General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

vette from hell

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 05:43 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
vette from hell

i was on my way home from a buddies place and get onto a 1 lane section of hiway and 2 cars up i see a black and silver c6 z06 vette. this gets me excited and being modded i figured id get a go out of him. so i pass the car and get up behind him, we turn onto the actual hiway and its still 1 lane and im behind him, about 50 mph 3rd gear ready to click into second and he looks like hes ready to roll once we hit 2 lanes. hiway opens up and he pulls into the fast lane, gets infront of the first car and takes the right lane. i roll up beside him and he hammers it, i click second and give her and.....im not gaining, hes pulling from me. 60 - 110 mph he puts roughly 3 cars on me from my perspective and i wasnt gaining on him. holy ****. so he lets off and i coast up to him and give him a big thumbs up, he gives me the nod, i click down into third and he hammers it again so i grab second and again same results, lol. fuken fast. i decided to try and pick on him cause his plate says wanalooz. after looking into him he has a built z06. lol. so yeah thats why i took a beating and went home with a huge smile on my face. i messaged the guy on the vette forum to find out more about the car. thing sounded unreal, extremely pissed off, drowned out my bike.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:12 PM
SuperBike

did some investigating, fully built katech motor

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...al-attack.html
Old 09-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Squided
Back Marker

john3012 is on a distinguished road
Looks fun.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:55 PM
SuperBike

i told my buddy this and we were laughing at the fact that he probably didnt even downgear, from what im reading his setup on the motor is good for 600 -623 hp, lol
Old 09-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Squid
Squid

Torque Junkie is on a distinguished road
Cool Vette, but for a tenth of the money he spent on that you could buy a bike that would blow his vette away. He probably has as much money just tuning his vette after it was assembled by someone else as you have in your whole bike. Good story though. You could probably take him from 0-60. Be real hard to launch a 600 hp car on street tires.

A car like that is very hard to drive the speed limit and could kill you if you have no driving skills and want to drive it fast. Who wants a car that can easily break loose the tires at 60 mph coming out of a corner? Even a bone stock C-6 most people who own them never even get near the limits of the car's potential.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:57 PM
Superstock

Galaxieman is an unknown quantity at this point
I have driven a buddy's stock '06 Z06 vette, and they are indeed brutally fast. According to test #'s, from a dead start the 'hawk will be ahead at the 1320' mark, but will get passed shortly thereafter due to the 'vette carrying another 10mph of trap speed. Mid 2nd-gear roll-ons? The 'hawk just doesn't have the ponies. I reeled in a 2nd gen Viper (450 horse), but with the addition of another 55hp and loss of over 200lbs, I'm pretty sure the balance would have been the other way. Of course add some ponies to the 'hawk (a'la the 1098) and the balance swings grossly back toward the bike.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:41 AM
SuperBike

Definatly from a dig or a much lower speed I would have had a much better chance just based on traction. The thing that gets me is where do people get this money. That car is an easy 150 g. He's got the interior done on it too from the pics I've seen. Some of these vette guys spend upwards of 20g on interior upgrades. Blows my damn mind. He didn't look like an old guy either. Maybe mid to late 30s. Guess success hits some people faster than others.

From the reading up I've been doing he's gonna spray the car. 250 to 300 hp. He wants to run 9s and turn like 145 mph traps. I truly don't think he was giving me everything that car has. He may have dropped a gear or two but not all the way. That much power in a car that already traps mid 120ish mph stoch he should have layed me a big beating. Looks like I'm gonna be doing some mods over the winter. Regear front and back for sure jet kit is here already so my fikters going back in along with the cans gertting fully gutted unless I find some cheap used ones and I'm thinking of upgrading to lighter wheels. Can't let this happen again. Lol.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:45 AM
Superstock

Galaxieman is an unknown quantity at this point
Sad part is, a stock-motor zx-14 with a pipe, PC, and a strap will run mid to low 9's for less than that 20g worth of interior upgrades.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:49 AM
SuperBike

oh yeah for sure man. a bike is always the cheapest way to go fast. no doubt there at all. but if you have the money and dont mind parting with it then why not. from what i read those katech vettes with their suspension setups and the right street tire pull 1.12g. thats impressive
Old 09-26-2009, 08:58 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Awesome car. But I'm pretty sure a stock Z06 will walk on a superhawk on a highway roll on. With good riders & drivers they basically have an almost equal quarter mile time and the vette has another 40mph on the top end.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Squid
Squid

Bikes are cheaper to get fast but what would you rather go fast in? That guy could be holding on to a cup of coffee and listening to his Ipod while racing you at 150 mph and talking on his phone.

You could probably roll that vette at 100 and walk away.

In my opinion bikes are now way too cheap for the $. Any squid 18 years old with a steady job can walk in and finance a bike that will go 190 mph. No riding experience necessary or intelligence. For the most part to get a car that will go that fast you have to be old enough, smart enough, and experienced enough to afford it and would have the experience of driving progressively faster and faster cars to get to that point. The guy that owns the $120K vette probably has already owned a $5K camaro, a $15K camaro, a $20K vette, a $40K vette, and his new $60K vette before the mods. So at least he has experience driving quick, fast, faster, and fastest sport cars.

