General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

What's the dumbest thing anyones ever said/asked about your Hawk or Gear?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Back Marker

Hawknut
After I removed my gloves and helmet at a gas stop,a guy came up to me and said " I bet if you caught your kid ridding your bike like that you you would never let him on it again "
Old 03-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Back Marker

bigpat123
Originally Posted by kmm996
I actaully had a cop ask me...
Cop: Is it fast?
Me: I dunno. All I know is, it does 55 mph just fine.
Cop (laughing): Good Answer...
you know i had the same conversation with a local cop about my car(08 honda accord coupe v6, man) and i made the mistake by saying it would outrun his patrol car easy.
0-60=5.8 accord
0-60=6.2 patrol car

well he followed me very closely for about 15 miles till we hit county line...i wont make that mistake again.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Greenmeansgo!
Back Marker

Reason is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bigpat123
Best question I ever got...
"So you ride huh?"

No i walk around with a jacket, helmet and gloves just cause i am scared i may fall down.

I kid you not i got this from a cager as i lifted my leg over the bike on my way into work...
O/T but one of my favorite stories from when I was a mover: We're on a 3rd floor apartment. My coworker has a wardrobe box full of clothes on his back, going downstairs, to the truck. Random neighbor says "So, moving out or moving in?" My coworker says in his best Forrest Gump voice, "I don't know, I just like carrying these boxes up and down the stairs."
Old 03-27-2009, 04:01 PM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
"my dad's harley is faster than that!!!"

what's funnier, he was actually referring to my zx-11!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 04:12 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MLB
So did they work on it?

And did you let them??

Yeah the guy did it on the side...got it back didn't fit right...he got layed off and disappeared...nice right?
Old 03-27-2009, 04:22 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Come to think of it more of my personal favorites are these: I got in a pretty bad accident about 10 years ago when some moron lost control of his car on the highway. Almost (should've) died, couldn't walk/run for a year, superhawk was actually ripped in half. I bled from four places on my leg, ankle and foot for four months. Broke my leg in two places bad, tore ligaments in my knee, fucked up my ankle and foot and broke all five toes, two almost completely ripped off. Went back to work after two months because I was going insane at home and used to always hear "You're STILL limping???" I'd roll up my pant leg and they would choke and shut the **** up. All I would hear after I finally got better was "You're not still riding are you????" Yeah ******** like I was going to stop...
Old 03-27-2009, 05:17 PM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I got: Didn't you learn anything from the last one?

But my favorite was the ebay ad, when I bought my '00 Super Hawk.

It said "360 miles on the odometer, with mild cosmetic damage".

I got the bike - 360 miles alright, and a fair amount of mild cosmetic damage - scratched fairing, broken lever, broken turn signals, cheesy aftermarket mirrors, etc. But the guy at the shop took the 360 mile tire off and put his old, worn out tire on and a dead battery. Then I noticed blue sealant on the side cover that covered a broken clutch basket with 3-4 fingers missing.

I sent him a nastygram, noting that I had not left feedback for him yet and listed every little and big thing I could find wrong. He sent me a big box of brand new OEM Honda parts! Ahhh, redemption.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Squid

Johnny_Rocket is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by finepooch
"my dad's harley is faster than that!!!"

what's funnier, he was actually referring to my zx-11!!!
Just look defiantly at the wee brat and say "from the looks of you... he'll run out of ***** before he runs out of bike!"
Old 03-27-2009, 09:22 PM
MLB
Back Marker

MLB is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by swordfish
your speed has nothing to do with your safety. you could be going 300 and be safer than walking. what you do with your speed can be dangerous. I am far safer weaving my way through traffic than I am if I'm sitting behind a semi doing 45. and while you might not be going very fast, whose safer? the guy on the cruiser doing 40 with 5 cars lined up behind him staring off into the distance cause "the view is so pretty"? or the guy doing 65 who is focused on the road?
That's just silly.
Speed has EVERYthing to do with your safetly.
And riding a cruiser does not mean you are a slack jawed daydreamer.
Just like riding a crotch rocket doesn't mean you know jack about riding fast.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:04 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HawkFanatic
Squid, noob, no talent hack, etc.

ever heard of a squib kick in the NFL?
So you're saying that guy in Post #68 kicked his R6.

Man, that must've hurt.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Superstock

kmm996
Originally Posted by Johnny_Rocket
My agrivation starts with the clever little play on words that everyone seems to think they thought of first...

Super chicken
Super ****

Then we get to.... Wow! Thats the biggest one lunger I've ever seen!

....moving on to.... Couldn't afford a duc?

