General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Water Wetter - Does it work?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 03:45 PM
Superstock

Radiaoktiv is on a distinguished road
im not saying you're wrong by any means

im just trying to learn, trying to get clarity on how your method could work. not trying to offend or disrespect you in any way

(pretty funny actually, i drive an S14 myself)
Old 10-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Squid

thehandyman is on a distinguished road
I too have wrapped my pipes. helped alot well my legs anyway! I ran WW on the track back in the day simply because if the rad. busts when you go down 20 other bikes wont slip in it or spread it around the track. I have seen a little drop in temp but not worth the hastle on the SH.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:14 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
At idle: if your fan comes on in the appropriate temp range, brings the temps down to the point the fan then stops, your cooling system if fine.

You guys with digital temp guages, return it to ambient air and enjoy your great bike. Unless it's boiling over, you are doing a lot of unnecessary hand wringing (worrying) over this.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Squid

turboblue is on a distinguished road
**drunk post** well, i don't even have a super hawk. i really want one, but i'm not financially able. all i know is the background i have. i'm not stressing anything, just carrying on a gentlemanly debate. i worked at a dyno shop in daytona beach for about a year and have had many years of performance automotive experience and i am just speaking from what i know. i am all about stretching the rules and finding new and neat ways of improving something above and beyond what the factory has already laid out. i have had a hand in many different breeds of cars. drag race, rolex 24, and scca race cars some of which making upwards of 1000 horsepower. i have also built and tuned high end japanese cars (skylines, supras, real silvias, etc.). i have had several bikes, but the superhawk cought my eye. i'm not a fan of the high strung 4 bangers or 3 bangers. i love the raw torque and beautiful sound of a nasty v twin. when i have the funds i WILL have a superhawk in the arsenal. for now my baby is the McNasty 240 that i never drive. i just enjoy helping people make their toys stand out in a crowd. even the little things matter to me. went to school to be an aircraft technician but never persued it after graduation. i'm by no means a master mechanic, but i have a vast knowledge in just about anything automotive, two wheel, and aircraft. too bad i have to be a newb and just another opinion.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Geez! I hope I didn't confuse anyone when I mentioned "fins" on the rads. I in no way meant "scoops" at all. Moriwaki makes radiator fins for the RC51 that look like this:

These have been proven to help direct cooling. I don't know how. Maybe it's an eductor effect as the wind blows by. I dunno. But they do work. If someone were to come up with something like that for the Superhawk, it might work. They have similar radiators and ducting out the sides. But then I've never had any cooling problems with my VTR at all....
Old 10-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Superstock

Texassuperhawk
I really started a hellava discussion.lol . I'm gonna try to fab up some vents for the rads and reverse the fan. I'll watch it and see what comes of it. I have to come up with some exhaust first so I can actually ride the bike.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Squid

turboblue is on a distinguished road
meh....... whats a few burned valves. easy fix, right? i had a duc 900ss and the thing was so loud i didn't know when one of my slipons blew off. i rode the thing for like two weeks before i noticed it.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:14 AM
Superstock

mikecronis
Been using it a year now on my '05 SHawk. Works, yes. Slower to reach fan-temp. Max temp used to be 273 degrees, now it's around 250.