It's the spoiled rich kids that buy the modded out sport cars at 18 that kill themselves, or others. Like Hulk Hogan's son. What kind of idiot lets his son drive around in a 600 hp Supra at age 17. He crashed racing it on the street at over 100 and killed the passenger.

There is a modded ZX-10 for sale around here that does mid 9's on a stock motor. The guy cannot sell it for $7K. It is scarey that you could go that fast for $7K. Imagine what you could do for $17K.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:14 AM
SuperBike

yeah man for sure, its gotta be progressive, its the same with the kids who buy a honda swap the motor and hit a pole because they dont realize that turning and throttle in a fwd dont mix.

this guy wasnt that old, maybe mid to late 30's had his kid with him. truthfully speaking if i were able to choose id pick a quick vette over a quick bike. mainly for the reasons you mentioned above. the ability to take stuff with you, ac, heat for cooler nights and the shelter from the rain. but i dont seem tohave that much extra scratch kicking around so i guess ill have to pass on that for now, lol. a stock z06 i dont think would really pose that much of an issue especially from a low speed to the vtr. mph is fairly similar and as long as you arent trying to top out the bike you should be fine. but that thing is holding an extra 100 hp or more over stock. he hasnt responded to me yet so im not sure if he had dropped into the right now or just just down a couple or if he was even at full throttle or just giving it enough to get away from me. hard to say. i would like to find out though and id like to do a nice low roll with him, i think a 30 or 40 mph roll would have had a different outcome by 120 simply because that thing would be all over the road looking for traction
Old 09-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Squid
Squid

He's going to lose that vette (or 1/2 of it doing that). His wife will take half everything he owns and take the kid if she realizes he is street racing with his kid inside. If the kid is old enough to talk, she will find out.

Tuners, don't get me started. Honda tuning is for people who are bad at math.

$5K car + $5K mods = $4K car that needs $500 worth of tuning to run right.

I love looking through craigslist at used trashed Honda's for sale. I always get a kick out of that. Just type in Boost in the search mode and all kinds of Honda Tuner trash comes up. These cars are all trashed/wrecked, they have like $10K into them, none of them run right and they can't sell them for 1/2 of what they got into them. It seems like none of these idiots can get them to run right themselves. Got to "get it tuned". Bone Stock Hondas go for more it seems like. To see a nice one running right and reliable they have like $20K into them. They always say something like, "built to make 500 hp if you turn up the boost, only running 5 psi right now" Yeah right, like it hasn't been flogged at 20 psi until they broke something, then turned it down because the $ for the replacement parts to take 500 hp is too expensive.. Who spends $10K on a motor and doesn't turn up the boost to what you paid $10K for?

You could get a nice vette for that and would be cooler and more reliable. It always amazes me that they take a Honda, add all the drivetrain of an Acura, and end up with a Honda that cost more than the Acura to begin with but is worth less than a stock Honda.

I only started looking at these ads because I was looking for a bone stock Accord, now I just look for fun.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:50 AM
SuperBike

haha you hit the nail on the head. its rare you see a honda that runs right. my buddy matt had one that made 422 whp and on street tires ran mid 11's on very easy launches. street car drove it every day, had a ton of cash into it, roughly 20 grand under the hood into a 1993ish civic.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Torque Junkie
Tuners, don't get me started. Honda tuning is for people who are bad at math.

$5K car + $5K mods = $4K car that needs $500 worth of tuning to run right.
Because.........There is no replacement for displacement
Old 09-27-2009, 05:16 AM
SuperBike

thats exactly it, ive had a built and boosted 4 banger and it was fast, but no where near as enjoyable as the bike, hell i had a 5 liter mustang aswell and it wasnt too shabby
Old 09-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Squid

cnw126 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Torque Junkie
Bikes are cheaper to get fast but what would you rather go fast in? That guy could be holding on to a cup of coffee and listening to his Ipod while racing you at 150 mph and talking on his phone.

You could probably roll that vette at 100 and walk away.

In my opinion bikes are now way too cheap for the $. Any squid 18 years old with a steady job can walk in and finance a bike that will go 190 mph. No riding experience necessary or intelligence. For the most part to get a car that will go that fast you have to be old enough, smart enough, and experienced enough to afford it and would have the experience of driving progressively faster and faster cars to get to that point. The guy that owns the $120K vette probably has already owned a $5K camaro, a $15K camaro, a $20K vette, a $40K vette, and his new $60K vette before the mods. So at least he has experience driving quick, fast, faster, and fastest sport cars.

It's the spoiled rich kids that buy the modded out sport cars at 18 that kill themselves, or others. Like Hulk Hogan's son. What kind of idiot lets his son drive around in a 600 hp Supra at age 17. He crashed racing it on the street at over 100 and killed the passenger.

There is a modded ZX-10 for sale around here that does mid 9's on a stock motor. The guy cannot sell it for $7K. It is scarey that you could go that fast for $7K. Imagine what you could do for $17K.
What would I rather go fast in?

