General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

What did you do with your SuperHawk today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 07:53 PM
SuperSport

jerryh is on a distinguished road
Went to start it up at mcducks, just a grunt, like something from the bowels of Hell. Wouldn't turn over and gauges flickering as if possessed. Rect&$#@r? Couldn't find a priest so I called Vinny who lives nearby. Vinny jumped the bike, started right up, gauges flickering, intermittent tach. Took off to have battery tested and wait, is that fried wiring harness I smell? Idle gave me a clue...stable gauges. I'm hoping battery and turns out that's what it was. Installed an oversized Duracell for $89+tax and we're good to go. 2 year warranty versus one year for Battery Plus' brand 1 year for $91. Relieved it wasn't you know what.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Squid

Tofazfou is on a distinguished road
Name:  01.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  97.8 KB
Old 07-16-2014, 03:51 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Made it from a crashed Ducati ST3 upper fairing ;-) with the help of some fiberglass.

Originally Posted by jerryh
Hey which belly pan you running? Dont think I've seen it before. Thanks!
Old 07-19-2014, 03:43 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Finally

Installed a set of spare carbs setup per 8541Hawk's single hole slide recipe along with a set of Dr Honda velocity stacks and a pair of Jack Flash's thumbscrew fuel needles.

Shortened airbox support for oil breather and zip tied.

Started right up & synched carbs but sadly no test ride yet but for the constant rain today.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your SuperHawk today?-photo-2.jpg   What did you do with your SuperHawk today?-photo-3.jpg  
Old 07-19-2014, 04:16 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Crank, can you report back and post the fuel mileage change for the curious?
Old 07-19-2014, 07:42 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Wolverine
Crank, can you report back and post the fuel mileage change for the curious?
Yes, pretty curious myself. Sure hope it isn't any worse!
Old 07-20-2014, 06:53 AM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Did a quick ride yesterday and plan a longer ride today. I took some roads in my area that I had never been on.

Thankfully low humidity in Pa/NJ/NY area lately

From Pa looking East - Who knew NJ looked so nice?

Old 07-20-2014, 07:47 AM
SuperSport

Name:  20140720_123909_zpsfopgk95g.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  129.7 KB

Installed gold front calipers on my blue Hawk. Sure have a purty mouth. Rode around in this field for hours and took a pic so y'all could enjoy the awesomeness

Last edited by jerryh; 07-20-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:57 AM
SportTouring
Superstock

Onomea is on a distinguished road
Got 10 years and 1 month on my Yuasa YTX12BS. It died. Been on the tender last 3 months. That would have been the anniversary of my R/R going out too.

Got a new Battery, but kept the old one with the date inscribed by Kiser Honda as a reminder.
So far so good on the R/R.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:55 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by nnjhawk02
Did a quick ride yesterday and plan a longer ride today. I took some roads in my area that I had never been on.

Profile of a BMW F800GT sure resembles a VTR1000F. Honda could have updated and recycled the basic engine, SSS etc and made some money.

Thankfully low humidity in Pa/NJ/NY area lately

From Pa looking East - Who knew NJ looked so nice?

Old 07-21-2014, 09:21 AM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yesterday was a great ride, possibly a bit warmer & a slight bit more humid than Saturday, but still excellent.

Rode up along Delaware river North of Easton then onto Rt. 611 North from Portland Pa.

Pic Delaware Water Gap area.

Crossed into NJ on I80 & followed Old Mine Rd north along Delaware. The road is rough in spots, but it's nice to ride under the canopy of trees - nice and cool.

Pee break

Proverbial babbling brook

Then traversed some county roads in Sussex Cty NJ, highlight was Rt. 650 thru High Point State Park, perfect pavement, then onto Rt. 519 north into NY.

I then cut across Orange County Rt 1 , and made my way to Harriman State Park via 106. I've not been on this road in a couple of years, but they've replaced it & it's perfect.

