General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

What would your first upgrade be?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Superstock

speedkelly@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 8541Hawk
I have to agree with all this.

Now if you really want a return on mod'ing something...... Go do a track day or two. In other words mod. the rider. That is the best investment you can make.
Agree with this.

For me personally. I would have to mod the front forks. Just to damn soft and upgrade the front brakes. Other than that. It's all just icing on the cake.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:54 PM
SuperSport

Squid is on a distinguished road
I hear that. I have done some in the past, but I will have to do another one here in the future. I may have to wait till im out because I will move back down to So Cal for Willow Springs. Thank you ALL for the information. and Lukenukem47... You are right... I spent about 2 hours going back and forth on a pair of Jardine's and a jet kit, and levers, and CCT's and lights and ect. ect. ect. lol
Old 04-26-2011, 02:15 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Jet kit may not be totally necessarily:

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...-set-up-24769/
Old 04-26-2011, 02:37 PM
SuperSport

7moore7- Thanks for that link, I was looking at that and I agree, I think I would like to have one Just In Case I need to go up on any of them. I have to say that I only got 2 hours of sleep last night because I was watching Youtube Vids on different types of exhaust and other mods on the VTR. But I guess having a bone stock bike is pretty cool. I just need to ride it and let everythign else go. You guys are awesome.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:12 PM
not-so New Member
Squid

whozit is on a distinguished road
I've only been around here for a little less than a year but in my opinion this is the best thread on this subject I've read yet (including using the search!). I wouldn't disagree with any of the responses I've read. The Superhawk is very good at what it was designed to be. Sure there are mechanical and electrical upgrades that some feel are absolutely necessary and others may not but aside from those debates...go ride the bike and let the two of you decide what needs to be done! Need more suspension? Upgrade the springs or fit it with a CBR1000 setup? Need more braking? Put on new pads and change the fluid or change the whole thing to RC51 components? After you get some saddle time you'll know what you need or what you just want to do because that's what you want! And when that time comes, there will be plenty of help, opinions, and debate.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:25 PM
SuperSport

I feel like a huge tool for all of this becuause after every reply thats what tends to be what my gutt was telling me to do the whole time. Maybe I needed 50 other people to tell me that so I know I wasnt triple guessing my self. My Bad.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:53 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hawxter996
my 1st upgrade should have been to leave it the hell alone,see my project modding madness.
Amen brother...
Old 04-26-2011, 10:14 PM
medium fast guy
Back Marker

trackdayhawk is on a distinguished road
mods

7 year old bike with approx 4000 miles, I'd be changing out the tires, they have got to be rock hard. I would hate to hear that your first purchase was new body work. Suspension should be next, as it gives you the greatest improvement for the buck. Next would be a bit of bling, some nice cans from D & D, Micron, Jardine, etc, and a little carb work will improve the appearance, give you a little road music, and a bit more punch. The seat comments are all valid if you plan on using it as a commuter to drone the slab, if you plan on doing the twisties, you won't be in one place on the seat long enough to worry about it.