SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   What's the dumbest thing anyones ever said/asked about your Hawk or Gear? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/whats-dumbest-thing-anyones-ever-said-asked-about-your-hawk-gear-17992/)

usmc7051 03-24-2009 07:23 PM

What's the dumbest thing anyones ever said/asked about your Hawk or Gear?

Ok guys,

I saw this on another forum and it actually turned out to be pretty entertaining.

What is the dumbest thing anyones ever said about your Superhawk and/or Riding Gear?

usmc7051 03-24-2009 07:27 PM

While I was going the MSF course a guy come up to me:

Guy: Your bike's so small, is it a 600?

Me: No, it's a 996, you can even read it right here (as I'm pointing at it).

Guy: Why does it sound so different than mine?

Me: Starting explaining that it was a V-twin on my way to somewhere other than near this guy.

Just to clarify I'm not normally an ass, but probably an hour before this conversation he was talking about how he's ridden 20 different bikes and has been riding for 10+ years.

nothing 03-24-2009 07:34 PM

on my first riding day 2 people thought my bike was an sv650 lol

HisHawkiness 03-24-2009 07:36 PM

People always come up to me and say "Its a V-Twin so it doesn't sound anything like a sportbike" or "its a V-twin not a sportbike" ....to which i always ask "....so wtf is a ducati?"

HRCVTR1000 03-24-2009 07:42 PM

I dont know about you guys , but I get sick of people coming up to me on my bike and saying....You dont see many of those anymore ! I guess it irritates me like its some kind of antique or something ? :wtf1: Yeah , my bikes a 99 but it doesnt look any different than a 2005 ,and to me thats not that old !

VTRsurfer 03-24-2009 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by HisHawkiness (Post 206963)
People always come up to me and say "Its a V-Twin so it doesn't sound anything like a sportbike" or "its a V-twin not a sportbike" ....to which i always ask "....so wtf is a ducati?"

Good answer.:rotf:

HRCVTR1000 03-24-2009 07:52 PM

:laughing2: :thumbsup:

VTRsurfer 03-24-2009 07:56 PM

My wife and I are at a coffee shop for breakfast. We go to leave and a guy starts admiring our bikes. Pointing at my wife's EX500 (before she got her SV) he says, "THAT ONE LOOKS FAST!". :crackup:

The kicker is that it didn't even have the Muzzy 2 into 1 on it yet, it was all stock.

HRCVTR1000 03-24-2009 08:04 PM

Sometimes our beloved Superhawk just gets no respect ! Like we already know , you ether love em or hate em . This is a thread from another forum I am a member of ......http://www.blokessportbike.com/showthread.php?t=39850 The bike the guy is considering trading with is a current SH forum member (Hacknslash) and his bike looks awesome !

98ILVTR 03-24-2009 08:13 PM

I always get asked how many CC's it is. When I respond, I either get two responses: "Oh thats a nice sized touring bike" or "Wow, its really fast then, huh?"..:rolleyes:

sumthin_major 03-24-2009 08:16 PM

:laughing2::crackup:Those intellectualy stimulated individuals probly don't know what a Ducati is. I have had people ask what my bike is. When I tell them it's a 99 Superhawk they said "that's one of those problem bikes that honda didn't make very long." I told them it was made exactly the same from 98 to 2005. That's longer than they made the 900rr (I think). Their response " See what I mean, It won't last very long." They were riding new GSXR's.

Truckinduc 03-24-2009 08:22 PM

"does it run yet?"

Truckinduc 03-24-2009 08:23 PM

everyone that found out my bike was a ducati assumed it was one of the fastest bikes ever.

I just agreed, 120 is fast for some people.

NWbrew 03-24-2009 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Truckinduc (Post 206980)
"does it run yet?"

HA! I'm sure you've never heard that one in here though...

Hotbrakes 03-24-2009 08:30 PM

Today I was at Cycle Gear with my Mom and she asked why I was buying a hard back protector for my suit. She asked if it was to keep the passenger off my back. She also jokingly asked if the foam air filters were big coozies. I replied "yeah, for Big Gulps".

I get an occassional "Is that a Ducati?" referring to the sound of dual pipes. And others ask what kind of BMW my VFR is.

Non-riders frequently ask "why do you wear all that stuff?" cause I always have as much protective stuff on as seasonably possible. I tell them to come for a ride and they will see.

