me, to see if the business is still open. My concern is that it has closed down now. The address I have is the same as you guys found.

Thanks again,
Shayne

Shayne;

I don't know about Cyko, whether it is still around or what, but Larry Brown is listed as both the President and owner of "Arelli Wheels" and "Arelli Alloy Wheels".

Why would a guy with both commercial and industrial addresses for his wheel businesses register Cyko at some woman's house in a residential neighborhood? It doesn't smell right from the get go.

Even if the legal options don't help, maybe we can make enough noise to convince Larry Brown to send your product or send you a refund.

Failing that, we can tell the world he's a bag of **** and make his life as difficult as possible.

Hate to see a fellow member of The English Speaking People Of The World get ripped off!
Old 08-01-2008, 01:54 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Strong thumbs up for the superhawk mafia! We could have been a biker gang in another life. Or maybe we are now in a different way. Drop me a line if you guys visit The City, my superhawk is parked in front of the club I manage.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:55 AM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
Strong thumbs up for the superhawk mafia! We could have been a biker gang in another life. Or maybe we are now in a different way. Drop me a line if you guys visit The City, my superhawk is parked in front of the club I manage.

Now what would a guy from the little provincial burg called NYC know about the mafia?

Ha. I spent most of my formative years across the river in and around Passaic and Paterson, and a portion of my very young adulthood among the hookers, drug dealers and hippies in Genovese territory (4th street between A and B). Long ago and far away.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:45 AM
SuperSport

Yeah, it is not looking good now, after what you guys have told me. Looks like a very dodgy set-up with the addresses.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:52 AM
Squid

supertrooper is on a distinguished road
i dont know about the aussie credit card companies but when i had problems with a company not sending my items i called the card company and filled a complant over the phone and 3 days later the card company called and said they got my money back for me. that might be your best option because the credit card company has better lawyers than you and they will do all the leg work for you.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:16 AM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by supertrooper
i dont know about the aussie credit card companies but when i had problems with a company not sending my items i called the card company and filled a complant over the phone and 3 days later the card company called and said they got my money back for me. that might be your best option because the credit card company has better lawyers than you and they will do all the leg work for you.
+1 my sister was able to do this and it worked, you just have to file a little bit of paperwork with the credit card company. Good luck
Old 08-01-2008, 10:56 PM
SuperSport

It wasn't a credit card transaction, so nothing can be done there. Legal action will commence on Monday, so we shall see where that gets us.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:21 AM
Thats Mr Dill hole to you
Superstock

filter69 is on a distinguished road
Did some of my own snooping heres pictures of the buildings and surrounding area i think you could call some of these bussinesses next to his shops and ask if there still around etc .....

this is arelli wheels building here
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...54984632184588

and then the suposed fabrication shop
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...65628048929493

Also this is where he lives supposedly
you could always send pics and say i know where u live and im coming for you:>
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...48819473100833

Last edited by filter69; 08-02-2008 at 01:27 AM. Reason: add info
Old 08-02-2008, 08:02 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb There is strength in numbers...

...Is it time for another SOG DNS rally? Worked for Ali a while back...

Old 08-02-2008, 09:18 PM
SuperSport

Hopefully the threat of legal action will get him moving. Fingers crossed!
Old 08-03-2008, 12:22 AM
RK1
MotoGP

http://www.whitepages.com/search/Rev...caltime=survey

Did reverse address search on the Commerce, Ca. address. Note several businesses listed. No listing for "Arelli" per se.

Victor Boyce listed as Arelli sales manager. An Alex Thomas now listed as "owner".

Both with 323-720-3100 phone #.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:26 AM
RK1
MotoGP

A bit more online detecting FWIW.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/D398278.html
Custom wheel - Patent D398278

Larry Brown listed the 274 W. Las Flores address in this patent.

WhitePages.com - Online Directory Assistance

Reverse search shows a phone # for Suzanne Madison.

Where does she live?

Same address as Cykoracing.com

The Cykoracing.com website was created by an outfit named Allegra Consulting.

http://www.allegraconsulting.net/main.htm
Allegra Consulting - Las Vegas Advertising, Marketing, Graphic Design, & Consumer Research Firm

Who owns Allegra Consuting?

http://www.fontana.org/main/mgmt_ser...ting%2C+Inc%2E
Business License Information

Suzanne Madison, 160 E. Loma Alta Drive, Altadena, Ca. 91001 listed phone# 626-227-7160

Last edited by RK1; 08-03-2008 at 01:36 AM.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:46 AM
RK1
MotoGP

http://kepler.ss.ca.gov/corpdata/ShowList
California Secretary of State - California Business Search - Corporation Search Results

Arelli Alloy Wheels Inc. corporate status per California Sect. of State Office;

Suspended.

http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/corp/...p.htm#statinfo
California Business Portal - California Business Search - Corporations - Display and Status Definitions

"The California corporation has lost all rights and powers for failure to meet the statutory filing requirements of either the Secretary of States office or the Franchise Tax Board."
Old 08-03-2008, 04:18 AM
RK1
MotoGP

Shayne;

I just reread your original post mentioning "the retailer" has been calling Larry Brown every day. Over here it is the responsibility of the retailer to either deliver the goods or give you a refund. Is it different there?
Old 08-03-2008, 06:18 AM
ATGATT
Superstock

newb007 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RK1
A bit more online detecting FWIW.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/D398278.html
Custom wheel - Patent D398278

Larry Brown listed the 274 W. Las Flores address in this patent.

Reverse search shows a phone # for Suzanne Madison.

Where does she live?

Same address as Cykoracing.com

The Cykoracing.com website was created by an outfit named Allegra Consulting.

http://www.allegraconsulting.net/main.htm
Allegra Consulting - Las Vegas Advertising, Marketing, Graphic Design, & Consumer Research Firm

Who owns Allegra Consuting?

http://www.fontana.org/main/mgmt_ser...ting%2C+Inc%2E
Business License Information

Suzanne Madison, 160 E. Loma Alta Drive, Altadena, Ca. 91001 listed phone# 626-227-7160

Sounds like Suzanne and Larry have a little business ring going
Old 08-03-2008, 03:39 PM
SuperSport

Hmmmm... the plot thickens. Looks like he is in trouble doesn't it? Hope I can get a result.

As for the retailer being responsible, I think that it is my problem in this case. The retailer wanted to cancel the order months ago and get a refund, and I told him not to. He agreed to do what I wanted. So I certainly can't blame him for this.

Getting wheels for the VTR is not easy now, as a few companies that used to make them no longer do. Oz, Carozzeria and I think also Marchesini have also stopped production. Because of this I wanted to persist with the order.

Then I received one wheel!!!!!!!!!! Why I only got one I will never know. Cyko stated the other one must have been lost, and that he would send me another one. I asked for the tracking number to track the box, to see if we could find it. Cyko could not tell me a tracking number, so I figure it never got sent. He was VERY quick to offer too send a new one, rather then find the first box sent.

So of course after I got the rear wheel, I figured the second wouldn't be too far away. How wrong I was........

I really want the job to be completed, as the wheel I have is fantastic. I can't fault the quality. I also think that it is better for him to give me the second wheel than a full refund. But if he has been closed down then this is unlikley to happen.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:14 AM
SuperSport

Well , this finally got done. I think that Cyko went bust, so I had to do the work myself to get them fitted. I will post up some pics in another thread.

Thank you to all you guys that offered me some help, it was appreciated.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:26 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
so you got the second wheel finally??

Quick Reply: Cyko Wheels USA - worst service ever!!