General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

which vtr

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 12:44 AM
Squid

tractor is on a distinguished road
Talking which vtr

i am after some general opinions
i was at my local mot center putting a bike through its test and i met a gentleman with a vtr.while chatting and looking over his bike i decided if i come accross a vtr for sale locally ill check it out.i have never owned a v twin and i must admit i am slightly hooked.while sitting on his bike the only mod that came to mind was a set of risers and off-road bars for comfort etc.
my main question is what year is preferred?as far as i am aware the early bikes had carbs....is the fuel injection an improvement?which year sports the best character and why?which year for performance,stability and weight etc.
should i even dare mention colour????
looking at local sales history these bikes are dirt cheap.£1500 gets you a 1997-2000ish low mileage minter.thats a lot of bike and from what i have discovered one hell of a reliable motorcycle into the bargain.
apart from the tensioners and regulators is there really no other issues?
Old 06-02-2012, 04:16 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Prediction: If you swing a leg over one and ride it, you'll be more than "slightly hooked"... Happy hunting.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:31 AM
Superstock

maniac2313 is on a distinguished road
None of the vtrs had fuel injection all had carbs... there werent many changes through the years... the 01one and later had different guages different timing and possibly different fork internals... as far as i know these are the only differences other than color... there was only one color each year...