On to... Why did you make it sound like a HD?

ending with... you should turbo/nos/supercharge/flux capacitor that thing!

I just pretend I can't hear people if I hear them ask something now... Unless it's a hot chick... I can oblige a little ignorance from a hottie...a little...
My friends and I took a road trip to Fort Wayne night. We found the bike hang out and parked for a while. I was sitting on the curb by the bikes chatting with the guys minding my own business. A typical squid was walking by our bikes telling his girlfriend all about 'em. There was four of us, my VTR, a 'busa, a ZX12R, and an old school 1985 Vmax. He comes to my bike and starts calling it the Superchicken. One of my buddies yells at me and asks if I'm going to let him talk like that? I say he can say what he wants I hear it called that before. The kid immediately starts complementing the VTR, saying how it's really good as a stunt bike, torque and all... I kind of ignore him. Buddies start blowing **** back. The kid keeps talking... I say something(can't remember what) and he apoligizes... Then makes a comment that he feels fine as long as I dont' stand up. He says if I stand up he's out of here. I guess the quiet guy who stands 6' 3" with friends of 6'4" 300, 6'1" 280 and 6'4" WIth 2 hyper bikes intimidated him abit.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:37 AM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MLB
That's just silly.
Speed has EVERYthing to do with your safetly.
And riding a cruiser does not mean you are a slack jawed daydreamer.
Just like riding a crotch rocket doesn't mean you know jack about riding fast.
riding a cruiser also doesn't mean you are any safer either. look at the statistics. which group of riders is more prone to dumping it? the cruisers. who has more deaths? the cruisers.(mostly because they don't like gear obstructing their view of everything but the road) I know not all cruiser riders are bad, and if these observations don't apply to you, then don't be offended. I mentioned the "pretty scenery" because it was mentioned by the poster I was responding to. don't argue this with me. I've seen way too many R.U.B.'s go down, and too many "fast" riders never get hurt to be convinced otherwise. and what the hell does "brownnoser" have to do with anything?? check your emotes.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Squid

jonnyd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kmm996
I guess the quiet guy who stands 6' 3" with friends of 6'4" 300, 6'1" 280 and 6'4" WIth 2 hyper bikes intimidated him abit.
LOL. Yeah, I've had many incidents like that when I was cruising in cars with pals of mine. I'm the tallest at 6'7", and the other guys are 6'4 and 6'3". We'd step outa my car all wearing black trenchcoats, and whatever someone thought their problem was, amazingly wasn't a problem anymore. Funny how that clears up so fast.

I must be in a different world, because the only questions I get about it are when I stop in the mountains and others ask me all kinds of stuff I don't even know about. (But am learning) Maybe I'm stopping in all the wrong places? Or maybe anyone that rides the mountains and stops is a motorcycle knowledge god? (Except me)

I feel stupid, I actually did tell someone his light was out in the first month that I owned my bike. LOL.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:22 PM
JAMES
Superstock
Superstock

Pimpsterbim1 is on a distinguished road
^^ You and your buddies would all rock black trench coats together..lol
Old 04-01-2009, 12:45 AM
SuperSport

yruyur is on a distinguished road
when the guy at work says "hey we should jump on the bikes and go for a drive"
Old 04-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Back Marker

doggerman is on a distinguished road
weaving around cars is all fine and dandy till that guy your about to pass on the right suddenly sees his exit,watch for the head bobble.Speed ? I dam near got rear ended at a stop sign last year.Did the biggest wheelie of my life taking off.The cruiser guys tend to wear faceless helmets.I've heard two stories this past month about cruisers going down.Both ended with thier face's were F__KED_UP.
My favorite question is from kids.How fast does it go ? My answer, 150 miles an hour,you should get one.Dosen't happen often enough.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Squid

IAGeezer is on a distinguished road
Three of the most common ones I hear;

1. Get off bike, remove helmet, and hear "Those crotch rockets are too uncomfortable for me." I'm 51, and usually knock down a couple hundred miles at a pop...

2. Walk into public place with gear, helmet in hand and speed-crazed look. "You ride a bike?"

3. Next thing I hear is a comment, when dork's buddy is looking at my speedo, "Will it go that fast?"

4. When riding my FJR, stop for fuel, and some guy says, "Nice BMW!" I take the time to explain that it's a Yamaha, and would he like to buy the BMW that's gathering dust in my garage?
Old 04-01-2009, 10:45 PM
MotoGP

At Laguna Seca 20-some years ago, between the infield motorcycle parking and the vendors booths there is a new (I think not yet released in the US) BMW K100. Two guys are checking it out and one says "Wow look, it'll do 280 miles per hour".