It all depends on the day and what I wanted to do. I personally believe that bikes are more fun. Sure money is an issue but not the only issue. Even if I was Oprah rich I would still have motorcycles and ride them fast because it is fun. Cars don't give you the same feeling as a bike railing through corners or doing wheelies. I would love to have a fast car but it would never replace my bike.

If you look at pro racing, cars are always faster than bikes. Whether is is top fuel drag vs some type of pro drag bike, the cars come out on top. Same with Formula 1 vs Moto GP. It is a matter of power and putting it to the ground and of course MONEY!

If you just want to go fast and are on a budget than I guess bikes are the way to go, but you are missing out on the whole motorcycle thing and it is beautiful.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:52 PM
SuperBike

yup i agree, i find that if im having a shitty day i hop on the bike and forget all about that once i get rolling. and once i hang off my seat through a few corners ive completely forgotten about what my issue was and all i think about is how free it is to ride.

on a vette related note i talked to the owner hes game for a spring time rematch. so i gotta find some cheap used cans regear and maybe see if i can put the vtr on a diet over the winter
Old 09-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Who are you?
SuperSport

Just_Nick is on a distinguished road
Just borrow a GSXR1000.
160horsepower, 580lb with 150lb rider. That's a .28hp/lb ratio.
The SH is 90-100hp, probably 580-600 with 150lb rider. That's .15-.17 hp/lb ratio.
Or borrow a turbo Hayabusa, usually 300-500hp, you're talking a .5-.8 hp/lb ratio.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:38 AM
SuperBike

ive got a buddy with a turbo busa. 380 whp on low boost, lol. my friends a bike mechanic and he was showing me this turbo gixxer that came ine, 360 whp. said it was simply unreal how hard this thing pulled
Old 09-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Who are you?
SuperSport

I can't wait to see the new BMW S1000RR with a turbo. 179 rwhp stock.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:39 PM
SuperBike

thats some good power. and with an already turbo bike you know its only a matter of time before people start flashing the computer and raising the boost
Old 09-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Crash
Superstock

COLE is on a distinguished road
ha a stock z06 will smoke a gt500 with 50 thousand in up grades seen it happen
Old 09-28-2009, 07:19 PM
SuperBike

ive also seen 700 hp cars running mid 11's. driver makes the car especially when big power is at play. in fact ive got a friend whos got a 700 whp trans am and he got fed hard by another friends 540 whp mustang from a dig. trans am with its huge *** tires just couldnt put the power down. car was fast, 4th gear spinning its 315's fast down the hiway at 100 mph. lol.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Squid
Squid

If I was only running 11's on 700 hp, I would tell everyone I only had 400 hp. Should be running deep in the 9's on 700 hp. Mustangs can get in the 9s on 500 hp. Chasis tuning, suspension, gearing, and getting traction is not rocket science if only going in a straight line from a stop. There are fool proof methods of hooking up big hp, if that is only what you want to do. It is not cheap though but neither is 700 hp. It doesn't get real serious until you are trying to shave that last tenth of a second or two.

If it is a track road car that is different. I think Indy cars push about 1100 hp but would only do around 11 second 1/4s. I remember that from somewhere. They aren't geared for straight line from a stop. They don't have all the weight focused on the rear tires either. From 90 to 200+ coming out of a corner, nothing can touch them. I know Nascars push around 700+ and they are not that quick on the 1/4 either.

Yes driver is everything at that level of hp.

What would you drive/ride/or fly if given a choice on anything you wanted and got lessons?

Indy Car?
Nascar?
Top Fuel Dragster?
Top Fuel Bike?
F-18?
Grand Prix Road Car?
Top 5 Sponsored Track Bike?
Monster Truck?
Bonneville Landspeed Record Set up?
Open Class Baja 1000?
Expensive Exotic Car on the Autobahn?
One off Expensive Sport Bike on a closed course?
Vintage Road Racer?
Vintage Motorcycle Racing?

I don't know, but I have always envied the guys that race around the old XKEs, ferraris, or 60's Vettes on the old road courses. They still do that in vintage racing. The hobby for the rich and elite. Looks like a kick in the pants to be in a old vette with side pipes no windows and unmuffled 600 hp small block screaming, racing around with other vintage cars of the same era like Steve McQueen. Some of those cars with real racing history are worth about $1/2 mil.

I think I would skip the vintage cycle racing. That scares me.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:38 AM
SuperBike

i agree the vintage racing would be wicked. the hardest part would be choosing what car to run, maybe an old shelby cobra or gt350 mustang

and a 500 hp mustang is a 10 second car. my buddy rays car made 545 whp an ran 10.60's on a 10 inch slick. stock block heads and cam were different it was blown 6 point cage 4.10 gears suspension slick tremac tranny and i think thats it. car was consistent for 5 years before spliiting the stock block in half. that was in a fox body with a 5 liter. but i hear what your saying that trans am would have been alot faster with a good driver suspension and better tire
Old 09-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Who are you?
SuperSport

Originally Posted by uchi
thats some good power. and with an already turbo bike you know its only a matter of time before people start flashing the computer and raising the boost
No, it doesn't have a turbo.
It makes more power than a gsxr1000, and it is all naturally aspired. God knows how it'll do with a turbo.