Ended up at buddy's house in Piermont NY and had dinner on Hudson River north of him, right on the water on a outside deck. Good times with some great Latina eye candy - Eppa!
Old 07-21-2014, 11:41 PM
SuperSport

Squid is on a distinguished road
Just ordered a pair of Pilot Power 3s, Stealth chain and sprocket Kit from supersprox.com, and a BELL STAR CARBON RSD SWAY helmet. Pretty Stoked to get state side and get wrenching on the bike again. and most of all ride it for the first time this season!
Old 07-22-2014, 07:21 AM
European Member
Back Marker

RoadManiac is on a distinguished road
I just bought a pilot power 3sct for my GSXR squid..... well pleased with it !!

I ditcht my snorkel on the airbox and raised my tank for some more fresh air
see pic
some cooling for my lithium battery and a switch for my volt meter
2nd&3rd pic

also ditched the orginal battery termimals and solderd on 8mm gold connectors from R/C origins, for quick disconnect and far less resistance compared to the oem terminals, but also added a oem style smaller terminal for other stuff

What did you do with your SuperHawk today?-img089.jpg

What did you do with your SuperHawk today?-img092.jpg

What did you do with your SuperHawk today?-img091.jpg

Last edited by RoadManiac; 07-22-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:39 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RoadManiac
I just bought a pilot power 3sct for my GSXR squid..... well pleased with it !!

I ditcht my snorkel on the airbox and raised my tank for some more fresh air
see pic
some cooling for my lithium battery and a switch for my volt meter
2nd&3rd pic

also ditched the orginal battery termimals and solderd on 8mm gold connectors from R/C origins, for quick disconnect and far less resistance compared to the oem terminals, but also added a oem style smaller terminal for other stuff

Attachment 17403

Attachment 17404

Attachment 17405
What is this silver color I see? A Europe only Firestorm color?
Old 07-26-2014, 11:37 AM
SuperSport

Cool volt meter Road!
Old 07-27-2014, 07:43 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
So road, how does the drilled out airbox work, have you posted a thread on it? I do like the voltmeter too.

I have a battery buddy (got a deal on barf forum). It flashes between volts and % battery power at startup which is annoying. Would rather the constant volts.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:52 PM
Squid

Rebirth98 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nnjhawk02
Yesterday was a great ride, possibly a bit warmer & a slight bit more humid than Saturday, but still excellent.

Rode up along Delaware river North of Easton then onto Rt. 611 North from Portland Pa.

Pic Delaware Water Gap area.

Crossed into NJ on I80 & followed Old Mine Rd north along Delaware. The road is rough in spots, but it's nice to ride under the canopy of trees - nice and cool.

Pee break

Proverbial babbling brook

Then traversed some county roads in Sussex Cty NJ, highlight was Rt. 650 thru High Point State Park, perfect pavement, then onto Rt. 519 north into NY.

I then cut across Orange County Rt 1 , and made my way to Harriman State Park via 106. I've not been on this road in a couple of years, but they've replaced it & it's perfect.

Ended up at buddy's house in Piermont NY and had dinner on Hudson River north of him, right on the water on a outside deck. Good times with some great Latina eye candy - Eppa!
Grew up in Milford pa then got a job out western part of pa. Wish I knew about this forum when I lived there still parts of that ride are some of the greatest scenery around. And I like how you extended it into ny. Nice work. When I come back in the fall maybe I'll give that loop a ride.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Squid

Rebirth98 is on a distinguished road
Got my new yuasa battery installed and finally turned the bike past 13,000 miles! Exciting for me because I bought it four years ago with just under 10k. For a track bike with a second chance I'm very happy with her.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:02 AM
European Member
Back Marker

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
So road, how does the drilled out airbox work, have you posted a thread on it? I do like the voltmeter too.