Of course it was a Euro spec bike with the speedo calibrated in kilometers per hour.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:01 AM
Back Marker

runrowdy is on a distinguished road
Great Thread! LMAO over some of these stories.

I really can't recall any dumb comments, I usually get compliments. I did have one guy freak out when he saw me get off my bike. He comes running up, big smile, saying "WOW! A Superhawk! SHHhhhhhh, don't tell everyone but they are fassst!" Like I didn't allready know that, lol.

The dumbest thing I think isn't really said but implied. Traveling along waving at passing bikers and some stuck-up bitch doesn't return the wave or worse gives the ol' one finger salute. Just because of the bike I ride you have judged me? Grow up! That's dumb in my opinion.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:21 AM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
The dumbest thing I think isn't really said but implied. Traveling along waving at passing bikers and some stuck-up bitch doesn't return the wave or worse gives the ol' one finger salute. Just because of the bike I ride you have judged me? Grow up! That's dumb in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

the sad thing is, the vast majority of the U.S. population is comprised of dangerously ignorant, and and inherently stupid people. so the good news is we will have no shortage of stupid comments. but the bad news is we have to wade through these idiots every time we get on the road. and yes I was born here.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Superstock

sumthin_major is on a distinguished road
Considering where you live, it looks like your average or ratio is higher than most of us.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:35 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jonnyd
LOL. Yeah, I've had many incidents like that when I was cruising in cars with pals of mine. I'm the tallest at 6'7", and the other guys are 6'4 and 6'3". We'd step outa my car all wearing black trenchcoats, and whatever someone thought their problem was, amazingly wasn't a problem anymore. Funny how that clears up so fast.

I must be in a different world, because the only questions I get about it are when I stop in the mountains and others ask me all kinds of stuff I don't even know about. (But am learning) Maybe I'm stopping in all the wrong places? Or maybe anyone that rides the mountains and stops is a motorcycle knowledge god? (Except me)

I feel stupid, I actually did tell someone his light was out in the first month that I owned my bike. LOL.

cruising around with your buddies while all wearing black trench coats thinking you're tough **** is pretty lame.....plus the fact that you live 10 minutes from columbine high school takes it to another level... wow.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Squid

IAGeezer is on a distinguished road
Don't sweat the no-wave or finger stuff. It's not worth getting rankled over. I was a rabid H-D guy before the pirate with a platinum card craze started. I used to get drunk and pee on foreign bikes, stupid stuff like that. I was just ignorant and single-minded. It's just someone else's turn to be a dumbass....

Now I troll the back roads looking for parades of 'em to strafe....

The wife says I'm immature, I just call it anger management.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:43 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

I got a great laugh from a group of buds while on my scooter(the ruckus). I sped up to stop in front of 5-6 of them and with the most serious tone and face I could muster, I said, "Yeah... I ride." They were all laughing out loud. classic moment.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Super Byrd
Superstock

Byrdman is on a distinguished road
nice thats a good one
Old 04-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Squid

jonnyd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by j shizzy wizzy
cruising around with your buddies while all wearing black trench coats thinking you're tough **** is pretty lame.....plus the fact that you live 10 minutes from columbine high school takes it to another level... wow.
Heh, that was long before Columbine, back when Westy Mall was cruise central. And no, haven't put on the trench since. Only moved out to Morrison a couple years ago =) Yeah, it's lame now that I'm older and wiser.

Although, I really wish I could have seen the faces last halloween when I had on a grim reaper outfit, long creepy sleeves and cloak flapping in the wind, riding the SH down I-25 and passing everyone. Bet that looked a little out of place LOL (of course I had the helmet on)
Old 04-02-2009, 11:01 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

well good thing that was long before! I was starting to wonder about you! grim reaper on the freeway would give children nightmares, lol.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Cleveland is on a distinguished road
I got a great laugh from a group of buds while on my scooter(the ruckus). I sped up to stop in front of 5-6 of them and with the most serious tone and face I could muster, I said, "Yeah... I ride." They were all laughing out loud. classic moment.
I'm picturing your avatar and this as you say that..
Old 04-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Back Marker

runrowdy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by IAGeezer
Don't sweat the no-wave or finger stuff. It's not worth getting rankled over.
It doesn't bother me. I just think it's dumb. My opinion is we are all in this together so why the hate? I still will stop to help any biker in need and I appreciate all types of bikes (even scooters,lol). Run what ya brung but enjoy.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:14 AM
MotoGP

That's great. I hope you were wearing one of those half helmets too.

Quick Reply: What's the dumbest thing anyones ever said/asked about your Hawk or Gear?