VTRsurfer 03-24-2009 08:37 PM

Like stated by usmc7051, I'm always being asked what size it is. As they are standing within full view of the 996 sticker. They usually think that it's smaller.

sumthin_major 03-24-2009 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Hotbrakes (Post 206984)
Non-riders frequently ask "why do you wear all that stuff?" cause I always have as much protective stuff on as seasonably possible. I tell them to come for a ride and they will see.

In the summer I do get asked why I wear a jacket everytime I ride.

Truckinduc 03-24-2009 08:43 PM

Im sure Im going to get rittled with questions once my bike sees the road.

It will not say honda anywhere. And if anyone recognizes it, they know their bikes.

divingindaytona 03-24-2009 08:43 PM

One queston that I think is dumb that I get all the time is why is your gear (helmet, jacket) blue? Shouldn't it be red so you match the bike? I never got that queston when I had the same lid, same bike and wore my black leather jacket.

On a group ride I had some guy on a kawi 636 dressed in full leathers, ask me if my bike is a 250. I just told him Yes! Lets see how my 250 keeps up with your 600.

j shizzy wizzy 03-24-2009 09:01 PM

some guy told me I was crazy to ride a 'superbike' like this with little previous experience.

autoteach 03-24-2009 09:14 PM

MF'ers. The crap they talk. Best gas mileage of 32-35mpg, BS. What d bags?!

Best one was the parts dick at a private shop. He was answering phones for the business.

Hi, I want to schedule a dyno tuning for my Honda Superhawk...

What type of bike do you have?

A Honda Superhawk?!

When?

Asap

What do you have done to it?

I made my own custom undertail exhaust and have a Dj kit with K&N.

What brand is the exhaust?

I made it.

No, I mean who makes the exhaust?

I MADE IT MYSELF.

VTRsurfer 03-24-2009 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by divingindaytona (Post 206991)
On a group ride I had some guy on a kawi 636 dressed in full leathers, ask me if my bike is a 250. I just told him Yes! Lets see how my 250 keeps up with your 600.

I hope you let him read your license plate for most of the ride.:wheelie:

killer5280 03-24-2009 10:11 PM

Stupid idiot female cop at a (illegal) roadblock pronounced with an egotistical air of confidence that Honda didn't make 1000 cc v-twins, so it had to be a Ducati.
(I decided not to show her the Glock that was in my tankbag.)

Corona Hawk 03-24-2009 11:03 PM

I was walking in the mall today wearing Icon motorhead leather jacket, Icon Barrier pants, Icon Field Armor boots and a tank bag. A kiosk salesguy said "Bro, You riding a motorcycle?" Here's Your Sign.

gboezio 03-25-2009 05:07 AM

Heard at my local Honda dealer in 2005, "what's that, is that an import, hey come see this, is this really a stock Honda ??" Other guy comes, "Oh yeah we sold one in 98"

Or riding with unknown apes, "it's a women's bike huh,hu, huh, huh, gla, huhu,huh..."

Gtrain00 03-25-2009 06:21 AM

How could anyone think the SH is a 250?..

But yesterday some kid said... " that bike is nothing, my harley would kill it."

^^ speaks for itself.

VTRFISH 03-25-2009 06:28 AM

Walked into work wearing my jacket and helmet and a guy said:

" So.....ya ride your motorcycle in today?"

I blankly looked at him and replied,

" No, I just wear this stuff to see how many people ask me stupid questions."

Here's your sign..............

sumthin_major 03-25-2009 06:29 AM

I'll tell you how they can mistake it. Alot of these young "sportbike riders", and I still consider myself youg, think that if a sportbike is not a 600 or a 1000 I4 . Then it's not a sportbike in their eyes.

Gtrain00 03-25-2009 06:33 AM

Yeah i get those alot..
Ill go to work and they will see my helmet. " did you ride your motorcycle?"

But usually its a just a friendly but awkward conversation starter, so i dont laugh too hard

bundleofgrundle 03-25-2009 06:51 AM

a few people have felt it necessary to tell me how much they love the 'Nighthawk' and that my 'Nighthawk' is in good shape. Maybe they'll pick up a 'Nighthawk' at some point. IT SAYS SUPERHAWK ON THE SIDE.