I have a battery buddy (got a deal on barf forum). It flashes between volts and % battery power at startup which is annoying. Would rather the constant volts.
i didnt drill anything out the airbox maybe your confusing it with the drilled out battery box... i just pulled out the rubber snorkel on the front of the airbox and put those bushing on + longer screws
Old 07-28-2014, 08:04 AM
Squid

tomb393 is on a distinguished road
I replaced my rear brake pads and rode a motorcycleroads.com route in. Illinois/Wisconsin.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Squid

Tofazfou is on a distinguished road
New front tire and DID chain. WOW...WHAT A DIFFERENCE
Old 08-03-2014, 10:28 AM
Superstock

RobertLever is on a distinguished road
Took the SuperHawk on my most ambitious ride yet. I made the trip across the North Cascades Scenic Highway twice. The highway was reopened through Oso after the deadly landslide and so I rode to Darrington to support the local businesses. After lunch and a fill-up, I rode up to Marblemount to top off my tank. My bike hits the red light of death at about 90 miles so I didn't want to take any chances as there is no gas for 65 miles crossing the Cascade mountains on the highway.
I've crossed this highway a dozen times going on camping trips with friends and always envied the guys on bikes I saw. If ever a road was made for bikes, our Highway 20 is it. There are miles and miles of 30 mph curves on the west side and 60 mph curves on the east side. The scenery is easily some of the best in the U.S.
The day was cloudy with a threat of thunderstorms, and that kept the car traffic to a minimum. No lines of cars trapped behind an RV on this trip. The overcast was high enough that you could see all the mountaintops. It wasn't until I got to Mazama on the east side that I saw rain further down the valley. I didn't mind going back the way I came, the road was so awesome. I soon got so attuned to the bike that it felt like I was barely moving as I steered the bike though the curves. I'd just look where I wanted to go. The 'Hawk was made for this road. As usual, I was lugging the engine a bit as I love the sound the bike makes around 3 to 4 grand.
It was an amazing trip and the bike did real well. I'll post some pictures soon.

Last edited by RobertLever; 08-03-2014 at 10:45 AM. Reason: add picture
Old 08-03-2014, 11:46 AM
European Member
Back Marker

Originally Posted by RobertLever
Took the SuperHawk on my most ambitious ride yet. I made the trip across the North Cascades Scenic Highway twice. The highway was reopened through Oso after the deadly landslide and so I rode to Darrington to support the local businesses. After lunch and a fill-up, I rode up to Marblemount to top off my tank. My bike hits the red light of death at about 90 miles so I didn't want to take any chances as there is no gas for 65 miles crossing the Cascade mountains on the highway.
I've crossed this highway a dozen times going on camping trips with friends and always envied the guys on bikes I saw. If ever a road was made for bikes, our Highway 20 is it. There are miles and miles of 30 mph curves on the west side and 60 mph curves on the east side. The scenery is easily some of the best in the U.S.
The day was cloudy with a threat of thunderstorms, and that kept the car traffic to a minimum. No lines of cars trapped behind an RV on this trip. The overcast was high enough that you could see all the mountaintops. It wasn't until I got to Mazama on the east side that I saw rain further down the valley. I didn't mind going back the way I came, the road was so awesome. I soon got so attuned to the bike that it felt like I was barely moving as I steered the bike though the curves. I'd just look where I wanted to go. The 'Hawk was made for this road. As usual, I was lugging the engine a bit as I love the sound the bike makes around 3 to 4 grand.
It was an amazing trip and the bike did real well. I'll post some pictures soon.
Sounds amazing i wish i had some nice mountain roads near by.... even just mountains would be cool...
but our next door neighbors (germany) have it all... no speed limits, mountains & the nurburgring witch ill be taking the hawk to this summer
Old 08-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Squid

bird-rider is on a distinguished road
Washed, waxed and cleaned the chain.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:15 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by RobertLever
I replaced a turn signal bulb today Robert. It was AWESOME!
Old 08-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

Installed the Tweety design voltage monitor and removed the shims from shock absorber clevis.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jerryh
I replaced a turn signal bulb today Robert. It was AWESOME!
I long for one of my turn signal bulbs to traverse death's threshold that I may taste that sweet nectar, Jerry.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:17 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by VTR1000F
I long for one of my turn signal bulbs to traverse death's threshold that I may taste that sweet nectar, Jerry.
It was time for that turn signal bulb to go, oh the left turns we made together. In the end it was intermittent and I couldn't wait to crush it's amber skull, Sweet nectar indeed.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
But,...turn signals...are supposed to be...intermittent. The horror.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:44 AM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by VTR1000F
But,...turn signals...are supposed to be...intermittent. The horror.
My bad

Quick Reply: What did you do with your SuperHawk today?